Twitter: Irving expected to sign tender today

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

David Irving is expected to sign his restricted free agent tender today after the first workouts of the Cowboys' offseason program. Irving, who had seven sacks in eight games last season, will make $2.91 million. He is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent after the 2018 season.

garyv

Reaction score
If he has that stellar year will cost big bucks the following year so they need to get Lawrence signed to keep
that Tag for Irving unless he can get locked up too

Satchel89

Reaction score

David Irving is expected to sign his restricted free agent tender today after the first workouts of the Cowboys' offseason program. Irving, who had seven sacks in eight games last season, will make $2.91 million. He is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent after the 2018 season.

Wow, A thread that has nothing to do with Dez. :)

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I like Irving’s talent but it would be nice to see him play a full 16 game season for once before making him a bigger cap commitment next year. One of the cornerstones of good cap management is making sure a player is reliable; not injury prone or being suspended for PEDs. Irving must prove he is reliable before we commit long term. This is the year he must do that if he wants big money.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Great news....if healthy this rotation is going to surprise a lot of people.... if we add some talent at linebacker and find an answer to the safety solution this whole unit could be a big surprise....can't wait!! ☆Go Boys Go☆

rags747

Reaction score
And there were actually people here who swore that we should have tendered him with a 1st, we couldn't even get a nibble with a 2nd!

John813

Reaction score
Does a RFA have to sign the tender before accepting an offer sheet? Or is it since the Cowboys designated him with a 2nd, he has up to a certain date for his agent to shop around before signing said tender?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Does a RFA have to sign the tender before accepting an offer sheet? Or is it since the Cowboys designated him with a 2nd, he has up to a certain date for his agent to shop around before signing said tender?

I think once he signs his tender, he is off the market for other teams.

Dallas has until a specific date, but can't remember the deadline, just as with DLaw, they can negotiate a longer contract. But if past that deadline, they play under the 1 year tenders / franchise tag.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
This is good news. If he plays he will have a monster season. The FO played this one well. Very interesting to see what would happen if Irving plays 16 games and has a huge season. They will have some decision to make between he and Lawrence.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is good news. If he plays he will have a monster season. The FO played this one well. Very interesting to see what would happen if Irving plays 16 games and has a huge season. They will have some decision to make between he and Lawrence.

Well they do have Dez's and tony's money to sign them both.
Then in 2020 or so, we will get 250,541 threads on one of them that they are bums and need to go...you know, the usual whipping boy off season crap...:lmao2:

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score

Oh happy day!

robjay04

Reaction score

I guess the FO made the right call. I don’t even think he went for a visit.

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
Wow that’s crazy to me. Before he was tendered with a 2nd I would have bet money he’d be gone if Dallas put the 2nd on him.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
One of my favorite defensive players. He's going to have a double digit sack season.
I like that he's keenly aware that he needs to put together a full season of work in order to hit the FA jackpot.

It may not be easy keeping him after 2018, but if he can play 16 games and get 10-12 sacks, things should be good.