Is 2022 a make or break it year for Dak?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
All manipulating the cap does, is keep Dak here longer. Dak has to be here at minimum, 2 more years. Then he's still a 40M dead cap.

Dak's cap his is 20M right now. That's because they pushed 20M forward. Wouldn't it be kind of silly to bring in Wilson and push money forward on a QB that isn't playing?

Yeah, unless he completely tanks next season, good faith from previous years will almost assure an extension is looming that’ll lower his cap issues in 2023 and 2024

Flamma

Reaction score
Yeah, unless he completely tanks next season, good faith from previous years will almost assure an extension is looming that’ll lower his cap issues in 2023 and 2024

We're looking at an extension after 2023. But yeah, he'd have to play pretty bad for them to move on. I'm also pretty sure they are going to have to start eating a lot of Daks cap hits. I think that's why they are saving that space.

Brax

Reaction score
It’s financially implausible to turn away from him in 2023 regardless of how badly he may play in 2022. Additionally the constant restructuring of his contract all but assured an extension is looming, as it would be difficult to carry his cap number without it. He won’t be on the hot seat for… at least 3 years
He can play like Ryan Leaf and he isn’t going anywhere for 3 to 4 years, MM will be the scapegoat along with KM.

OGCowboy

Reaction score
OP is trippin’....ridiculous thread
If anyone truly thinks JJ is kicking Dak down the road after this season or next no matter what the outcome is delusional.
There may be other sacrificial lambs but DP ain’t one of em...

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Personally, I think yes. He's been here long enough now and needs to bring us a ring. I'll give him one more season but if we fail again him and Mccarthy can be sent packing!!
No,
Jerry is all in on Dak, so he is our qb until at least the length of his contract

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is 2022 a make or break it year for Dak?

Personally, I think yes. He's been here long enough now and needs to bring us a ring. I'll give him one more season but if we fail again him and Mccarthy can be sent packing!!
No. Why would you even ask? It's all about his contract.

Even if the Cowboys only win 6 or 7 games this year he isn't going anywhere.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
666 is going nowhere.....our suffering and mediocrity continue!:(

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
We're looking at an extension after 2023. But yeah, he'd have to play pretty bad for them to move on. I'm also pretty sure they are going to have to start eating a lot of Daks cap hits. I think that's why they are saving that space.
Dak isnt going anywhere unless Dak forces a trade, Dallas isnt eating Daks dead money, so long story short, Dak is here for probably longer than most want to acknowledge or accept at this point.

Motorola

Reaction score
Yay. Another Dak thread.

Question for you. If Dak doesnt win a Superbowl and the Cowboys send him and MM "packing".

Who would you like to sign in his place? Because I am pretty sure the cap hit for cutting and or trading Dak would destroy the cap. We may have Kellen Moore back out there slinging the rock.
Prescott has a no-trade clause---so unless he wants out (ala Deshaun Watson)....the Cowboys have only one way to get rid of him...outright release (and taking on the cap hit).

DandyDon52

Reaction score
too bad ;you dont own the team lol.
both dak and mike will be here till their contracts are up.
\
Jones boys dont have any deadlines lol.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Prescott has a no-trade clause---so unless he wants out (ala Deshaun Watson)....the Cowboys have only one way to get rid of him...outright release (and taking on the cap hit).
well they could tell him he will sit on bench, and try and get him to go along with a trade, which he would have to approve.
but jones boys wont do that.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
well they could tell him he will sit on bench, and try and get him to go along with a trade, which he would have to approve.
but jones boys wont do that.
Charlette says NO........:muttley:....Dak or bust you got that mister????

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Dak won't be let go, partly due to his contract. The FO thinks the cat's meow, anyway!

Jerry might easily part with MM and make Quinn his HC, if things go awry.

To be sure, he's already hinted at that very openly, in the past.

Last edited:

pitt33

Reaction score
Dak is what he is. There is no making or breaking. We are in a hamster wheel situation. We aren't winning any Super Bowls with him and Jones's know that.
Right?

They have to realize this. Part of me believes they signed him to a contract extension as they really didn’t have any other option. And besides, they don’t know what the hell they’re doing when it comes to evaluating quarterbacks.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yay. Another Dak thread.

Question for you. If Dak doesnt win a Superbowl and the Cowboys send him and MM "packing".

Who would you like to sign in his place? Because I am pretty sure the cap hit for cutting and or trading Dak would destroy the cap. We may have Kellen Moore back out there slinging the rock.

LOL.............you mean another DUMB Dak thread? The fact that this guy thinks its Dak's job to bring us a ring by himself tells you his understanding of football. Not worth a conversation to be honest.