Is Anthony Brown still on the roster? If so, why?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by GimmeTheBall!, Nov 26, 2021.

1. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

31,540 Messages
    13,288 Likes Received
    Great that you are OK with 4 interference penalties, including a game-closer.
    :rolleyes:

2. CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninHouston CowboysFaninDC

22,968 Messages
    11,982 Likes Received
    well, I guarantee you can look at the other 10 games and see similar plays by CBs and you can look at every other game and see similar plays and penalties weren't called. officiating was bad, very bad. in fact it was horrible. and lets just say we throw brown to the curb....is lewis ready to step up? is Joseph ready to take on a prominent role....is that going to make the team and defense better...so that you feel good about brown being benched....

you don't throw the baby out with the bath water...brown had a bad day....the ref's cost us the game. brown didn't play well. its the bed we made and must live with it. until next year when we draft a CB...

Bullflop likes this.
  3. RustyBourneHorse

RustyBourneHorse Well-Known Member

25,287 Messages
    27,541 Likes Received
    Did I say anywhere that I was ok with the penalties he committed? No I did not. I was saying some of the calls were rubbish. I don't think he played a good game, but, pay attention and you might learn something, there isn't much behind him to replace him with. You can talk about cutting x player, but you must have an adequate replacement. We don't have an adequate replacement for Brown.

CWR likes this.
  4. CWR

CWR Well-Known Member

17,847 Messages
    26,087 Likes Received
    He thinks we got Darrelle Revis sitting on the bench.

Doomsday and RustyBourneHorse like this.
  5. RustyBourneHorse

25,287 Messages
    27,541 Likes Received
    That's putting it mildly lol.

CWR likes this.
  6. RustyBourneHorse

25,287 Messages
    27,541 Likes Received
    I would imagine if there was an adequate replacement for Brown, he would have been subbed out during the game. He wasn't.

7. GimmeTheBall!

31,540 Messages
    13,288 Likes Received
    Yes, old boy, let us see if Brown can get better on company time.

Praxit likes this.
  8. GimmeTheBall!

31,540 Messages
    13,288 Likes Received
    Then we are stuck with brown. Waiting for the other shoe to fall.
    Doesn't that make your animal hairs stand on end?
    Yeah, that Anthony will change with love and compassion and ... time.
    Wth. He can learn and grow on company time.
    Speed your wings and fly, little bird!

9. charron

charron Well-Known Member

9,938 Messages
    10,452 Likes Received
    Fans are mad at brown but making excuses for the 40 million dollar QB. Makes sense.

10. RustyBourneHorse

25,287 Messages
    27,541 Likes Received
    Yeah, we are stuck with Brown atm. We can't trade. There's not much waiting to be signed. We gotta roll with Brown until Joseph is ready to take control.

11. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
    11,265 Messages
    8,758 Likes Received
    It reminds me when Megatron went off for 329 yards against the Cowboys, mainly with Brandon Carr covering him. The Cowboys had no choice but to leave Carr again because they really had no one else to rotate into his spot. It was a VERY long day for Carr....

Elusiv1 and RustyBourneHorse like this.
  12. Dre11

Dre11 Well-Known Member

13,008 Messages
    9,480 Likes Received
    Because he's our most consistent cb right now

13. 32BellyOption

32BellyOption Well-Known Member

1,822 Messages
    2,155 Likes Received
    Anthony didn’t play great but some of those calls were questionable. Especially the one in OT since there’s no rule against face guarding and the WR was holding his head so he couldn’t turn and look at the ball anyways. What happened Thursday was a total team effort. I’m disappointed we couldn’t rise above the BS penalties and beat that trash team. We’ll see what they’re made of now. True leaders lead in tough times. Show us what your made of Dak.

14. FalseStart75Pozderac

FalseStart75Pozderac Active Member

141 Messages
    191 Likes Received
    Yeah I was going to post if anyone noticed. Lewis allowed 7 passes for 164 yards Thursday. I did feel Lewis was worse as well, but those little yellow thingies that flew around A. Brown is what we most see.

baltcowboy likes this.
  15. Einstein

Einstein Well-Known Member

543 Messages
    672 Likes Received
    Try getting your head pulled into a guy and turn your head around to find the ball... good luck with that... NFL refs have NO idea what pass interference is.

kskboys likes this.
  16. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

32,363 Messages
    35,044 Likes Received
    Brown is a good slot CB. Shouldn't even be playing outside.

17. lukin2006

lukin2006 Well-Known Member

10,124 Messages
    16,733 Likes Received
    Jerry is likely working on extending him…

This team continues to be a country club with no accountability …

18. GimmeTheBall!

31,540 Messages
    13,288 Likes Received
    It seems eons since a Jimmy or a Parcell took players to task publically by position/number if not by name.
    These players are assured that, when mentioned by their coaches, the words passionate, focused, hard worker, a locker room leader, an on field coach and smart are used.

lukin2006 likes this.
  19. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

41,902 Messages
    20,283 Likes Received
    The Cowboys aren’t going to be cutting corners (pun intended) at this juncture of the season, especially with all the injuries we’ve had. Brown was having a pretty good season until Thursday’s game. If the team moves on from him it won’t be until the offseason.

20. rambo2

rambo2 Well-Known Member

3,466 Messages
    2,516 Likes Received
    It's threads like this that make this site an embarrassment. Also, what was interference on Thursday is now not interference on Sunday.