Irvin Press Conference Live - 3/14/2023

tyke1doe

Reaction score
before you make comments like that to me... know who you are talking to . Ive been with my wife for 36 years and been married 34 years. Ive never "Hit on," nor spoken inappropriately to any woman in my entire life. It is simply not who I am.

BUT, you dont need to speak a "Certain," way for someone to accuse you of something.

Example, I coached for 20 years. I always tried to get my OF to understand that just because a player was on 2nd and was going to score didnt mean they throw it to home on a ball hit to the OF. Sometimes you simply can not get an out and the player is going to score. I exaggerated stuff when I speak in order to make my point. I would say hey, on a ball hit here and it took you this long to get to the ball, a kid in a wheel chair could score from 2nd on that play, so why are you throwing it home and allowing the other player to advance to 2nd base?

Now I had used that saying for 16 years and NEVER did any person confuse what I was saying.... until I was hired to take over a team that was really bad and my job was to make them better. Sr. players didnt get the playing time they thought they "Deserved," so they took that expression and complained that I was making fun of people with disabilities....... my father was a double amputee, I was doing no such thing. I was actually making fun of incredibly foolish softball players throwing it to a base where they had no play.

Now before someone starts popping off about how I interacted with players... Ive been to over 15 former players weddings including 2 out of state. My relationship with players was great.... they knew what my point was, but they still tried to twist it into something bad.
First, you spoke on a "public forum," inviting people to read and respond to your comments. Why get "huffy" when someone does? :huh:

Second, how did I speak to you like that? I said nothing to impugn your character. I'm addressing your comments, specifically about how anything a man says can be construed as hitting on a woman. I disagreed and stated why. I thought that was allowed on this forum.

Third, your martial faithfulness is not at issue, so I'm not even going to address that.

Fourth, I've coached, umpired, taught (elementary, high school, college), and ministered to children and single-parents in one capacity or another for nearly 40 years. I've had people lie on me (rarely, but it has happened), get angry with me, criticize me, etc. just like you. But ... what does that have to do with a woman misconstruing inappropriate comments I or you might have made?

That is the issue here! So, let me ask you, has a woman EVER misconstrued you inappropriately hitting on her, or more to the point, accused you of sexually harassing her (because that is what this thread is about and what your initial comment, to which I responded, addressed)?

I HAVE NOT because I don't say anything to women that can be misconstrued as sexually harassing. I'm not saying that someone CAN'T, but it hasn't happened yet.
All men don't talk suggestively to women unwantedly. And when I counsel women students, I keep my office door open to avoid anyone trying to misconstrue situations to their advantage.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So you would say you're opinion on what happened would be one sided because of the only history you know is on one side? Again I too do not know what was said as no one seems to have concrete evidence to turn this case, BUT I do believe everyone including people who have done wrong in the past (what 90% of the population) have the right to defend thier character if they believe they have been wrongly accused of something. The system we use is of proof not "We will take your word for it", this doesnt mean anyone is "OK" with Females getting "Cat called" it does mean we require you to back up accusations of character if the other party is disputing it in a civil suit.
First of all we do have some alleged info from Marriott to what the employee complaint was said . Have you not seen those ?

And Irvin hasn’t specifically denied he said any of those accusations or cat calls, etc.

He and his lawyer in press conference yesterday said they deny sexual assault which I agree after watching video. But even Irvin couldn’t recall everything from their conversation which is likely where the potential inappropriate verbiage or cat call was used .

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
First of all we do have some alleged info from Marriott to what the employee complaint was said . Have you not seen those ?

And Irvin hasn’t specifically denied he said any of those accusations or cat calls, etc.

He and his lawyer in press conference yesterday said they deny sexual assault which I agree after watching video. But even Irvin couldn’t recall everything from their conversation which is likely where the potential inappropriate verbiage or cat call was used .
He said he did not do what they are saying he did, and yes we do have thier word on what was said but no hard proof other than that. They said they had video proof of a conversation but just like MI's side neither can prove what was said.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
No one made a sexual assault claim. Irivin's lawyer want people to think that so they can claim a win based on the video (that actually is more in step with what Marriott claimed happened).

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He said he did not do what they are saying he did, and yes we do have thier word on what was said but no hard proof other than that. They said they had video proof of a conversation but just like MI's side neither can prove what was said.
The video proves they had a conversation. And we have her complaint .

So, you don’t believe anyone from Marriott, only Irvin ?

You believe the employee completely fabricated and or provided a false statement . And you believe Irvin didn’t say any of the comments or cat calls provided . Even though initially he couldn’t even remember details of conversation. Ok . It’s a done deal for you . Lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No one made a sexual assault claim. Irivin's lawyer want people to think that so they can claim a win based on the video (that actually is more in step with what Marriott claimed happened).
Right. No sexual assault or criminal wrong doing. That’s a relief for Irvin.

But the video only supports they had an exchange . And since Irvin could t recall the details of verbal exchange I’m more apt to lean towards her complaint.

Which is nothing more than inappropriate sexual innuendos or cat calls as some of his supporters have claimed . But is it worthy of being removed from hotel. Maybe, maybe not. Judgement call.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The video proves they had a conversation. And we have her complaint .

So, you don’t believe anyone from Marriott, only Irvin ?

You believe the employee completely fabricated and or provided a false statement . And you believe Irvin didn’t say any of the comments or cat calls provided . Even though initially he couldn’t even remember details of conversation. Ok . It’s a done deal for you . Lol
But thats my point in your world facts dont matter, again I'm not saying MI did nothing and everyone should go away. I'm saying your opinion is based off of knowing one sides history and not the other, I didnt say your wrong, I'm saying that thats not how our system works and rightly so, Wether it was thier intention or not they did accuse him of misconduct towards an employee and DID get his employer involved which has now forced him to defend his character...in our system once it goes to this level you must then prove your case, MI is trying to prove that he did not say these things which have affected his job and home life while the Marriott is trying to prove he did. You have no evidence to show what was said other than your opinion of who MI is and I will always say I hope our system NEVER goes to that as a way to judge a case.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
First, you spoke on a "public forum," inviting people to read and respond to your comments. Why get "huffy" when someone does? :huh:

Second, how did I speak to you like that? I said nothing to impugn your character. I'm addressing your comments, specifically about how anything a man says can be construed as hitting on a woman. I disagreed and stated why. I thought that was allowed on this forum.

Third, your martial faithfulness is not at issue, so I'm not even going to address that.

Fourth, I've coached, umpired, taught (elementary, high school, college), and ministered to children and single-parents in one capacity or another for nearly 40 years. I've had people lie on me (rarely, but it has happened), get angry with me, criticize me, etc. just like you. But ... what does that have to do with a woman misconstruing inappropriate comments I or you might have made?

That is the issue here! So, let me ask you, has a woman EVER misconstrued you inappropriately hitting on her, or more to the point, accused you of sexually harassing her (because that is what this thread is about and what your initial comment, to which I responded, addressed)?

I HAVE NOT because I don't say anything to women that can be misconstrued as sexually harassing. I'm not saying that someone CAN'T, but it hasn't happened yet.
All men don't talk suggestively to women unwantedly. And when I counsel women students, I keep my office door open to avoid anyone trying to misconstrue situations to their advantage.
I took your last sentence personally:
We're living in different times. Get used to the differences or get accused. My apologies on that.
I think what happens often in these cases is why try to compare OUR LIVES, our personal situations with celebrities or athletes and then say what we would or wouldnt do. I would like to think I would be able to never fall for temptation with other woman, and I never have, and likely never will. But for us to sit and say how we would deal with the life Tiger Woods lives is foolish. Tiger Woods had playboy model type woman throwing themselves at him every weekend at Golf tourneys. Like Cowherd said, or something like this... you dont have woman throwing themselves at you, so dont say what you would do. I havent lived a life where I could just walk up to hot woman and say hey, I am MIchael Irvin and next thing you know hot woman is in my hotel room with me. My guess is you get used to that.... so while I have never had a woman accuse me of saying anything inappropriate, Ive aso not had woman throwing themselves at me on a weekly basis..... im lucky like that...lol

I am like you, I try to never be alone with any woman in my work area and if it must be, I try to always keep the door open.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
But thats my point in your world facts dont matter, again I'm not saying MI did nothing and everyone should go away. I'm saying your opinion is based off of knowing one sides history and not the other, I didnt say your wrong, I'm saying that thats not how our system works and rightly so, Wether it was thier intention or not they did accuse him of misconduct towards an employee and DID get his employer involved which has now forced him to defend his character...in our system once it goes to this level you must then prove your case, MI is trying to prove that he did not say these things which have affected his job and home life while the Marriott is trying to prove he did. You have no evidence to show what was said other than your opinion of who MI is and I will always say I hope our system NEVER goes to that as a way to judge a case.
I totally understand what he’s trying to prove . And he deserves his day in court.

I’m not sure why you’d be more apt to believe Irvin with his history over this employee with no known history?

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Yes I have been trapped in conversations when I met somebody in a parking lot at the food store but when you are at work you have the perfect alibi to get away at any time especially when your manager is clapping their hands and trying to get your attention all you have to say is I have to get back to work by manager needs me very simple
Exactly.

If she was offended in any way she could have simply turned her back on Irvin and walk away at any time.

She didn’t do that.

She kept engaging with Irvin for a minute and half.

The only person who appears upset on the video based on body language is the manager wearing the vest, possibly because he didn’t want his employee having fun talking to Irvin. That man is going to have to answer some tough questions under oath.

aikemirv

Reaction score

But the video only supports they had an exchange . And since Irvin could t recall the details of verbal exchange I’m more apt to lean towards her complaint.

Which is nothing more than inappropriate sexual innuendos or cat calls as some of his supporters have claimed . But is it worthy of being removed from hotel. Maybe, maybe not. Judgement call.
That's a fair assessment of the situation. I don't think the question is whether he should be removed from the hotel. I think the question is should you be removed from your job based on an accusation with no proof.

MarcusRock

Reaction score

But if the hotel had a "No Shirts, No Shoes, No Talking About Your Junk, No Service" sign then they are in the clear. Lol.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I totally understand what he’s trying to prove . And he deserves his day in court.

I’m not sure why you’d be more apt to believe Irvin with his history over this employee with no known history?
I didnt say i believe anyone, i said and still say the way Marriott has conducted this case from day 1 has been sus and to me that video showed 2 peopl having a conversation not a man drukenly slandering a woman while she desperatly tries to get away because she is distraught. What if it comes out the Female employee started the conversation with "Arent you a big boy" then MI did actually say things but the angry manager is the female's "boyfriend" and now there needs to be a problem with the conversation his grilfriend had with MI...makes MI a bad husband but you can not say with proof that didnt happen.. right?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Lol @ "I didn't even see your options but I know the answer." Below is what I posted. You need to blow your video up to full screen. Her head is looking solely in the direction she's going as she disappears behind the pillar, not at Irvin. She stops because most likely Mike called to her. I just disqualified the witness that claims she said "Hey Michael Irvin" when BOTH parties, including Irvin himself says she didn't know who he was so Mike said to check out the shows he does. BOTH parties say this. The spin job you're doing since yesterday is legendary. Only the pro/against side for whom the video looks worse needs to do this, especially you in particular who is avoiding your own words that if Mike slapped himself on video, he was cooked. You said this and now you avoid it. Why?
Here is the image:

ugh... it didnt upload correctly.. Ill try later

She CLEARLY has her head slightly turned to the right. Irvin is turned harder to the right towards the guy he is walking back into the hotel with. That is not open for debate. You say she was looking the other way.... nope.

As far as the slaps... I did think as described by Marriott that would be a tough one, but after the video... nah. I was in a bar last week. Sitting with a friend and the bartender has on a very revealing outfit and I turned to him where only he could hear and was like damn... that is distracting. Guys say stuff to each other.... no telling what exactly what was said.... but it is not as described by Marriott. Again, I await hearing the guy Mike was talking to when those slaps occurred as well as the manager. That will clear up a lot IMO.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A couple general questions that are specific to a couple of the points you have leaned on HARD throughout this as well as the post I quoted this morning. You may have missed it in all the hubbub, I understand that... but... you have a history over the years of ducking some legitimate counter arguments on other non-football related topics.

And you know how it goes... history means everything! lol
And those questions are?

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I agree that Irvin's history shouldn't be considered and that this should be taken as an independent, isolated situation. I don't know what happened when Marriott investigated whether they looked up his history or not. I do think it'll come up in court, which again I think is unfortunate, but that's where it'll go in that arena. It's not part of my analysis but the law world can be slimy where exoneration can be buried and clear non-guilt can be alleged to leave in the hands of a jury. Imperfect system.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Exactly.

If she was offended in any way she could have simply turned her back on Irvin and walk away at any time.

She didn’t do that.

She kept engaging with Irvin for a minute and half.

The only person who appears upset on the video based on body language is the manager wearing the vest, possibly because he didn’t want his employee having fun talking to Irvin. That man is going to have to answer some tough questions under oath.
Mike was against the wall and she was out in the aisle and could have turned and gone anywhere but she chose to stay if anyone was making any kind of lewd inappropriate comments she was certainly not cornered by any stretch the imagination and could have turned walked away and been polite and said that she had to get back to her job she chose to engage in the conversation to the dismay of her boss..

And I agree he is going to have quite a few questions to answer because his actions speak pretty loud

gtb1943

Reaction score
Now it really is beginning to look like the hotel manager massively over reacted; and Marriott decided to go woke/etc and act all holier than thou

and there is no evidence at all beyond supposed statements that have NOT been released.

The fact that marriott delayed and even basically was saying screw you to the judge is a HUGE factor that the irvin haters keep trying to ignore

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I took your last sentence personally:
We're living in different times. Get used to the differences or get accused. My apologies on that.
I think what happens often in these cases is why try to compare OUR LIVES, our personal situations with celebrities or athletes and then say what we would or wouldnt do. I would like to think I would be able to never fall for temptation with other woman, and I never have, and likely never will. But for us to sit and say how we would deal with the life Tiger Woods lives is foolish. Tiger Woods had playboy model type woman throwing themselves at him every weekend at Golf tourneys. Like Cowherd said, or something like this... you dont have woman throwing themselves at you, so dont say what you would do. I havent lived a life where I could just walk up to hot woman and say hey, I am MIchael Irvin and next thing you know hot woman is in my hotel room with me. My guess is you get used to that.... so while I have never had a woman accuse me of saying anything inappropriate, Ive aso not had woman throwing themselves at me on a weekly basis..... im lucky like that...lol

I am like you, I try to never be alone with any woman in my work area and if it must be, I try to always keep the door open.
Fair enough. Thank you for explaining.
And, I agree. Although I've never sexually harassed women or never had women throwing themselves at me ONLY wanting sex (LOL!) like Irvin has, my feet are but clay too. And you never know what will happen in a moment of weakness.
Peace, brother. :)