Is Ball a RT only?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You love this guy lolol. There is literally nobody else on this planet that thinks half as highly of him as you do.,he sucks he won’t be on the final roster in 2023..he’s only going to make the team this season bc of his drop position last year
What is a straw man argument?
A straw man argument, sometimes called a straw person argument or spelled strawman argument, is the logical fallacy of distorting an opposing position into an extreme version of itself and then arguing against that extreme version. In creating a straw man argument, the arguer strips the op

JBS

Reaction score
What is a straw man argument?
A straw man argument, sometimes called a straw person argument or spelled strawman argument, is the logical fallacy of distorting an opposing position into an extreme version of itself and then arguing against that extreme version. In creating a straw man argument, the arguer strips the op

there is no distortion here. You defend this loser every chance you get. Thems the facts.

Ken

Reaction score
He's not an NFL player.
These same type of comments were made about Steele his rookie year.

I am willing to see more of him this preseason before proclaiming he can't play. He did do some good things.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I'm not sure where those rumors are coming from.

He looks like I'd think a 4th round rookie would look like, honestly.

And this thread, for that matter, looks a lot what I would expect Cowboys fans would say of a player being given a chance to earn a swing tackle role after his first preseason NFL game.

But honest truth is, his run blocking was adequate... his pass protection was never outstanding, mostly passable, and on two occasions as far as I was counting, ugly.

Do I think it's likely he makes so much progress in the next week to cause optimism that he can make the 53-man?

Not "likely," but ya gotta give a kid a legitimate opportunity, and wait to see the outcomes of the next preseason game.

More likely he ends up on practice squad... sure. But let it play out.

The Cowboys' official site even reported that Ball struggled during the offseason, that he was worked over badly in the scrimmages with Denver, and that he didn't really turn it around in the actual game. But like you said he deserves a longer look; especially since he's coming off an injury and hasn't really played at all since his last year in college. I'm thinking a season on the practice squad might be best for him. Let him get his legs back under him, adjust to the speed of the pro game, and let's see what he can do in 2023 camp.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Tap the brakes.

He was in the blue jersey.

Of course we'd be disappointed with blue Ball.

Wait a minute didn’t Dallas have a Blue Bell at safety Sat ?

I guess I’ll have mine on a waffle cone and for Johnny Rocco my friend my dog my avatar he’ll have the quarter pounder he’s not quite vegan ….yet.

:espn: :huh:

Last edited:

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Except he’s playing guard lol
And he’s only still around because he doesn’t take up a roster spot
Other than that he’s a star

He played tackle on whim and had a better performance than Ball. I do agree he is a better at guard than tackle like Zack Martin.

_sturt_

Reaction score
The Cowboys' official site even reported that Ball struggled during the offseason, that he was worked over badly in the scrimmages with Denver, and that he didn't really turn it around in the actual game. But like you said he deserves a longer look; especially since he's coming off an injury and hasn't really played at all since his last year in college. I'm thinking a season on the practice squad might be best for him. Let him get his legs back under him, adjust to the speed of the pro game, and let's see what he can do in 2023 camp.

1. Let's just be clear... "Cowboys official website" isn't anything different than any other media source. Stanback, in particular, has seemed to be riding Ball a lot, but it's not like he's a scout or coach.

2. McC seems to indicate the evaluation on Ball continues this Saturday... as it should/would for any redshirt freshman. The chatter about Steele at this point in his career was about like Ball's. Other thing I hadn't even thought about, but McC mentioned... these guys are playing at high altitude for the first time in their lives for the most part.

Here's that part of yesterday's presser.................

3. No debating... time is of the essence. Ball will have to continue to show good run blocking, and take a big step in pass protection... and against a superior defensive line, at that, to the extent that they play their starters.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Want to see more of those RB’s in that 3 man competition and less of Coopers slow pick soft balls to DB’s against the Chargers

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
McCarthy said after the draft they see Ball as a right side player. He’s playing a lot of left because Waletzko is injured.

It still doesn't excuse them for not going after a swing Tackle. They have money why not spend it?

Stephen needs to get out of his own ego and help the team for once.

dogberry

Reaction score
Are they rolling money to 2023?

Six free agent starters and Pollard.

How many bad plays did Ball have?

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Ball is our typical redshirt first year trash player second year gone the 3rd year.

RonWashington

Reaction score
To address 77 replacement properly the tires are not looking great , a very high draft pick in 23 will have to be in the chow line at Oxnard . Dare I say another # 1 a pure tackle to go with other # 1’s ( Tyler Smith and Martin ) as you rebuild this line the expensive QB and RB depend on .

This yr ? I suggested someone like an Eric Fisher be brought in as a FA back up 77 let Ball be mostly a RT .

kazzd58

Reaction score
Ball is garbage right now, no matter where they put him.

did you watch tape??? I saw different, He really wasn’t that bad.. he had a bad bad play with dude beating him inside but.. what he the rest of the game for real.. all 22 of u can get it

erod

Reaction score
The need to go sign Eric Fisher to be the swing tackle and be done with it.