Irving should be cut today

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
From what I understand he was out of shape during OTAs and mini camp. He was excused from training camp due to personal reasons which is speculated to deal with custody of his daughter

Who is the one speculating about the daughter thing? And do you think since he was out of shape for OTA's that he is all of a sudden in great shape now?

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Ok, well he just called in because he was out of shape and wont be showing up to TC. Thats worse then showing up out of shape. And that definitely qualifies as a bad attitude.

If that is the case then I might consider cutting him. We don’t know everything the team knows. If there are other reasons and he will be there in a few days, I’d keep with my plan. If I know right now he is out of shape, did nothing to prepare during the offseason, and I have no idea when he will show up, then yes I’d cut him.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Who is the one speculating about the daughter thing? And do you think since he was out of shape for OTA's that he is all of a sudden in great shape now?
I never said he was in great shape now. A little research on the topic would go a long way......or you could just keep speculating whatever you want

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
LOL...........these are the type of hollow fans that keep the Cowboys the #1 most valuable franchise in sports and the laughing stock of the NFL.

"Irving got suspended yippppeee!!!! Its a positive!!!"
Critiquing fans is not your function here. You do a good job of critiquing the team... stick with that. :)

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Real coaches have control over the roster. I would agree that Garrett has none.

No. Some coaches can negotiate for roster control. That's not possible with many teams.

If you are Bill Belichek or Jon Gruden, you can get that. Few other coaches can.

Pay attention to the league and you'll post fewer incorrect statements

Doomsday101

Reaction score
If it were my call to make then yes I would cut him. He missed time last season with a suspension and now again this season. Add to it misses all OTA, comes into mini camp out of shape and now appears he is not reporting to training camp. I get it if football is not high on the priority list so why should he be a priority to a football team? Myself I want guys who are all in and Irving despite the talent is not one of those guys.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No. Some coaches can negotiate for roster control. That's not possible with many teams.

If you are Bill Belichek or Jon Gruden, you can get that. Few other coaches can.

Pay attention to the league and you'll post fewer incorrect statements

How about I just put another angry guy on ignore. Poof!!!

Sydla

Reaction score
Garrett has more influence on the roster than people want to admit. Further, it's clear the front office is not married to Irving long term, as evidenced by the 2nd round tender they put on him. They were hoping someone would come along and offer him a deal.

So if Garrett wanted Irving gone, I doubt the front office would stand in his way.

The problem is Garrett is no dope. He understands the questions they have along the DL just like we all do. They likely have to ride with Irving for a bit longer, hoping that others raise their game and make him eventually expendable or worse........ try to rehabilitate him because they need his talent along the DL.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Garrett has more influence on the roster than people want to admit. Further, it's clear the front office is not married to Irving long term, as evidenced by the 2nd round tender they put on him. They were hoping someone would come along and offer him a deal.

So if Garrett wanted Irving gone, I doubt the front office would stand in his way.

The problem is Garrett is no dope. He understands the questions they have along the DL just like we all do. They likely have to ride with Irving for a bit longer, hoping that others raise their game and make him eventually expendable or worse........ try to rehabilitate him because they need his talent along the DL.

I don't disagree with this.

But this who "let's make every thread about Garrett" nonsense has to stop

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In retrospect, these threads suggesting we should cut immediately players who have an approved absence from training camp while getting help for a legitimate problem look kinda like somebody is shooting from the hip and missing badly, don't they?

Funny how that works.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Don't know why everybody is getting so upset? It's what we've come to expect from him.