Twitter: Irvin on defense: It’s about your manhood

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Morally flawed men can still be talented, intelligent, knowledgeable, passionate. etc. in other areas of their lives.
That's basically the history of patriarchal civilization.
Thomas Jefferson, Martin Luther King Jr., Moses, King David, Ghandi, Lincoln, etc., all had flaws. That doesn't detract from their contributions to humanity.
You go doe.....:thumbup:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Take a good look in the mirror and you'll see someone who fits the exact description of the one that you offered about me.

I never mentioned Marinelli -- in fact, you were the only one in this conversation who did so. He's gone -- rejoice over it like I do.

Sometimes, I think you only come to this website to take out your frustrations on those who are in the same boat as yourself.

For one who doesn't care, you surely are doing an unconvincing job of relating such a silly claim to me! You care -- admit it!! :rolleyes:

1000% I come to get out my frustration. And I find myself responding to the dumber posts. I should be checked in just for coming here. This place is like a bad disease. :flagwave::grin:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
1000% I come to get out my frustration. And I find myself responding to the dumber posts. I should be checked in just for coming here. This place is like a bad disease. :flagwave::grin:

Well, yeah -- but it keeps us from getting too bored, I think. The negativity is tough to deal with but at least, we know we're not alone! ;)

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Lol, Irvin will always be one of my favorites. Man those 90s teams had heart. You hear about the talent all the time, but damn they had heart.
They were men enough to just say, we are the best, try and stop us.
Cant even begin to realize the appreciation I had during that early Jimmy Johnson era.
Witnessing the drafting, assembly of a great coaching staff, and grabbing key pieces that allowed this team to go and grab 3 rings,, Im thankful for that time, because its going to be a long one now...lol
You young people might see the day this team re lives that moment in history, but I seriously doubt those of us that were the not so young pups when we were grabbing those 92.93.95 rings will get to see another.
LOL,,who really knows, hell maybe ya we will...

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
They are supposed to be checking your temperature at the door.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Irvin should go ask his buddies Stephen n Jerry why they don't address the defense in the off-season in an aggressive manner.

Everytime someone thinks to criticize the defense go see Jerry and company. Ppl expect the ownership to pay scraps for defense, and the cheap defense supposed to do something???

If the FO do care about building a true defense, the players know that and act accordingly. It's not backup level players fault their FO has them starting.

Biggest problem is the disconnect between cap hit and production from the top cap hits.
Crawford, Lawrence, Jaylon around 40million this year.
1 QB hurry between them. Jaylon is a legitimate liability.
Not Boyz.

The Joneses even tried, but failed, to get us a S this year, unlike previous years. Tried to get us a McCoy. Tried to get us a DE in Griffin. Got us a Poe.

This offseason didn't lack for aggression in fixing the defense, it lacked for execution. Lacked for sense on Crawford. And was hamstrung by previous guaranteed contracts to guys who aren't producing this year.

Flamma

Reaction score
with this offense...the defense doesn't have to be great.
just be "good enough".
i'm still amazed this defense is ranked 7th in pts allowed in the 4th qtr.
just start the game with the mind set "its the 4th Qtr...down 6...gotta get stops".

I'm not. That is a situational driven statistic. If a team needs to score on Dallas in the 4th, they would. It's that teams tired themselves out by scoring so many points in the first three quarters they slow down in the 4th.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
You might be right but then, again, many men have been known to grow up, become more mature and their thinking significantly changes. Most of us have likely experienced this transformation in our own lives and witnessed it in lives of others. It's not our right to pass judgment. Only a being of greater power reserves that right. Good acts oftentimes come from unexpected people. There are cases where people can change, given time and good fortune.

Perhaps, but the last I heard he didn't change his thinking, the NFL changed theirs. They changed the rules. But hey if he does well, great. We need the help.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Perhaps, but the last I heard he didn't change his thinking, the NFL changed theirs. They changed the rules. But hey if he does well, great. We need the help.

Please explain -- are you saying Michael Irvin hasn't grown up, nor learned anything since his crazy cocaine days with the Cowboys? What NFL rules are you referring to? I'm not sure any of us have an inside track of what Irvin is all about. Are we even talking about the same thing here?

Last edited:

GMO415

Reaction score
There's times I want Irvin to go sit down somewhere. This is one of those times.

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
There is no coaching in the NFL or anywhere that is going to take this bag of garbage with no offseason, 3 weeks of TC, no preseason games, and all these injuries and make them a cohesive, good unit.

Now was Nolan the wrong hire? Maybe. I could care less about Nolan. Most of these clowns have been bad for a while in Dallas.

Lawrence hasn't played well since his contract year and nothing special before it.

Woods, Awuzie, Brown, Thompson, Hill...……………..these guys were all scrubs before this year and they are all starting.

Jaylon we have come to know is soft and weak. Diggs is a rookie. Its absolutely no surprise to me whatsoever that this defense sucks.

Some of you guys act shocked about it all. Writing has been on the wall for a while now. This defense was a joke last year and the year before.
Well said.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Please explain -- are you saying Michael Irvin hasn't grown up, nor learned anything since his crazy cocaine days with the Cowboys? What NFL rules are you referring to? I'm not sure any of us have an inside track of what Irvin is all about. Are we even talking about the same thing here?

"Michael" Irvin? Sorry Bullflop, I was thinking of David Irving and his reinstatement issues. Got the names mixed up. My bad.

ICP

Reaction score
Dallas must have a bunch of Eunuchs on defense

SSoup

Reaction score
Irvin would be a lot more approving if our guys did things the right way like he did. You know, get coked out of their minds, rape chicks and cutting teammates' throats in disputes over haircuts.