Is Anthony Brown still on the roster? If so, why?

boysbeyond4ever

Reaction score
Heere's the thing - this is why officiating matters. People can lose jobs in part or even largely because of bad officiating. Happens to coaches all the time in sports all over the world. Here we're calling for a player to lose his job. I though two of the calls were good calls. But the 2nd quarter call that put the ball on the 1-yard line looked like handfighting a Jalen Ramsey gets away with half-a-dozen times a game.

It can be even worse in international football - or soccer - as teams have been relegated to a lower league because in part of poor officiating, which can cost the clubs tens of millions of dollars for years to come. And it can even negatively impact the economy of the communities where those clubs play, as the immediate areas around where those clubs play can hinge on the success and level of league in which the club plays. Some clubs - and their communities - don't recover for years from relegation and sometimes bad officiating can set that in motion. The Club I support is one of only two that has not been relegated since entering the highest league in England (once the First Division, now the Premier League), but I have seen this happen to less fortunate clubs than mine.

See so it's not just being whiners or bad sports to call out bad officiating. Bad Officiating can change the lives of coaches, players, teams, and the communities they play in. .It matters more than we want to admit..

I'm not a big Anthony Brown fan myself, but I'm not going to see him lose his job over a series of objective calls some of which were absolutely correct, one of which was pretty shaky, and another of which was an awful call that never should have been made.

infamousstyles

Reaction score
He’s not capable of adjusting. After the first 2 PI’s it was clear how the refs were calling it. And yet he continued to get 2 more, with the last being a back breaker. It’s crazy that a 3rd and 18 is equivalent to a 3rd and 5 with this team.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Something tells me that if Kelvin Joseph were ready to take Brown's place, he might already be in the starting lineup. That hasn't been established, at this point. Those of us who are overly anxious to see him as a starter might be wise to cool their heels, until his performance merits it. Kelvin's ball awareness hasn't been proven any better than Brown's, as yet. Have patience, folks! Joseph is a rookie whose skills are a work in progress. It takes lots of time and reps for that to resolve rookie faults. It'll happen, if and when it happens. Will Kelvin be given that chance vs. the weaker teams that follow? We'll see. o_O

Last edited:

boysbeyond4ever

Reaction score
He’s not capable of adjusting. After the first 2 PI’s it was clear how the refs were calling it. And yet he continued to get 2 more, with the last being a back breaker. It’s crazy that a 3rd and 18 is equivalent to a 3rd and 5 with this team.

So clear that they missed a blatant PI on Dalton on 2nd down on our last drive. Yeah they were clear and consistent with their pass interference calls. SMH and LOL all at once.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
You think they should cut everyone else who had a bad game this year?
A Super Evil game?
Dr-Evil-Austin-Powers.jpg

Why, yes....

CWR

Reaction score
AB is guilty of failing to adjust to how the game was being called. That was his fatal flaw.

It sucks the officials pick and choose, but the team knew this was coming. We should have adjusted.

Nonetheless he only deserves a portion of the blame for the ridiculous calls against him.

If we cut every player yall threw a hissy fit about we'd have no roster left. Calm down.

CWR

Reaction score
because 3 of those calls were straight bs that why..odd he has solid season no penalties at all and now you want him cut..lmao..

so we should cut dak for his terrible KC game, not showing in the Denver game, while brown and lewis and that defense held KC to nearly 3 shut out qtrs and 19 points on the road??the defnse won the MN game without dak, held atl to 3 points?

so every player who has one bad game should be cut? hes played well since the game 1 Brown on brown hate crime..lol

so now cut him..we wouldn't have team if we cut players for one bad game or two and that bad game mostly on the refs IMO..

Well we should cut the refs. Bring back the replacement officials!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
You think he should not?
Why, old boy?

Because we don't have a lot of options behind him. Also, he's had a decent season before this game. He's improved a since Quinn took over as DC. Every player has a bad game every now and then, and CBs have games every now and then when they get burned a lot. It's just part of playing that position. Additionally, several of the DPIs called on him were terrible calls. No need to cut him yet.