Is anyone else tired of Parsons being a normal player?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yet NO ONE had Parsons as an NFL Passrusher during the draft. Why is that?

I know you hate anyone that may take a coaches side over yours, because you know, you get paid big time money to make those decisions, but I think the coaches may just know a little more than you or I do on the subject and have proven that this year.

So instead of trying to cover for your terrible take on Parsons when he was drafted, just move on and enjoy the season.
:thumbup:

Every team in the NFL should be asking themselves that.

I ask myself that as well.

As a linebacker he’s about what I thought he would be and a linebacker is not worth giving up Rashawn Slater for. Linebackers just don’t have huge impacts on games with any consistency.

Dallas is doing the offenses a favor playing him like this.

Hopefully he grows into the linebacker they want but he’s a phenom as an edge guy.

But right now they are asking the Lion to be a Zebra instead of just letting him be a Lion.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
I think you play him at LB because at DE all the time he will wear down physically eventually.

But he definitely needs to be out there rushing the passer from different spots more often. It's very helpful when he comes from the middle and also overloaded with Gregory on the left side to also move pressure around from side to side.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
You have to consider the teams we've played with regard to how Parsons performed. Belichick game planned to attack the middle. Anyone notice our DT's or LBs making any significant plays? They were all quiet. I don't even remember in the game.
Besides that, he's not going to beat double teams on the edge. He's better suited in the middle and move him around to all D line spots, here and there.

SackMaster

Reaction score
To be fair. Parsons agent himself said he thought Parsons best position would be 3-4 OLB.
I'll take your word for it and I'm sure an agent would try to match his client up with as many teams as possible. That is his job.

But let's look at it from an NFL perspective, Passrusher is considered the most important role on D, is it not? Yet the following teams who could have used the passrushing help AND played in a 3-4 Defense, yet they all passed on Parsons for a "lesser position" player (skipping teams that selected QBs since that is clearly priority #1):
  • #4 overall Atlanta (for a TE)
  • #6 overall Miami (for a WR)
  • #9 overall Denver (for a CB)
Hell, I think we already know that Dallas would have selected one of the two CBs instead of Parsons if he was there. So much so, they traded down when the CBs were gone.

So the agent may have said that, but I don't think NFL teams thought that with them taking much less important positions even though Parsons would have been a "scheme fit".

JMHO

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I'll take your word for it and I'm sure an agent would try to match his client up with as many teams as possible. That is his job.

But let's look at it from an NFL perspective, Passrusher is considered the most important role on D, is it not? Yet the following teams who could have used the passrushing help AND played in a 3-4 Defense, yet they all passed on Parsons for a "lesser position" player (skipping teams that selected QBs since that is clearly priority #1):
  • #4 overall Atlanta (for a TE)
  • #6 overall Miami (for a WR)
  • #9 overall Denver (for a CB)
Hell, I think we already know that Dallas would have selected one of the two CBs instead of Parsons if he was there. So much so, they traded down when the CBs were gone.

So the agent may have said that, but I don't think NFL teams thought that with them taking much less important positions even though Parsons would have been a "scheme fit".

JMHO

The NFL mis-evaluated Micah Parsons.

Everyone viewed him as a linebacker and some didn’t even think he was the best linebacker.

If teams knew Parsons was that natural rushing the QB he’s not a Cowboy right now.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

As a linebacker he’s about what I thought he would be and a linebacker is not worth giving up Rashawn Slater for. Linebackers just don’t have huge impacts on games with any consistency.

Hopefully he grows into the linebacker they want but he’s a phenom as an edge guy.

But right now they are asking the Lion to be a Zebra instead of just letting him be a Lion.
This is good stuff coach. Keep it coming. Pure entertainment.
I guess you want to bench either Gregory or D-Law when he comes back. Coaches think about that. You don't.

SackMaster

Reaction score

So basically you are saying :
"I hated the Parsons pick, but he is clearly a beast of a player, so I better say something that makes me sound smart on why I didn't want him before some random people on the internet, that have no impact in my real life, thinks I'm an idiot."
:laugh:

SackMaster

Reaction score
The NFL mis-evaluated Micah Parsons.

Everyone viewed him as a linebacker and some didn’t even think he was the best linebacker.

If teams knew Parsons was that natural rushing the QB he’s not a Cowboy right now.
Don't quit ever thinking you are the smartest person in the room.

I mean, you are clearly not, but it does make for some funny, FUNNY posts.
:thumbup:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So basically you are saying :
"I hated the Parsons pick, but he is clearly a beast of a player, so I better say something that makes me sound smart on why I didn't want him before some random people on the internet, that have no impact in my real life, thinks I'm an idiot."
:laugh:

What I’m saying is the reality of the situation.

I did miss on him. So did NFL teams. Is that debatable?

Im not afraid to admit when I’m wrong but watching him play linebacker I don’t feel like I’m wrong. He’s about what I thought he would be playing that position.

SackMaster

Reaction score
What I’m saying is the reality of the situation.

I did miss on him. So did NFL teams. Is that debatable?

Im not afraid to admit when I’m wrong but watching him play linebacker I don’t feel like I’m wrong. He’s about what I thought he would be playing that position.
Yet are so SO AFRAID that if he actually learns the position, he will make you look even MORE WRONG than you are now?

Parsons is going to be an impact player from the LB position, the sooner you accept that, the sooner you can let this little dog and pony show go.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dude, it's 6 games in and you think you already know?
Just stop with the hysteria.

Hysteria?

1. Ive said he may be a great linebacker someday.

2. he was a phenom as an edge guy chasing the QB.

3. He’s not making near the impact playing linebacker.

4. There is a reason Pass rushers have higher value than a linebacker.

His strength is attacking QBs. Everything else is a work in progress that takes away from him being special right now.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yet are so SO AFRAID that if he actually learns the position, he will make you look even MORE WRONG than you are now?

Parsons is going to be an impact player from the LB position, the sooner you accept that, the sooner you can let this little dog and pony show go.

What would I be more wrong about? I’ve never said he can’t play linebacker or someday wouldn’t be good.

Im pointing out that he is a phenom edge rusher and I could care less how he develops at linebacker.

Creeper

Reaction score
They can rush him from the LB spot too, they don't need to put him at DE. When DLaw gets back they won't need Parsons at DE.

One thing was obvious Sunday, Belichick tried to isolate RBs and TEs on the Cowboys LBs in the passing game. and it worked early on. Parson's does not look very good in pass coverage.

I think Parsons and Cox will be a more effective LB duo than Parsons and LVE. But we won't see that until next year.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Hysteria?

1. Ive said he may be a great linebacker someday.

2. he was a phenom as an edge guy chasing the QB.

3. He’s not making near the impact playing linebacker.

4. There is a reason Pass rushers have higher value than a linebacker.

His strength is attacking QBs. Everything else is a work in progress that takes away from him being special right now.
Pump the brakes Sparky, there's a reason teams plan on him but it doesn't mean you move him to DE because he had a couple nice plays. Phenom is a little exaggerated.