Is anyone else tired of Parsons being a normal player?

SackMaster

Reaction score
Manster floundered at LB before Landry moved him to DT...
Sure, that is straight up fact. But White was also bigger than Parsons in an age of MUCH smaller NFL offensive linemen.

I get what you are saying, and who knows, maybe I'm an idiot. But I really believe Parsons needs to be on the field on every snap, or as close as possible, and defensive linemen just don't do that. I don't want Parson sitting for 25%+ of plays if we can avoid it.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
I agree that he needs to be rushing the passer more. He should be opposite Gregory on obvious passing downs.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Sure, that is straight up fact. But White was also bigger than Parsons in an age of MUCH smaller NFL offensive linemen.

I get what you are saying, and who knows, maybe I'm an idiot. But I really believe Parsons needs to be on the field on every snap, or as close as possible, and defensive linemen just don't do that. I don't want Parson sitting for 25%+ of plays if we can avoid it.

He may be that guy someday but right now he is a phenom at 1 thing and a good prospect at the other.

SackMaster

Reaction score
He may be that guy someday but right now he is a phenom at 1 thing and a good prospect at the other.
You act like Parsons hasn't rushed the passer since Week 4. You DO realize, he has been blitzing AND rushing from the Edge Rush spots during the games, right? It's just not EVERY down.

In fact, go look at the sack where Gregory DESTROYS Jones. Parsons starts the play from a standup OLB position right on the line. He rushes the passer, puts a good inside move on their RT, and would have had a good shot at a sack had Gregory not got there is like 2.5 seconds.

Then look at the 3 plays before the Gregory sack where Jones completed the deep pass to Agular, guess who blitzed right up the middle from the LB spot and was right in Jones' face? Yep, #11.

WHAT!!!! You mean the coaching staff DOES have Parsons rush the passer during the game and not drop back 25 yards in coverage every play?

OMG, no freaking way. How is that possible if he doesn't play DE on every play?

Impossible I tell you. Must be witchcraft.
:muttley:

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
This guys information rests around complaining, acting like he is a coach, getting it wrong and then never admitting he is wrong.

Buddy you didn’t even want Parsons in the first place stop acting like your his number one advocate

Btw, here is my thoughts on Tyron Smith before he was even on a NFL radar.

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/uscs-right-tackle.191058/
I admit when I’m wrong all of the time. This is just wishful thinking on your part saying something like that.

What I’ve said in this thread is just obvious stuff.

I don’t know how anyone can watch Micah Parsons through these first 6 games and not see the difference in his impact based on his role.

This is the thing - he is going to play LB. Assuming you will sign DE Randy G and DLAW is on the team next year you want him to get his reps at LB to accelerate his learning there before DLAW gets back.

He plays 30 snaps when he lines up on the edge, and 60 snaps when he lines up at LB. He's played 60 snaps for the first time 2 games in a row... this bye week will serve it's due for him. He will be a LB going into the post-season so why play cute and act like we're putting him in front of DLAW when we won't. The key is we are winning while he wrinkles out his warts at LB and in coverage - let him make the mistakes early.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Has anyone else gotten tired of Dallas wasting his talents at linebacker yet and ready to watch him chase QBs again?

Could he be a great linebacker someday? Sure.. But he has a lot of growing to do.

He’s just not making a impact on games anymore and Dallas is helping out opposing offenses playing him this way.

You had legit 1 of the best edge rushers in football and now you have turned him into a mediocre linebacker that we have to hope develops into something sometime down the road.

I just don’t get it and hopefully they come to their senses soon and put him in position to be elite on the field again.

Watching Micah Parsons after the game you can tell he is frustrated with his lack of impact plays and it’s not his fault that the coaches are not putting him in a position for success.
All the people that wanted Jaylon Smith gone can be thanked for it. That was allowing Parsons to play on the DL.

Until Jabrill Cox is ready to be an every down LB, Parsons will have to play at LB.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Has anyone else gotten tired of Dallas wasting his talents at linebacker yet and ready to watch him chase QBs again?

Could he be a great linebacker someday? Sure.. But he has a lot of growing to do.

He’s just not making a impact on games anymore and Dallas is helping out opposing offenses playing him this way.

You had legit 1 of the best edge rushers in football and now you have turned him into a mediocre linebacker that we have to hope develops into something sometime down the road.

I just don’t get it and hopefully they come to their senses soon and put him in position to be elite on the field again.

Watching Micah Parsons after the game you can tell he is frustrated with his lack of impact plays and it’s not his fault that the coaches are not putting him in a position for success.
Agreed. He was a huge part of the TB loss. When Lawrence went down, and they put him on the edge o_O we all saw what the hype was about. I definitely want him to continue learning LB in all phases, but his talent on the edge is a natural gift.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
Parsons is also undersized, so it'll take a toll on him rushing the passer too much. His play may already be impacted from fatigue considering he didn't play last year

Aven8

Reaction score

I totally get what you’re saying here Catch but have you seen your boy LVE lately? He looks awful. We need LB’s.

J-man

Reaction score
I'll keep saying it, his best trait is attacking the line of scrimmage. He will put far more pressure on an offense attacking the QB and/or RB than he will ever do reading and reacting to the play or dropping back into coverage. Can he do that? Well enough. Will he get better at it? Probably. But he is already a fantastic play disruptor when he attacks the line. Letting him do what he's gifted at is the best thing for his career and for this defense.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
I totally get what you’re saying here Catch but have you seen your boy LVE lately? He looks awful. We need LB’s.
clapping-hands.gif

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

I disagree that he looks awful. He’s still pretty good but nothing like he was as a rookie.

Awful is Jaylon Smith. LVE is still quality.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
This is very very interesting.

But is it due to LVE and Neal being such liabilities in middle or that Parsons is just so much more effective at that spot.

Aulac

Reaction score

Oh boo hoo! Parson is a LB and need to learn how to play as LB. He was not drafted as an edge rusher or else he would have gone higher in the draft. All we ever build here is a culture of entitlement. Also we will probably never win anything with Jones as our owner.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score

That's straight up false.

1. He IS still rushing the passer, and from all over the 0lace which is the best way to utilize him.

2. There's been enough film on him now that teams are game planning him. Why do you think Gregory is getting so many 1 on 1's despite DLaw not being out there?

It's not about getting Parsons sacks. It's about making the whole D better, and the way they're using him is opening up opportunities for other 0layers on D.

Quit looking at the stats and saying "oh he's not effective as a lb, the coaches don't know what they're doing". Watch the game and see that he HAS been effective because he's drawing so much attention that other players on D are getting 1 on 1's.