Is anyone else tired of Parsons being a normal player?

visionary

Reaction score
Has anyone else gotten tired of Dallas wasting his talents at linebacker yet and ready to watch him chase QBs again?

Could he be a great linebacker someday? Sure.. But he has a lot of growing to do.

He’s just not making a impact on games anymore and Dallas is helping out opposing offenses playing him this way.

You had legit 1 of the best edge rushers in football and now you have turned him into a mediocre linebacker that we have to hope develops into something sometime down the road.

I just don’t get it and hopefully they come to their senses soon and put him in position to be elite on the field again.

Watching Micah Parsons after the game you can tell he is frustrated with his lack of impact plays and it’s not his fault that the coaches are not putting him in a position for success.

I’m tired of posters creating nonsensical threads about him

He’s a MLB

He’s a rookie

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I’m tired of posters creating nonsensical threads about him

He’s a MLB

He’s a rookie

Nonsensical?

Did you watch him when he was lined up on the edge? Lol

Saying my opinion is nonsensical is nonsensical.

There was nothing normal about that. That was LT / Von Miller like.

The guy can role out of bed and throw tackles like Lane Johnson around.

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
Parsons is a pass rusher pretending to play linebacker.

My Martin take with the information available was the right call and I stand by it. I’m glad Steele he worked out so well but with the information available from last year and how good McGovern was it made sense to make Martin play out wide and I do not regret my opinion at all.

With that said. Steele was more of a unknown commodity.

We get to see Parsons every week and it’s clear as day where he has his biggest impact.

He’s ready right now at this very second to be one of the leagues best pass rushers and instead the Cowboys have elected to play him at linebacker and watch him be mediocre.
This guys information rests around complaining, acting like he is a coach, getting it wrong and then never admitting he is wrong.

Buddy you didn’t even want Parsons in the first place stop acting like your his number one advocate

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Has anyone else gotten tired of Dallas wasting his talents at linebacker yet and ready to watch him chase QBs again?

Could he be a great linebacker someday? Sure.. But he has a lot of growing to do.

He’s just not making a impact on games anymore and Dallas is helping out opposing offenses playing him this way.

You had legit 1 of the best edge rushers in football and now you have turned him into a mediocre linebacker that we have to hope develops into something sometime down the road.

I just don’t get it and hopefully they come to their senses soon and put him in position to be elite on the field again.

Watching Micah Parsons after the game you can tell he is frustrated with his lack of impact plays and it’s not his fault that the coaches are not putting him in a position for success.
Parsons is a Leo in this defense. He is going to both rush and play LB. There will be games he doesn't rush as much as usual. As long as he is heathly, Gregory is going to be our main blind side rusher this year

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
Is this Rockports backup account? Lol
If it is then Rockport has been handing you your azz on a platter times 2 for the last couple years!

The last thing you should be doing is starting threads. It’s not your thing. Don’t do what you want to do. .

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
:facepalm:

Parsons is a LB, will be a LB, and needs the reps at LB at some point. Do we wait until year 5 to do that?

I'll just file this under "If the coaches don't move Martin to RT then they just don't get it" type of take.
:muttley:

He was indeed drafted to play linebacker. But if he can play DE well, it’s a no brainer to play him at DE. DE is the more premier position and it’s harder to find a great DE.

Give me a great pass rusher over a great linebacker 100/100 times.

Why people think a guy that can harass the QB at an elite level needs to be down the field covering TEs and RBs is something I don’t understand.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
This guys information rests around complaining, acting like he is a coach, getting it wrong and then never admitting he is wrong.

Buddy you didn’t even want Parsons in the first place stop acting like your his number one advocate

I admit when I’m wrong all of the time. This is just wishful thinking on your part saying something like that.

What I’ve said in this thread is just obvious stuff.

I don’t know how anyone can watch Micah Parsons through these first 6 games and not see the difference in his impact based on his role.

SackMaster

Reaction score
What would I be more wrong about? I’ve never said he can’t play linebacker or someday wouldn’t be good.

Im pointing out that he is a phenom edge rusher and I could care less how he develops at linebacker.
That LB is not an "impact position".

I mean, Ray Lewis? Pffft, scrub. Brian Urlacher? Joke. Patrick Willis? Clown. Luke Kuechly? Whimp.

But based off your continual "he should only rush the passer" takes, I think you DO CARE how he develops at LB because YOU don't want to be completely and utterly wrong.

And I get it. Parsons is to you as Tyron was to me.
  • Tyron is a kid that is going to play against grown men and get his lunch money taken
  • Tyron didn't even play LT at USC
  • Tyron only looks good because he is on a stacked USC team
  • Tyron will not be an impact player at the NFL because he just isn't that good
It took a while, but I eventually stopped nitpicking everything Tyron didn't do "perfectly" and learned, when you just "let go" the game is just SO MUCH MORE FUN to watch.
:thumbup:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He was indeed drafted to play linebacker. But if he can play DE well, it’s a no brainer to play him at DE. DE is the more premier position and it’s harder to find a great DE.

Why people think a guy that can harass the QB at an elite level needs to be down the field covering TEs and RBs is something I don’t understand.

This is just football common sense, right?

People are getting angry at me for what should just be a common sense opinion lol.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

I mean, Ray Lewis? Pffft, scrub. Brian Urlacher? Joke. Patrick Willis? Clown. Luke Kuechly? Whimp.

But based off your continual "he should only rush the passer" takes, I think you DO CARE how he develops at LB because YOU don't want to be completely and utterly wrong.

• Tyron is a kid that is going to play against grown men and get his lunch money taken
It took a while, but I eventually stopped nitpicking everything Tyron didn't do "perfectly" and learned, when you just "let go" the game is just SO MUCH MORE FUN to watch.

What would I be completely and utterly wrong about?

This false narrative that you think that I think he sucks at linebacker? Which I don’t.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Btw, here is my thoughts on Tyron Smith before he was even on a NFL radar.

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/uscs-right-tackle.191058/

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Btw, here is my thoughts on Tyron Smith before he was even on a NFL radar.

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/uscs-right-tackle.191058/
glow-chest.gif

cffl2323

Reaction score
Def agree that his strengths are maximized by having him going to the ball more often. Whether that be attacking the run game, or chasing down QB's, more of him going up field would be nice to see. Seems like he's a 3-4 OLB that would excel going up field the majority of the time, with the ability to drop in coverage when needed. Sky is the limit for him though, regardless of how he's used his rookie year.

SackMaster

Reaction score

Oh no doubt, Parson SHOULD rush the passer. But not full time from the DE position.

He needs to be on the field irregardless where it is at because he is a playmaker. So if that means he plays at LB to play 98+% of the defensive snaps, then he can play LB AND DE.

I'm not anti-Parsons rushing the passer. I'm anti anything that takes Parsons off the field, which IMO playing DE full time would do.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
I admit when I’m wrong all of the time. This is just wishful thinking on your part saying something like that.

What I’ve said in this thread is just obvious stuff.

I don’t know how anyone can watch Micah Parsons through these first 6 games and not see the difference in his impact based on his role.
Name something you were wrong about.

Let me help you..

Like something about Dak…..

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Parsons is a Leo in this defense. He is going to both rush and play LB. There will be games he doesn't rush as much as usual. As long as he is heathly, Gregory is going to be our main blind side rusher this year

But when he can just turn his brain off and chase QBs is when he is a phenom.

His natural pass rush moves and everything are just there.

I don’t mind him playing linebacker. Heck I even think he should play linebacker when we face a mobile QB like Kyler Murray or Pat Mahomes.

But these guys who are stuck in the pocket? It’s just a waste not sending him after them every single time.

You can find a long list of guys who can provide what he currently provides at linebacker.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
But when he can just turn his brain off and chase QBs is when he is a phenom.

His natural pass rush moves and everything are just there.

I don’t mind him playing linebacker. Heck I even think he should play linebacker when we face a mobile QB like Kyler Murray or Pat Mahomes.

But these guys who are stuck in the pocket? It’s just a waste not sending him after them every single time.

You can find a long list of guys who can provide what he currently provides at linebacker.

It’s so simple. Why do you think the coaching staff can’t see it?

They must be part of a clan of dumbs, huh?