Irving: Call me when NFL changes weed policy

HungryLion

Reaction score
It’s a shame Irving is willing to throw away his playing career for marijuana. He also has an overly inflated ego about his play.

All that being said, he has a valid point about the hypocrisy when it comes to marijuana being banned while team doctors hand out pain killers and anti anxiety meds like tic tacs.

It’s a shame he can’t find a more eloquent and effective way of making that point though.

gambit187

Reaction score
No, no one gets your point because those people weren’t fighting to become DRUG ADDICTS
Smoking weed on a daily basis doesn't make you a drug addict. I smoke 4-5 blunts A DAY, I'm been smoking since 30, I'm 48 and still look in my late 20's and according to my last physical my body condition is early 30's. I have 6 grown kids all working and some in the military(3 Biological and 3 stepsons I raised with no help from their fathers). I have been in Corporate America since 1996 and have and still work for some of the biggest Defense Contractors. I make $75k a year and own over 20 adult sites and make a nice amount of change for the adult online industry. I go to bed at 11 get up at 5 am do yoga and work out. I get home at 5-6pm smoke and relax and get on my computers to run my side business...If I am a drug addict than I am doing a lot better than the majority of the sober people in America, THAT IS ALL

glimmerman

Reaction score
Guess what Irving.. Yes the staff smokes it, and so does a lot of your team mates. And so does a large percentage of the other players and staff of the NFL teams and corporate NFL. As a matter a fact goodell himself may smoke it. But guess what..

It’s simple the NFL has a drug policy where every player and likely staff member is randomly tested once a year for street drugs. So random that they tell you when they are gonna do it.. Lol. During TC, something like between May to August. Once you take your one time a year test and pass it then you can smoke all you want until same time next year. As long as you don’t blast on social media that your smoking or post a picture of you smoking.

They even give you a chance if you fail the first time. You get put in there drug program for a month and tested again. If you pass then your in the clear till next year. Fail again and it’s 3 months and if you pass then your in the clear. They give you many chances before your suspended indefinately. But now you and Gregory will be tested forever as many times as they want year around while your playing in the NFL.

They even raised the amount they have to find in the specimen before it comes back positive.

All you had to do was quit smoking for a couple months tops per year.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well ummmm some people kneeled and gave up some money and career to bring light to an issue in this county about injustice and deaths from bullets for selling cd's and loose cigarettes. Some people in our history sacrificed their heavyweight championship belts to take a stand...Get my point....naw u don't and probably never will....
Yeah, that compares to smoking weed.

John813

Reaction score
I think Jerry would of been more vocal about support for Irving if David actually cared about football.
Dude was awol during TC and post injury. I get the child support issue, but you simply can't drop out of any work responsibilities cause of that.

This just seems like a last ditch attention grab until he fades away forever.

gambit187

Reaction score
Yeah, that compares to smoking weed.
It's HIS right to take a stance and say what is put in HIS BODY for HIS HEALTH and HIS FUTURE. I wonder how many of you are gonna feel sorry for athletes that develop problems on later down the road from all the so called LEGAL DRUGS that are given out....Them Xannys go for a lot in the hood

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree with Irving about the archaic stance the NFL takes against marijuana. But he really needs to stop talking about it.
Whether you agree with rules or not is irrelevant. They are the rules. PERIOD. Follow them or get lost. I don't like the fact my employer only allows me 30 minute lunch but I abide by the rule. It's a simple concept.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Smoking weed on a daily basis doesn't make you a drug addict. I smoke 4-5 blunts A DAY, I'm been smoking since 30, I'm 48 and still look in my late 20's and according to my last physical my body condition is early 30's. I have 6 grown kids all working and some in the military(3 Biological and 3 stepsons I raised with no help from their fathers). I have been in Corporate America since 1996 and have and still work for some of the biggest Defense Contractors. I make $75k a year and own over 20 adult sites and make a nice amount of change for the adult online industry. I go to bed at 11 get up at 5 am do yoga and work out. I get home at 5-6pm smoke and relax and get on my computers to run my side business...If I am a drug addict than I am doing a lot better than the majority of the sober people in America, THAT IS ALL

Marijuana is a poison. That is how it works, that is how you get high. Like Nicotine, like Alcohol, like the secretions or colorful frogs in the Amazon rainforest, it dampens many function of your nervous system. That is what defines it as a drug. In the state of Texas it is outlawed. These things are indisputable.

David Irving chose Marijuana over football. There are two interpretations of why that is: either A) he does not have a proper commitment to football that is required of an nfl player, which doesn’t seem to be the case, as he’s said he’ll commit if weed is legal... or B) he cannot stop.

If you cannot stop something that is illegal, despite losing great things in your life, that is the very definition of an addiction. It is a drug, he is addicted.

Would you stop weed if you lost your job? And couldn’t get anything remotely equal paying? If you could no longer support your kids? What do you think Irving’s college degree is in? How do you think he’d do in corporate America? That’s whats happening here. It doesn’t matter how much you smoke, it doesn’t matter if you’re personally addicted or not. It doesn’t matter what condition your body is in, these aren’t related.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It's HIS right to take a stance and say what is put in HIS BODY for HIS HEALTH and HIS FUTURE. I wonder how many of you are gonna feel sorry for athletes that develop problems on later down the road from all the so called LEGAL DRUGS that are given out....Them Xannys go for a lot in the hood
Look, I smoked regularly from about 9th grade until I had to quit to get my CDL. I see both sides.....But his side is just idiotic.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Whether you agree with rules or not is irrelevant. They are the rules. PERIOD. Follow them or get lost. I don't like the fact my employer only allows me 30 minute lunch but I abide by the rule. It's a simple concept.
Dang... you're a hard man @Reality !

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...-off-on-NFL-weed-policy-suspension-129814277/

"Well once they do that, give me a call," he wrote. "[Because] it's bull**** how I have Xanax bars and hydros right next to me to take — given to me by the NFL, of course — however we can't smoke the same weed the staff itself smokes." ....

"I’m in the NFL because I’m great at what I do," he wrote in a recent IG post. "I’m not in the NFL because I’m an Eagle Scout, or the perfect model citizen. I didn’t put on a mask or kiss *** to be where I am. I'm here on natural ability.

"This is God’s plan. Not mine. Trust me, I’m adjusting to it as well. Once I step on the field and stop performing, then we have a problem.

"So does anyone have anything to say about my play?"

Weed was banned because it wasnt the right drug. You dont see all these players addicted to pain killers being suspended. And im sure those are far more then the ones smoking weed.

Irving just needs to shut up. His act got old and im glad he wont be with the Cowboys

gambit187

Reaction score
Who cares!!! The staff doesn't get tested. I drink beer, doesn't mean I condoned my players drinking when I was coaching. It wasn't against the law for me, but it was for them.
But I was always taught you LEAD BY EXAMPLE.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I agree with Irving, but that doesn't make him any less of a moron.

Imagine if the NBA had the same rules regarding controlled substances...they would have no star players.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I agree with Irving about the archaic stance the NFL takes against marijuana. But he really needs to stop talking about it.
do you feel the same way about most employers drug policies. Remember most employers its one and done.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
Marijuana is a poison. That is how it works, that is how you get high. Like Nicotine, like Alcohol, like the secretions or colorful frogs in the Amazon rainforest, it dampens many function of your nervous system. That is what defines it as a drug. In the state of Texas it is outlawed. These things are indisputable.

David Irving chose Marijuana over football. There are two interpretations of why that is: either A) he does not have a proper commitment to football that is required of an nfl player, which doesn’t seem to be the case, as he’s said he’ll commit if weed is legal... or B) he cannot stop.

If you cannot stop something that is illegal, despite losing great things in your life, that is the very definition of an addiction. It is a drug, he is addicted.

Would you stop weed if you lost your job? And couldn’t get anything remotely equal paying? If you could no longer support your kids? What do you think Irving’s college degree is in? How do you think he’d do in corporate America? That’s whats happening here. It doesn’t matter how much you smoke, it doesn’t matter if you’re personally addicted or not. It doesn’t matter what condition your body is in, these aren’t related.

Irvin's problems have nothing to do with weed. It is just a symptom

jrumann59

Reaction score

Lets not forget there are studies showing links to psychosis and suicide.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Priorities. Irving would rather get high than earn $ millions during the limited time he is capable of playing in the NFL. He will suffer the consequences of that choice. I feel bad for the teammates, coaches, and fans that invested time and energy on this guy.