Is anyone watching the AAF?

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ya,I know,
That first quarter of game play had me reevaluating my long standing determination that "new years eve" remain #1 on the list of Amateur Hour displays,,,:lmao:

o_O
LOL dude. :thumbup: Some times I jump on line to see what your avatar is! Ok, what is it? :muttley:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
After several drinks, Cuban cigars, and rubdowns from wanabee cheerleaders, they pulled that one out of...
LOL, seriously, my younger brother is a firefighter.
"A hotshot crew, is an elite team of 20 wildland firefighters, the most highly trained in the country, which are prepared to battle the most serious fires nationwide."
Beats the "Legends." For crying out loud. :huh:
I do like the Orlando Apollos as a name. I really think San Antonio wanted to be the Rough Riders, but that is already taken by the Rangers AA team from Frisco.
There are plenty of animals to choose from........Badgers, wombats, cobras, etc........or how about the Eastwoods? lol

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not sure this league is the answer, but the NFL desperately needs a feeder/developmental league............especially for young QBs. How does a guy like Mike White improve without any game experience? Or Rico Gathers for that matter.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
First game today was pretty good. Finally got to see their version of an "onside attempt", today, it failed. Salt Lake has looked pretty good this season and finally got their first win.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Apollos now 3-0 and Memphis is 0-3. Hackenberg was awful as usual, but finally got benched. Mettenberger looked pretty good, should have gone to him much sooner, he gave them a fighting chance.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I've been wanting to root for the AZ Hotshots (I've lived her for 8 years) but I just can't get excited about the team. Not a big Neuheisel fan and I'm not overly impressed with the offensive talent. I do like the slot WR Rashad Ross, a couple of d linemen (Will Sutton and Obum Gwatcham), and their secondary (Rahim Moore, Robert Nelson, Dexter McDougle, and ex-Cowboy Sterling Moore).

I really like the style and rosters for San Antonio and Orlando so far. Garett Gilbert seems to be excelling in Spurrier's offense. The defensive staff is pretty good too (DC Bob Sanders, DL Jim Jeffcoat, CB Donnie Abraham, S Lito Sheppard), and seems to be getting the most out of this defense.

My top 2 favorite players/prospects so far are Mekale McKay (San Antonio WR) and Jamar Summers (Birmingham CB).

Also, I was telling @JBS that I was most intrigued by Christian Hackenberg coming into the season. The former 5-star recruit has the prototypical size (6'4" and 225) and shined under Bill O'Brien in their only year together at Penn State. However, after watching him play and thinking back to his time with the Jets, he checks down way too much and I don't think he can process the information quick enough to make pro QB decisions. Watching his body language and listening to him being mic'd up last week, and the fact he refused to be mic'd up this week, proved he's quick to blame and point fingers, and his actual language matches is body language. Having been blessed to coach college players the past 7 years, I've been around some awesome leaders at quarterback, and unfortunately a few kids just like Hackenberg. Kids won't rally and play for a selfish, spoiled, unlikeable quarterback like that. That's the thing with scouting/watching from afar. You see the physical tools and athletic ability, but you just don't always get to experience the intangibles like leadership and attitude.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm curious to see which NFL team will bite first and sign one of these guys.

(I don't count Josh Johnson since he never actually played in an AAF game)

I seriously don't know how all four developmental leagues are going to find enough players, especially quarterbacks, next year.
It does stretch the imagination to wonder how it will unfold. Too bad the NFL hasn't formed farm leagues like MLB. It would really help guys like White and Rush. But then, who would be backup?

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I've been wanting to root for the AZ Hotshots (I've lived her for 8 years) but I just can't get excited about the team. Not a big Neuheisel fan and I'm not overly impressed with the offensive talent. I do like the slot WR Rashad Ross, a couple of d linemen (Will Sutton and Obum Gwatcham), and their secondary (Rahim Moore, Robert Nelson, Dexter McDougle, and ex-Cowboy Sterling Moore).

I really like the style and rosters for San Antonio and Orlando so far. Garett Gilbert seems to be excelling in Spurrier's offense. The defensive staff is pretty good too (DC Bob Sanders, DL Jim Jeffcoat, CB Donnie Abraham, S Lito Sheppard), and seems to be getting the most out of this defense.

My top 2 favorite players/prospects so far are Mekale McKay (San Antonio WR) and Jamar Summers (Birmingham CB).

Also, I was telling @JBS that I was most intrigued by Christian Hackenberg coming into the season. The former 5-star recruit has the prototypical size (6'4" and 225) and shined under Bill O'Brien in their only year together at Penn State. However, after watching him play and thinking back to his time with the Jets, he checks down way too much and I don't think he can process the information quick enough to make pro QB decisions. Watching his body language and listening to him being mic'd up last week, and the fact he refused to be mic'd up this week, proved he's quick to blame and point fingers, and his actual language matches is body language. Having been blessed to coach college players the past 7 years, I've been around some awesome leaders at quarterback, and unfortunately a few kids just like Hackenberg. Kids won't rally and play for a selfish, spoiled, unlikeable quarterback like that. That's the thing with scouting/watching from afar. You see the physical tools and athletic ability, but you just don't always get to experience the intangibles like leadership and attitude.

I'm torn about Hackenberg, he's just so very, very, bad, I can't help but be entertained watching him. Watching him stumbling around, throwing to lord only knows who, taking big hits and horrible sacks, all the cursing, the guy is a human version of a train wreck..... so horrible but just can't help but watch. He plays football like it's an SNL sketch.