Twitter: Irving expected to sign tender today

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
I like that he's keenly aware that he needs to put together a full season of work in order to hit the FA jackpot.

It may not be easy keeping him after 2018, but if he can play 16 games and get 10-12 sacks, things should be good.

Yeah I definitely see 10 sacks for him.

cwbyfn88

Reaction score
Irving is a baller. A bit of a liability in the run game but can get to the qb both from the interior and exterior of the line. If he produces again hopefully we can keep him around.

conner01

Reaction score
I like Irving’s talent but it would be nice to see him play a full 16 game season for once before making him a bigger cap commitment next year. One of the cornerstones of good cap management is making sure a player is reliable; not injury prone or being suspended for PEDs. Irving must prove he is reliable before we commit long term. This is the year he must do that if he wants big money.
I agree
I think he ends up with franchise tag next year
They seem to have questions about him and that’s a safe option

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I agree
I think he ends up with franchise tag next year
They seem to have questions about him and that’s a safe option

I don't see that at all. They're not going to pay Irving $16,000,000 to play next year. They'll sign him to a contract before they'd ever consider that. Don't get me wrong. I like Irving and want to keep him, but I don't see any way they pay him $16,000,000 for a season. Just isn't going to happen.

conner01

Reaction score
I don't see that at all. They're not going to pay Irving $16,000,000 to play next year. They'll sign him to a contract before they'd ever consider that. Don't get me wrong. I like Irving and want to keep him, but I don't see any way they pay him $16,000,000 for a season. Just isn't going to happen.
You only have 3 options, sign him to a long term deal, franchise him or let him walk
I suspect that decision will greatly depend on what he does this year, and what the other issues may be
But if after the season you get 16 games but you still have questions about his issues that a safe option

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
You only have 3 options, sign him to a long term deal, franchise him or let him walk
I suspect that decision will greatly depend on what he does this year, and what the other issues may be
But if after the season you get 16 games but you still have questions about his issues that a safe option
Except there's no way we can afford to pay a guy $16,000,00 a year as a show-me deal. If they want to keep him, they'll work out a contract. Zero chance they franchise tag Irving.

conner01

Reaction score
Except there's no way we can afford to pay a guy $16,000,00 a year as a show-me deal. If they want to keep him, they'll work out a contract. Zero chance they franchise tag Irving.
We have plenty of money next year and you could only do that if you signed Dlaw but it’s an option

blueblood70

Reaction score
good Lawerence needs him, its different line when they are pushing sacks or dbl teams toward one another..look at the last 4 games when Irving when out, Tank all but disappeared with all the attention he got..now allwe need is Vea, Payne, or Hurst in the draft to really scare Olines..

PUSHfold

Reaction score
good Lawerence needs him, its different line when they are pushing sacks or dbl teams toward one another..look at the last 4 games when Irving when out, Tank all but disappeared with all the attention he got..now allwe need is Vea, Payne, or Hurst in the draft to really scare Olines..

Exactly...Tank NEEDS Irving...it completely changes how he produces. Or another player who brings attention and requires game planning. I want Vea or Landry but too bad we need a LB and LG.

Proof

Reaction score
This is good news. If he plays he will have a monster season. The FO played this one well. Very interesting to see what would happen if Irving plays 16 games and has a huge season. They will have some decision to make between he and Lawrence.

disagree. if he has a monster season then we have to break the bank for him or lose him. while he's been toiling away on his couple hundred k contract, openly complaining about how much it sucked would have been the perfect time to approach him with a reasonable deal that would have been a sizable raise for him