Irvin Press Conference Live - 3/14/2023

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I posted the time stamps. Its 10 SECONDS. I have far more training in this stuff than they do I promise you that. But let's talk common sense. First. How are you going to even know something is wrong when the two people haven't even engaged yet. The gray shirt walked out just behind her. Is he some kind of AI with predictive analysis?

Next, he was next to them for the first 10 seconds of the convo. Again nothing crazy happened at this point. He moves away to a point he is far away. Can't see and can't hear. If he was going to get statements how could he? He couldn't hear anything.

Breaking line of sight, if I am doing surveillance I can't break line of sight because the person I am watching might act once LOS is broken. Common sense.

By the time grey shirt and black shirt come bcak its at the end of the convo, which you can see concluding. She gestures to them as if to say I think they want a picture which Mike ends up doing with the guy.
I'm talking total time between the 2 passes he made at the beginning of the conversation. The second pass was almost 20 seconds. At one point, he pauses only a few feet behind the woman. Didn't know what they were talking about? Uh, yeah I think he did and made his assessments from there.

If he did a pass to hear what was going on, he knew nothing was near about to go down. Again, Mike had no weapon and was clearly hitting on her. If you want to use common sense, security is stationed at a bar to protect whom mostly? Hotel staff. This is what they do. Since it's at a bar, you think it's their first rodeo with a patron talking to staff? Heck, maybe security is there because they know it happens often with this particular woman versus other employees when she works. I'm sure they know they don't need to hang right there so long as they pay attention from afar. Again, you saw that after the last few touches, they definitely moved in. So yeah, she's confident because she knows they're around monitoring and clearly saw the gray shirt guy hovering and knew who he was and used the black shirt guy to pass Irvin off to get out of there.

ClintDagger

Reaction score
Exactly brother The manager or the security guard could have gone to her aid if she was being treated with vulgar language or in an improper manner.
I suspect that this is why Marriott was trying to keep this video out of public view. You have two employees (a manager & a security guard) whose job it is to protect employees from something like a harassing conversation and after being a few steps away and within earshot of what was being said they don’t elect to intervene and rather decide to walk 50 feet away and watch from afar. That certainly doesn’t show concern for their fellow employee. Regardless of what was or wasn’t said in that conversation that looks bad on Marriott’s part.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I suspect that this is why Marriott was trying to keep this video out of public view. You have two employees (a manager & a security guard) whose job it is to protect employees from something like a harassing conversation and after being a few steps away and within earshot of what was being said they don’t elect to intervene and rather decide to walk 50 feet away and watch from afar. That certainly doesn’t show concern for their fellow employee. Regardless of what was or wasn’t said in that conversation that looks bad on Marriott’s part.
Yes almost like nothing was going on that should warrant their attention.

Jipper

Reaction score
People here making excuses for the lascivious train wreck called Irvin should be ashamed. Hasn't Irvin done enough in the realm of scissors, hos and drugs? Still, his supporters put him on a pedestal. Sickening, blokes, just sickening.
Meh...i honestly see most people here asking for facts more than anything

If he did something worthy of the reasonse then it just needs to be clear. If not then it needs to not be magnified

Just the facts marriot

Jipper

Reaction score
I just watched the video very closely...there is zero there, and I didn't see the part where Mike was slapping himself as she claimed.

Facts are facts are facts and the video shows zero...I am so disappointed in Marriott

sacase

Reaction score
I'm talking total time between the 2 passes he made at the beginning of the conversation. The second pass was almost 20 seconds. At one point, he pauses only a few feet behind the woman. Didn't know what they were talking about? Uh, yeah I think he did and made his assessments from there.

If he did a pass to hear what was going on, he knew nothing was near about to go down. Again, Mike had no weapon and was clearly hitting on her. If you want to use common sense, security is stationed at a bar to protect whom mostly? Hotel staff. This is what they do. Since it's at a bar, you think it's their first rodeo with a patron talking to staff? Heck, maybe security is there because they know it happens often with this particular woman versus other employees when she works. I'm sure they know they don't need to hang right there so long as they pay attention from afar. Again, you saw that after the last few touches, they definitely moved in. So yeah, she's confident because she knows they're around monitoring and clearly saw the gray shirt guy hovering and knew who he was and used the black shirt guy to pass Irvin off to get out of there.
LOL You live in a serious fantasy world. Pass him off to get Irvin out of there? You think she warrents extra security? Her? That hotel is not a motel 6 with a dive bar, it is a $290/night hotel. LOL So if you think that he could know something was wrong based off his spidey sense, then the guys that Irvin talked to definitly heard what was going on they were just as close. If he heard something that was outragous on the 2nd pass, he would not have left, he would have stayed there. But no he left and walked to the back of the bar. Why? Because he didn't hear anything.

sacase

Reaction score
I just watched the video very closely...there is zero there, and I didn't see the part where Mike was slapping himself as she claimed.

Facts are facts are facts and the video shows zero...I am so disappointed in Marriott
He slapped himself, in fact, I think he did it three more times when he was walking to take the picture with the guy at the end.

sandbridge77

Reaction score
Anyone asked themselves, why would a grown man slap himself in the face 3 times? Is this something guys do regularly?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It happened at the video's 37:28 mark. Do not blink.

UQhdWXU.gif

MarcusRock

Reaction score

Huh? He slaps himself at 37:27 of the replay. Did you read Marriott's account of the situation? The video almost completely goes how they say it goes physically. It also shows that the TMZ witnesses couldn't see what they say they saw. The audio is key because that's what the claim is wrapped up in but here's the link their claim (Page 3 of the PDF) and below is the video with the timestamp I gave you to the slaps.

https://www.fox4news.com/news/michael-irvin-super-bowl-misconduct-allegation

MarcusRock

Reaction score
LOL You live in a serious fantasy world. Pass him off to get Irvin out of there? You think she warrents extra security? Her? That hotel is not a motel 6 with a dive bar, it is a $290/night hotel. LOL So if you think that he could know something was wrong based off his spidey sense, then the guys that Irvin talked to definitly heard what was going on they were just as close. If he heard something that was outragous on the 2nd pass, he would not have left, he would have stayed there. But no he left and walked to the back of the bar. Why? Because he didn't hear anything.
I explained the reasoning but you keep at the straight line thinking that they must intervene right away if they hear something off-color. This is a bar. I'm sure they've heard off-color things before from patrons who think they can get lucky with staff. You assess for physical threat early and if it doesn't appear that's what's going to happen you let it play out unless it lingers. Logic. It isn't fantasy to know they were clearly monitoring them the whole time, otherwise the guy in the gray shirt wouldn't be hovering for a total of 30 seconds at the start. When it got more touchy the guy in the black shirt ended it. Because at that point, it did linger.

Again, we don't know their procedures to know if they train for this very thing WITH the employees. The woman knew the gray shirt guy was security so she knows he'd be there in a split second should things get out of hand and she could easily make that known which could have included that no-no gesture combined with what she said at those points (training could include code words). It ended about 12 seconds after the last gesture with both security guys in the same area. I know you want to see a jovial time but there was clear discomfort at times combined with the woman pulling back, moving her hands back and gesturing for no touching, IMO because they each happened after he touched her, her stepping back, and pulling her hands and arms out of his reach the second time which Irvin's lawyer described as a "glancing" touch but was clearly intentional and she knew it. So she defended against it. So there's fantasy alright, but it's the grand ol' time theory that's fantasy. When she got an opportunity to transition, she got out of there.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Huh? He slaps himself at 37:27 of the replay.... below is the video with the timestamp I gave you to the slaps.
For future reference after pausing a YouTube video, select the Share button, click the Start at checkbox and select the Copy button. The copied YouTube link will begin at the desired video mark.

gbKIGI2.jpg

khiladi

Reaction score
Then it should have happened right then and there there was a security guard circling if she was disrespected or there was inappropriate behavior the security guard was no more than a few steps away at any time she could have voiced what happened and said she wanted him removed but she shook hands and left as though nothing happened then became offended later.

If whatever he said was that bad why didn't you handle it in the moment.
Because maybe it didn’t reach a level where it could have gotten confrontational and they didn’t want to create a scene in public, they wanted to de-escalate with the interest of both parties in mind and they also wanted to move Irvin in silence? Maybe security was keeping an eye on the situation and waiting to step in if it reached a point they had to step in.. Again, it doesn’t matter what “you feel” should have happened. Hotels have their own policies and trained ways to handle these situations. What they did determine is that Irvin’s behavior caused them to be particularly cautious for their employer during the time Irvin would have been there, based on how he was acting, so they acted PRE-EMPTIVELY based on how Irvin acted AT THAT MOMENT. I’ve seen multiple videos on sexual harassment and de-escalation happens in certain ways.

The hotel reserves every right to make a judgment call and they notified Mike’s employer that they were worried about their employer and Mike’s employer after investigating responded accordingly,

This lawsuit isn’t going anywhere. Further, it’s embarrassing how Mike and his lawyer are acting, especially since Mike flat out admitted on air he was drunk and didn’t even known he talked to anybody and the cows back and him and his lawyer are trying to create this narrative of conspiracy.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That’s my whole point. You’re basing your judgement on nothing. No facts. And all the circumstantial evidence points to his innocence. Who knows if he said what he supposedly said. But if he did, it’s nothing for him to get fired over IMO.
There are facts but there is more unknown about not only Irvin and the woman's interaction but that of the NFL/NFLN and Irvin.

All of the circumstantial evidence does not point to his innocence, it's all about interpretation and the difference between myself and some others is I admit I don't like him and want him gone.

Does that affect my thinking and interpretation in this? Of course it does but not any more than the Irvin fans that love his biased presentation on the NFLN and conveniently excusing or forgetting his past.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
A lawyer on YouTube has been doing a great job discussing this case. In his latest update he looks at the video of the incident and points out all the inconsistencies in Marriott‘s statements which don’t line up with what we see on the video.

He goes on to ask his viewers to comment what their opinion is after watching the video themselves. The support for Irvin is overwhelming, which it should be since the video clearly shows two people enjoying their conversation.

I‘m confident a jury will feel the same way, and in a civil case it only takes a majority of the jury to decide the outcome.

Marriott and the accuser better get their checkbooks ready because they are going to end up paying Michael big money for damaging his reputation and career.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Click here for an understanding of sexual harassment

Click here for an understanding of sexual assault

Marriott claims Michael Irvin sexually harassed its employee.

Irvin has a legal right to defend himself. However, it is either an accidental or purposeful self-motivation for Irvin, his legal counsel, or anyone else on Earth to falsely claim Marriott said a sexual assault occurred.
It’s sad you have to post this. We’ve got the dumbest fanbase in sports.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

She didn't claim that, she was gone and posing for his leering project.

The security guard walking up to him said he did that after saying he'd like to hit that and said "Mike, get it together". That actually bears out what the guard said but doesn't do much more than that.

One of the things that should come out if this goes to trial and how much he had to drink and was he visibly intoxicated during the period of time this video took place.

If this goes to trial, the interpretation of that video, not by either lawyer but those deciding this case, will be crucial as well as any evidence no one has seen yet about exactly what happened before Irvin encountered her.

Irvin's own "had a few drinks, to tell you the truth" could come back to haunt him if they can establish he actually had too many drinks. That slapping himself three times, does that lean to having too much to drink?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
There are facts but there is more unknown about not only Irvin and the woman's interaction but that of the NFL/NFLN and Irvin.

All of the circumstantial evidence does not point to his innocence, it's all about interpretation and the difference between myself and some others is I admit I don't like him and want him gone.

Does that affect my thinking and interpretation in this? Of course it does but not any more than the Irvin fans that love his biased presentation on the NFLN and conveniently excusing or forgetting his past.
What are the facts then?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A lawyer on YouTube has been doing a great job discussing this case. In his latest update he looks at the video of the incident and points out all the inconsistencies in Marriott‘s statements which don’t line up with what we see on the video.

He goes on to ask his viewers to comment what their opinion is after watching the video themselves. The support for Irvin is overwhelming, which it should be since the video clearly shows two people enjoying their conversation.

I‘m confident a jury will feel the same way, and in a civil case it only takes a majority of the jury to decide the outcome.

Marriott and the accuser better get their checkbooks ready because they are going to end up paying Michael big money for damaging his reputation and career.

Betchya if you look hard enough, you can find another ambulance chaser that disagrees with that lawyer.

Your defense should never start with "a lawyer on YouTube".