Irvin's suspended 4 games but Odell escapes

JustChip

Reaction score
Because it is my opinion that Gregory won't make it, any player is better than one that is suspended for the season, or worse, for life.

In other words, the risk of Gregory getting suspended again isn't worth keeping a guy with his history and having missed so much time.

Just don't trust him....

Fair enough.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Well, did Zeke actually commit a crime? No charges were filed and the NFL's investigator, a woman by the way, said the woman wasn't credible. An actual verifiable crime is not necessary for King Goodell, just conduct detrimental to the league. I don't think what OBJ did was suspension worthy, but it certainly falls under conduct detrimental to the league based on the nebulous definition of such.
This isn't about Zeke, and I agree he got hosed because the NFL was trying to make a statement. The NFL doesn't care as much about "prostitutes" and "blow". Neither of which were proven anyway. The NFL at least had something they can trumpet around as "proof" that Zeke did something, as flimsy as it was. Any halfway decent lawyer could see the NFL doesn't have a case against Odell Beckham. I would love to be wrong, not because I think he SHOULD be suspended, but as a fan it hurts our rival.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
pretty sure its a crime to be in your hotel room with a prostitute and blow on your bed. For it to not even investigated is a sham. Questionable?lmao....what about illegal!!!
In what Country???.....OBJ was in France and Spain at the time..... and how do we know it wasn't Ritalin or a Black and Mild or in a legalized area

A 3 second Vine is not evidence

Rayman70

Reaction score
In what Country???.....OBJ was in France and Spain at the time..... and how do we know it wasn't Ritalin or a Black and Mild or in a legalized area

:facepalm:if ONLY our players received the benefit of the doubt. This reluctance to at least look into the matter with OBJ is total bs.

Rayman70

Reaction score

I thought GODdell was all about 'protecting the ingetrity of the shield?" So if your in another country it don't matter? GOT IT..thanks. So as long as the illegal activity happens out of the states its all good...OK. That's a great message for the players.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Integrity matters not if ones crimes or sketchy dealings happen out of the country. Double standards galore.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I thought GODdell was all about 'protecting the ingetrity of the shield?" So if your in another country it don't matter? GOT IT..thanks. So as long as the illegal activity happens out of the states its all good...OK. That's a great message for the players.
Methinks he doth protest too much

Get over it

phildadon86

Reaction score
It was Dak on video in a strip club smoking a blunt

It was Dak on a party boat with bunch of strippers..... they weren't wearing jeans and Timbs like the Giants but it sure looked like major partying was going on

No one around made a peep about Dak and Goodell so to bring up OBJ is hypocritical
It was Dak smoking a cheap cigar, with a plastic tip on it. OBJ had cocaine on a pizza box. That right there is a crime. Cocaine is illegal is it not?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
It was Dak smoking a cheap cigar, with a plastic tip on it. OBJ had cocaine on a pizza box. That right there is a crime. Cocaine is illegal is it not?
He wasn't seen doing it or holding it....and is it illegal in France and Spain.....I don't even know

Make excuses for Dak and Zeke and make assumptions for everyone else

phildadon86

Reaction score
He wasn't seen doing it or holding it....and is it illegal in France and Spain.....I don't even know

Make excuses for Dak and Zeke and make assumptions for everyone else
Its not an excuse when no one smokes a blunt with a plastic tip on the end. Its fact. I didnt even bring Zeke up. lol. I think cocaine is illegal everywhere. Even amsterdam

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Its not an excuse when no one smokes a blunt with a plastic tip on the end. Its fact. I didnt even bring Zeke up. lol. I think cocaine is illegal everywhere. Even amsterdam
Good thing he wasn't seen using or holding then

What about the Hooker boat with Dak?

phildadon86

Reaction score
Good thing he wasn't seen using or holding then

What about the Hooker boat with Dak?
Again, being on a boat around women isnt exactly a crime. Comparing a boat where Dak is there to a hotel room with obvious drugs is a lot different. I also hate OBJ. So maybe my view is a little skewed.

Pokes12

Reaction score
different year SAME story. When we going to cut this moron? Goodell lets OBJ off the hook with actual video of coke and hookers..yet Irving gets suspended. lol...Yes irving is not smart apparently...but Goodell yet again has shown how trigger happy he is towards Dallas.
You do not understand, Redball has a list of RKGs and David and TWill and Randy are all on the list.

Leedscowboy

Reaction score
Because it is my opinion that Gregory won't make it, any player is better than one that is suspended for the season, or worse, for life.

In other words, the risk of Gregory getting suspended again isn't worth keeping a guy with his history and having missed so much time.

Just don't trust him....

I guess you missed the info, that as part of his appeal, he sent a 2000 page document to Goodell, with a lot of answers to questions, which includes that he has had a passed a daily drugs test for the past 6 months and has had councelling.

Leedscowboy

Reaction score
different year SAME story. When we going to cut this moron? Goodell lets OBJ off the hook with actual video of coke and hookers..yet Irving gets suspended. lol...Yes irving is not smart apparently...but Goodell yet again has shown how trigger happy he is towards Dallas.

He is on a tag getting $2m per year, if he produces similar numbers as last year, you're getting 8+ sacks for that $2m, also his big pay day he was hoping to sign for comes down, he was rumoured to be looking for $12m per year, you can bet that will be down to less than 50%.

Rayman70

Reaction score
He is on a tag getting $2m per year, if he produces similar numbers as last year, you're getting 8+ sacks for that $2m, also his big pay day he was hoping to sign for comes down, he was rumoured to be looking for $12m per year, you can bet that will be down to less than 50%.
SO WE ARE PAYING 2 MIL PER FOR A "PART TIME" PLAYER. Got it. Makes tons of sense.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I guess you missed the info, that as part of his appeal, he sent a 2000 page document to Goodell, with a lot of answers to questions, which includes that he has had a passed a daily drugs test for the past 6 months and has had councelling.

So that means he's cured? It's one thing to sit at home, with no pressure of games, practices, etc. and be clean, but once he's in games, etc. there's no guarantee he won't relapse.

Which imo he probably will.

Sorry, after 3 failed tests, regardless of the "treatment" he's gotten, I don't trust him. He's got to stay clean an entire season, then I'll concede he's got a chance to remain so...

Leedscowboy

Reaction score
So that means he's cured? It's one thing to sit at home, with no pressure of games, practices, etc. and be clean, but once he's in games, etc. there's no guarantee he won't relapse.

Which imo he probably will.

Sorry, after 3 failed tests, regardless of the "treatment" he's gotten, I don't trust him. He's got to stay clean an entire season, then I'll concede he's got a chance to remain so...

He has passed a daily test for 6 months, by the time the season comes around, it will be nearer a year.