Is Anyone Else Apathetic To This Franchise?

kevm3

Reaction score
Yeah, because we know nothing will change. We will hear more rhetoric about how the guys just need to get better despite NO changes on coaching or in players and we'll get hyped up by the top 3 draft pick and imagine how he will change the organization only to repeat this cycle all over again.

Darkhound

Reaction score
Not jumping ship. Not hating them. Still a fan but just apathetic to their games. You don't get excited for wins and don't sulk over losses. It has been happening for me over the past few years. Once the game is over, I turn off the tv, don't listen to any post game shows. I post on here a little and then they are out of my mind. I move on. Win or lose. There is no hope in sight for this franchise at all.

I don't think I will ever stop watching completely and I definitely won't root for another team.

I have been like this for years.... I juts gave up.. and hope that one day (not likely under Jerry) we will get back to Glory

Creeper

Reaction score
I temper my enthusiasm based on expectations. I want them to win in my heart, but my brain tells me they are a bad football team and winning is not going to happen very frequently this year.

To be fair, if they didn't have all the injuries on the OL and to Dak, they would win some games by simply outscoring their opponents. Without Dak and their OL, they are not going to outscore anyone the way this defense is playing. If you expect the Cowboys to win you should reassess your enthusiasm. This week they go up against Washington whose defense has 7 INTs and 16 sacks.

But they have 4 games coming up against the leagues top passing defenses. The Steelers have 24 sacks, the Ravens 22 and the Eagles 21. The Cowboys might win one against the Washington Team, and maybe the Bengals, although I don't think so, not with Dalton at QB. But one game I will guarantee they win is the January 3rd game against the Giants. It will be a meaningless game with nothing more than draft position on the line. With a chance to better their own draft position and hurt the Giants position by playing their scrubs and losing, the Cowboys will plays all their remaining starters and go all out to prove something - or nothing - and drop 5 places in the draft.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
"Good mornin to ya!! Did you enjoy those 3 Super Bowls? I hope you did. I hope you did very much"

3 SB won over 20 years ago doesn't amount to much. They were won at a time when this team actually valued and modeled a winning culture. Can you even compare the crap that's on the field today with any of Jimmy Johnson's teams or even any of Landry's teams?

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
I’ll be happy for any wins they get, because who knows how many more we will get to see. Nothing in life is promised.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I have been since a few years into the Garrett era. Didn't care at all for a long time. Care more about them again now, but doubt it will ever be the same.

Don't think it's just age because I still love to watch good NFL games.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have not lost any sleep over this crappy season.
After the game, I move on to something else, even if another game. Or just turn off the TV if a night game. Or watch something on Netflix, or whatever I can find.

Sunday , I was less interested in watching the games though. But I did.
Come this Sunday will see how it goes.

fredp22

Reaction score
if I didnt have 30 years of watching Landry I really wouldnt give this team a 2nd look.
The team has the worst owner in the NFL, no GM, and this year added the worst DC. Jerry of course is backing the DC thinking the fans will just go along like they did with the 10 years of Garrett and the GM wont say anything cause there isnt any.
believing in Jerry is a waste of time. Hes won and done nothing in 30 years (the SB team was all Jimmy)

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
I turned game off at 21-3 and may not watch many more. I know in 2 weeks, the Eagles with a college team, will end up destroying them.

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
Same as OP here.. not caring anymore, not bothering .. as long as Joneses are running the show... not even putting a penny on any merchandise remotely related to Jerry Cowboys ..

Not even "Dilly Dilly"s anymore .. I am switching off

Anyone who has a Twitter account, please start a #NotBotheringUntilJoneseLeaveCowboys tag

:cool:

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
Apathetic? pretty much!

I'd like the Cowboys to win but it won't be happening anytime soon so I just don't go out of my way to watch the games.

kskboys

Reaction score
Not jumping ship. Not hating them. Still a fan but just apathetic to their games. You don't get excited for wins and don't sulk over losses. It has been happening for me over the past few years. Once the game is over, I turn off the tv, don't listen to any post game shows. I post on here a little and then they are out of my mind. I move on. Win or lose. There is no hope in sight for this franchise at all.

I don't think I will ever stop watching completely and I definitely won't root for another team.
Same boat.

I've started laughing at our travails.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

That’s how feel. I used to get fired up but now I just laugh at the ineptitude. I turned off the MNF game at halftime. I knew it was going to be a blowout. I am down on the NFL as a whole.