Irving possibly injured at practice

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Yeah man. Don't mean to derail this thread but it always bugged me how he left and the myriad of core injuries disappeared.
LOL -- Gotta admit, that kinda stirred my imagination as well -- one of those things that make you go h-m-m . . . :huh:

Verdict

Reaction score
Groin injury means he will lucky to make it to the opener.

Depends on how bad it is. Rest is about the only thing you can do to help those heal. They can be significant lingering injuries. Also, rushing a player back from one can cause it to be easily reinjured.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I mean it boggles my mind that people are actually arguing against the notion that having a lot of competition at DE would help the team. Because that's essentially what they are doing. They are claiming that what we have is fine and that a guy like Russell, who has shown little to nothing in terms of being a high quality DE, deserves a roster spot simply because he's a 2nd year player who deserves time to develop................

I don't get the reasoning either. You make every effort to improve your most questionable position. You have the opportunity to sign an 8-sack future Hall Of Famer and you say no for guys like Russell and Jack Crawford? To say nothing of the mistaken believe that you'd have to cut one of them anyway for Freeney. There are players all over this roster who should be sent packing if it comes to signing talent like Freeney.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
LOL.

So let me get this straight.

If the Cowboys brought in a veteran DE or two and they outplayed a guy like Russell, it would be bad GMing to pick one of them, despite being better, over Russell?

So essentially we shouldn't have looked to
improved the DE position because we need to protect and guarantee a roster spot on the 53 for Russell, who we aren't even sure is a good DE.
Russell is the Devin Street of Defensive Ends.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I don't get the reasoning either. You make every effort to improve your most questionable position. You have the opportunity to sign an 8-sack future Hall Of Famer and you say no for guys like Russell and Jack Crawford? To say nothing of the mistaken believe that you'd have to cut one of them anyway for Freeney. There are players all over this roster who should be sent packing if it comes to signing talent like Freeney.

There are folks that are infatuated with age. They automatically think younger is better.

jrumann59

Reaction score
And what game changing plays did it do, did Arizona go to a SB to contend?
That is why LAST was capitalized. He is an aging vet he may have tread left on the tires in the sense that bologna skin tires still have tread since the belt is not showing. I am against a guy that is situational in the sense you have to be almost 100% certain it will be a pass for him to be even on the field.