Twitter: Irvin on defense: It’s about your manhood

MyFairLady

Reaction score
[QUOTE="Irvin is one of the last people that should be talking about manhood, he doesn't even know what that means.[/QUOTE]
LOL in this context he knows exactly what it means. It means putting in the work through the week and showing up on Sunday. It means winning the battle against the man in front of you. It is the most basic form of manhood there is. Irvin is a proven champion. Lawrence, Jaylon, Crawford and the gang are little baby turds that are getting beat down by better men week after week.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
There's only one way to find out. Remaining as is isn't likely going to resolve their woes.

Demarcus is playing on a bad knee. That's a fact. Smith if flirting with replacement, imo.

It really looks like Mike Nolan was a mistake on the part of McCarthy. A big one, at that.

There is no coaching in the NFL or anywhere that is going to take this bag of garbage with no offseason, 3 weeks of TC, no preseason games, and all these injuries and make them a cohesive, good unit.

Now was Nolan the wrong hire? Maybe. I could care less about Nolan. Most of these clowns have been bad for a while in Dallas.

Lawrence hasn't played well since his contract year and nothing special before it.

Woods, Awuzie, Brown, Thompson, Hill...……………..these guys were all scrubs before this year and they are all starting.

Jaylon we have come to know is soft and weak. Diggs is a rookie. Its absolutely no surprise to me whatsoever that this defense sucks.

Some of you guys act shocked about it all. Writing has been on the wall for a while now. This defense was a joke last year and the year before.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Mike Nolan needs to dumb down the complexity of his defense,

perhaps, but if everyone got to to tap out by just saying "geez, this is tough" no one would ever advance in any endeavor.

other teams run complex schemes and change out players every year yet somehow their guys get up to speed and play well. ours just complain.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
There is no coaching in the NFL or anywhere that is going to take this bag of garbage with no offseason, 3 weeks of TC, no preseason games, and all these injuries and make them a cohesive, good unit.

Now was Nolan the wrong hire? Maybe. I could care less about Nolan. Most of these clowns have been bad for a while in Dallas.

Lawrence hasn't played well since his contract year and nothing special before it.

Woods, Awuzie, Brown, Thompson, Hill...……………..these guys were all scrubs before this year and they are all starting.

Jaylon we have come to know is soft and weak. Diggs is a rookie. Its absolutely no surprise to me whatsoever that this defense sucks.

Some of you guys act shocked about it all. Writing has been on the wall for a while now. This defense was a joke last year and the year before.

No, I'm not surprised in the least that things have gone awry with this defense. They were much better before Nolan arrived, so you'd likely do well to consider his arrival a poor decision. I really hope your rant makes you feel better, though but I doubt it will.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
perhaps, but if everyone got to to tap out by just saying "geez, this is tough" no one would ever advance in any endeavor.

other teams run complex schemes and change out players every year yet somehow their guys get up to speed and play well. ours just complain.

I surely do feel your pain but something tells me you're patience will wear thin, given due time for this mess to wear you down. Good man.

Good luck with your resolve. Here's hoping we'll both be greatly relieved by this time next year. It may well take longer than that, however.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
[QUOTE="Irvin is one of the last people that should be talking about manhood, he doesn't even know what that means.
LOL in this context he knows exactly what it means. It means putting in the work through the week and showing up on Sunday. It means winning the battle against the man in front of you. It is the most basic form of manhood there is. Irvin is a proven champion. Lawrence, Jaylon, Crawford and the gang are little baby turds that are getting beat down by better men week after week.[/QUOTE]Manhood isn't shown on a football field, it is shown in how a man lives his life.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No, I'm not surprised in the least that things have gone awry with this defense. They were much better before Nolan arrived, so you'd likely do well to consider his arrival a poor decision. I really hope your rant makes you feel better, though but I doubt it will.

People like you will think of anything dumb to fight about.

This defense went ary a while ago genius. Marinelli is half the reason this defense has so little talent.

Who the coach is is inconsequential at this point. If your suggesting that holding onto Marinelli would have been the thing to do then..................................:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

They sucked before and they suck now. Its like the clowns running around comparing Heath to Thompson and acting like we miss Heath.

Fire Nolan today, I dont care. I have no dog in the fight. They all suck until proven otherwise.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was unimpressed with his hiring and wondered about McC staking his redemption on a DC that's not very good and wasn't even one in his last two stops.

According to the reports, he was allowed to hire his own staff so he's got not excuses for these hires.

However, in all fairness, it's as much about the talent base and injuries as well. I don't think the OLC thought he'd be starting 3 or 4 out of 5 new OL or the secondary coach would be trying to put it together with bailing wire or the LBC wouldn't have his two best players.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't expect the bleeding to stop. But if they could at least slow it down a little I'd call that progress. Right now, I'll take anything I can get.

Yep...not looking to be super bowl ready in two weeks. Let's just kinda get back on the horse, at least.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
People like you will think of anything dumb to fight about.

This defense went ary a while ago genius. Marinelli is half the reason this defense has so little talent.

Who the coach is is inconsequential at this point. If your suggesting that holding onto Marinelli would have been the thing to do then..................................:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

They sucked before and they suck now. Its like the clowns running around comparing Heath to Thompson and acting like we miss Heath.

Fire Nolan today, I dont care. I have no dog in the fight. They all suck until proven otherwise.

Take a good look in the mirror and you'll see someone who fits the exact description of the one that you offered about me.

I never mentioned Marinelli -- in fact, you were the only one in this conversation who did so. He's gone -- rejoice over it like I do.

Sometimes, I think you only come to this website to take out your frustrations on those who are in the same boat as yourself.

For one who doesn't care, you surely are doing an unconvincing job of relating such a silly claim to me! You care -- admit it!! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Hec, if I see someone loafing, or missing tackles, or missing assignments, I'm benching them. If their heart ain't in it, they can ride the bench. Find out who the DOGS are on the field, find some young guys who have something to prove. Enough is enough. Hec, can't get much worse...so find some ballers out there, scroll through the depth chart until you find people with heart and pride.

Every play just about there's a different player out of position making this defense look like the keystone cops. Yes players have missed some tackles but the biggest problem is installing a very complicated convoluted defense with no off seasons programs or preseason games to get ready for the season and making players fit this defense instead of using a defense that fits the players. After the ENTIRE defense has seen how this defense hasn't worked, whether any players will admit it, there may be a couple at most that still believe in this defense. Certainly not enough to field an entire defense. I'm willing to bet that if Nolan was fired and a new temp DC tossed out Nolan's defense and went to more basic 4-3 defense we would see players hustling around making plays like they did before this Nolan defense.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Excuse me Police Chief Gimme, but this not about morality, this is about Michael Irvin's overall toughness and abiliy. Now if do not posess video evidence, you must realease my client!!!:grin:
Sorry. He was executed this morning because he still can't master judgment or learn his ABCs. You know, U. of Miami ....

Cmac

Reaction score
The comment by XWoods warranted a cup for testing by the league.