Video: Irvin on why Cooper was traded

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Risen Star, May 11, 2022.

1. Hawkeye19

Hawkeye19 Well-Known Member

5,563 Messages
    15,789 Likes Received
    Just my opinion— but I think JJ is the one who wanted Coop gone. After he missed two games for the reasons he did— JJ was spittin mad and called him out publicly.

CowboyoWales, silver and Miller like this.
  2. Brax

Brax Well-Known Member

4,673 Messages
    4,536 Likes Received
    All of sudden it’s W-L with you. LOL, It’s the playoff success he was referring to Dak , Cousins same bag of crap.

3. Jfconrow

Jfconrow Well-Known Member

999 Messages
    561 Likes Received
    I wouldn’t have drafted Ridley, it’s almost like he’s been cheating his way through life. He was 20 years old in high school so he dominated because that’s not fair when other kids are like 16.

So then he goes to the best college for football and of course looks good again so he gets drafted in the first round because well he was more mature. Then he gambles on football while sitting out. He doesnt want to play on a rookie contract, he’s already 27, he wants 100m guaranteed so he’s dodging his rookie contract. I think he should have 2 more years on his rookie contract when he comes back but with no guaranteed money.

4. buybuydandavis

buybuydandavis Well-Known Member

19,989 Messages
    17,299 Likes Received
    The business need for a salesman is to shmooze. Extroversion helps.

The business need for a WR is to get open and catch the ball. I don't need him to emote harder.
    Anyone who has watched the Cowboys over the years knows that emoting power is a double-edged sword.

5. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

48,581 Messages
    26,486 Likes Received
    And Beasley.

Jarv and Miller like this.
  6. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

44,517 Messages
    29,720 Likes Received
    Anyone that watched Cooper play here knows that he wasn't worth 22 million a year. Not by a leadership standpoint and not by a production stand point.

7. CowboyRoy

44,517 Messages
    29,720 Likes Received
    Leadership and toughness is as important as production. Its the difference between Irvin and Cooper. Its the difference between championships and disappointment.

8. CowboyRoy

44,517 Messages
    29,720 Likes Received
    More bad analysis or just plain nonsense.

Zeke is certainly a guy that would rather get drunk then in shape. Dak however, is everything you want in leadership in a QB. A guy that strives to be the best and get better.

9. ChronicCowboy

ChronicCowboy Well-Known Member

4,464 Messages
    8,597 Likes Received
    [​IMG]

10. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

51,123 Messages
    76,829 Likes Received
    They could have restructured/resigned and lowered that cap hit.

And as we see with new WR contracts, Cooper's is looking like it wasn't that awful after all.

Jerry and Stephen got taken to the cleaners in that trade. The Browns made out like bandits.

11. ChronicCowboy

ChronicCowboy Well-Known Member

4,464 Messages
    8,597 Likes Received
    The Raiders just got a 5th rounder from the Falcons for WR Bryan Edwards. Jerry needs to fire himself for the Coop fiasco because it hurt the team badly. We should have gotten a 2nd rounder at minimum.

12. CowboyRoy

44,517 Messages
    29,720 Likes Received
    Why would they want to restructure? Cooper was a luxury they no longer needed.

as far as both sides of his trade he’ll yah he got fleeced like always.

13. RonWashington

RonWashington Well-Known Member

3,716 Messages
    2,652 Likes Received

Have to fill air time .

14. zrinkill

zrinkill Cowboy Fan

41,729 Messages
    16,574 Likes Received
    Only if your ok with being secretly filmed

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal Insulin Beware

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    13,845 Messages
    5,433 Likes Received
    Don't threaten me with a good time

16. cowboyed

cowboyed Well-Known Member

3,642 Messages
    1,137 Likes Received
    To be fair Dez was such a physical beast that it slowed him down and also brought on injuries sooner than later near the end of his stint with the Cowboys. Dez only lasted one season with the Ravens and tore his Achilles tendon with the Saints around the middle of their season. Football didn't injure his spiritedness and competitive will though.