Is 2022 a make or break it year for Dak?

UncleRico

Reaction score
The guy should be in his prime right now...yet he still can't read defenses, so i guess you are right. He is what he is. The Moronic Duo got fleeced on this one, and we knew it before it happened. Except for some folks here who said he was the messiah and would lead this team to glory. Well, the train has left the station and no options for these two except watch the wreckage year after year.
Dak needs to get on some PED’s. He’s looking older and less flexible

Flamma

Reaction score
Teams over 500 is a joke of a comment anyways. Dak is somewhere around 40 percent winning percentage against winning teams.

I think that is currently top 10 or 5 in the league amongst active players.

The only players I believe (could be wrong) with above 50 percent winning percentages against teams over 500 are Rodgers and Brady.

Yeah, and Rodgers and Brady are first ballot hall of famers. Most of the time team talent plays the biggest role. You ask your QB to not lose the game. The one thing I do give Dak credit for is he protects the ball. He has no control over how other players perform.

ondaedg

Reaction score
Yeah great comparison. Manning was pretty much always in the top 3 in QB rating every year and considered perhaps one of the greatest QBs of all time. Dak should get the same treatment cause he had a good rookie year as a dual threat QB.

Sometimes you gotta put some thought into your comments before you type. Dak is tied with Brees for 5th all time in qb rating. Wanna change your comment?

ondaedg

Reaction score
Yeah, and Rodgers and Brady are first ballot hall of famers. Most of the time team talent plays the biggest role. You ask your QB to not lose the game. The one thing I do give Dak credit for is he protects the ball. He has no control over how other players perform.

That is true. For example Brees only won 43% of his games against teams with winning records. Most QBs are below .500 against winning teams. Exception would be The GOAT Brady.

Motorola

Reaction score
HE WAS ACTUALLY LIGHTS OUT WHEN HE PLAYED A GAME FOR US.

Leave it to Beaver put up over 400 yards.

If he had been a bit bigger, stronger, etc. no doubt he would have been a legit NFL QB.

One of the smartest players I've ever seen.
01/03/2016- WAS @ DAL
Cowboy drives in 1st Qtr
(1) Three & out__incomplete pass - short by QB Moore on 3rd down
(2) Three & out__incomplete passes - short by Moore on 2nd & 3rd down
‐‐‐----WAS scored on its 2nd drive____score 7-0
(3) 6 plays___Moore throws INT; 3 plays later WAS scores___14-0
(4) 2 plays___Moore fumbles on DAL 30; WAS recovers, 8 plays later scores___21-0
(5) 5 plays___Moore completes 5-yd pass on 3rd & 19___punt

Moore directed two long TD drives - short TD passes - in 2nd qtr to make score at halftime 24-14.
But in 3rd qtr____ two drives -- 4 & out, 3 & out.
4th qtr --‐---WAS 34, DAL 14
__ Moore directs long drive into WAS redzone - but throws INT @ goal line.
___Moore directs long drive into WAS redzone - RB loses fumble @ 3-yd line.
___Moore directs long TD drive - short TD pass - to make final score WAS 34, DAL 23.

Moore 33-48, 435 yds, 3 TD, 2 INT, for 100.6 rating
Kellen Moore wound up with great stats - but they were due to having to play catchup after mistakes and inept play put him and the team down 24-0 in the first quarter.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Sometimes you gotta put some thought into your comments before you type. Dak is tied with Brees for 5th all time in qb rating. Wanna change your comment?

Dak was top 5 in QBR a whopping two times out of his 7 years in the league. The other 5 seasons he was top 10-20. Context matters. Same as it matters for the guy who is just below him, Kirk Cousins. Peyton Manning was outside the top 5 in QBR only twice, and one of those include his rookie season. In the span of 98 to 2005, he was top 5 and led the league in QBR twice and his 2004 season is considered one of the best QB seasons of all time rivaling Dan Marinos and Steven Young's 2004 season.

Dak is nowhere near this and never will.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
The guy should be in his prime right now...yet he still can't read defenses, so i guess you are right. He is what he is. The Moronic Duo got fleeced on this one, and we knew it before it happened. Except for some folks here who said he was the messiah and would lead this team to glory. Well, the train has left the station and no options for these two except watch the wreckage year after year.
I never once saw anyone post that he was the Messiah. He did so good his first year, everyone thought, "He will only get better". That did not happen. Not sure why, confidence issues, injuries, etc. Daks a good qb he just isn't what we thought he would be as time went by. I am still hoping and the Cowboys are locked in for a while. That's football. It's always been like that. I'm not fond of what's going on but again, that's football. The game has changed soooo much.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
Personally, I think yes. He's been here long enough now and needs to bring us a ring. I'll give him one more season but if we fail again him and Mccarthy can be sent packing!!
Make or break what he makes 40M this year and maybe more next. What?

basel90

Reaction score
By then the Cap is going to increase so much might not need to restructure. Even worse I might expect Jethro to extend contract.

This is part of why Dak only wanted a 4 year deal cause knew the Cap was going to increase significantly with new TV deal.
dak has entrenched himself for at least 4-6 more years unfortunately. jerry has paid for the car and will not let it go until it is fully depreciated , which means 10 years. return on investment logic. not to mention Dak PR , Politics and social scene and hob nobbing with the cowboy hall of famers , and the usual annual proclamation that he is in a great shape blah blah .

9of11

Reaction score
Well, lets see how he does with Sean Payton as our coach....give him two years after Seans been here...if he cant make it with Sean...he's done...

jujoboys

Reaction score
Personally, I think yes. He's been here long enough now and needs to bring us a ring. I'll give him one more season but if we fail again him and Mccarthy can be sent packing!!

You need to do some research. Dak has a GUARANTEED salary of $31 million in 2023 and Dallas would have $89 million of dead CAP space if they cut him prior to 2023 season. Dak is the Cowboys' QB for 2022 and 2023. 2024 is the earliest Dallas could cut him without destroying their CAP.