Is CD Lamb scared to go against Kelvin Joseph?

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Jesus how dumb can you be? If he can dust up the better corner why would he have problems with the rookie who is playing 2nd sting? Drunk a&& troll

Just show me the evidnece first that Digg is better with real 1v1 competition of each other. I can taste the fear in your post.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Im not sure why I'm even entertaining this but that's not how football drills work. 1v1, players rotate in and out and law of averages dictates that they've faced each other plenty of times, regardless of whether you've seen a clip on Twitter or not.

In team drills, schemes and formations dictate who will be matched up with whom. It's not like CeeDee is going to run to the other side of the formation or pull himself out of a play if he sees Joseph lined up across from him.

I really hope Joseph is better than Diggs because 27 is looking like he's developing into an excellent corner and it would mean that the defense is in much better shape than we thought. Pardon me if I have my doubts.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Im not sure why I'm even entertaining this but that's not how football drills work. 1v1, players rotate in and out and law of averages dictates that they've faced each other plenty of times, regardless of whether you've seen a clip on Twitter or not.

In team drills, schemes and formations dictate who will be matched up with whom. It's not like CeeDee is going to run to the other side of the formation or pull himself out of a play if he sees Joseph lined up across from him.

I really hope Joseph is better than Diggs because 27 is looking like he's developing into an excellent corner and it would mean that the defense is in much better shape than we thought. Pardon me if I have my doubts.

So you haven’t seen the 1v1 tape and you are basing your conclusion on feelings. :facepalm::muttley::muttley::muttley::muttley:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Ok, I'm going to try to explain this as best as possible. I think Coach Mike probably has a very good reason why Lamb and Joseph aren't facing each other yet. Keyword, yet. Perhaps Joseph is not ready yet. Word from camp (from what I've heard from the likes of Mark Holmes) is that Lamb is catching everything thrown his way. A surefire way for a rookie to struggle with confidence is have him go against a WR like that in the first two weeks of training camp. Plus, he's probably facing Gallup because that's the calibur of WR he probably will face. In other words, he'll be facing #2 WRs. Lamb is borderline a 1 WR. Thus, Diggs makes sense to have take on Lamb since that's the caliber of WR Diggs will face.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
he’s beaten the better corner (Diggs) several times. Stop posting stupid things while you’re drinking

Exactly. Like I posted. Diggs is the 1 CB. For Dak Attack's information, a 1 CB usually takes on a 1 WR, and and a 2 CB takes on the 2 WR usually. Lamb is basically a 1 WR, thus, Diggs is the one having to face him because Lamb is the caliber of WR that Diggs will likely face. The only reason Lamb might be considered a 2 WR as well is because Cooper is here. Coop has been out with an injury. Once he's back and once Joseph has had enough practice facing Gallup, then maybe he will face Lamb, but McCarthy is probably going to have him practice against Gallup who is a true 2 WR.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Has the coaching staff named Kelvin Joseph to the first team and trotted his arse out to play against the 1's on offense?

The OP may be trying to start shate with a piece of information which is not accurate.

Or.....

Have any of the fans here seen every play in training camp to verify the OP's contention that Joseph and Lamb have not faced?

My opinion of the OP is he is this fans site version of those strings that are tied to your gloves and run up through your sleeves so you don't lose them.

Do short busses come in different sizes?

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Ok, I'm going to try to explain this as best as possible. I think Coach Mike probably has a very good reason why Lamb and Joseph aren't facing each other yet. Keyword, yet. Perhaps Joseph is not ready yet. Word from camp (from what I've heard from the likes of Mark Holmes) is that Lamb is catching everything thrown his way. A surefire way for a rookie to struggle with confidence is have him go against a WR like that in the first two weeks of training camp. Plus, he's probably facing Gallup because that's the calibur of WR he probably will face. In other words, he'll be facing #2 WRs. Lamb is borderline a 1 WR. Thus, Diggs makes sense to have take on Lamb since that's the caliber of WR Diggs will face.

You mean CD Lamb will face #2,3&4 CBs like last year while Cooper get double coverage. Thanks for making my point.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
How about Joseph make it to 1st team reps before you ask if our breakout WR taking 1st team reps is scared of anything when it comes to catching a ball?

Let alone ask if he’s worried about facing a rookie taking 2nd team reps.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
You mean CD Lamb will face #2,3&4 CBs like last year while Cooper get double coverage. Thanks for making my point.

That may not be the case the whole season though. And Cooper better get to practice soon, or CD might surpass him. Besides, what is so bad about having 3 great wide receivers? The fact we have to debate about who is slightly better than the other is a GOOD thing. Also, as stated, I am sure when McCarthy thinks Joseph is ready to take on CD, Joseph will take on CD.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

And I will try to explain to you one more time why Joseph will NOT face Lamb for the time being. Pay attention. Lamb is a 1 caliber WR. He would take the 1 WR spot if the season were to open right now, given that Coop still is probably hurt. You must have a 1 and 2 WR in practice. Gallup is the 2 WR, which is a given. Thus, Lamb, at the moment, must take the 1 WR. By the way, let's not forget Cooper tends to disappear in road games. So, having Lamb is competition for Cooper as well. As a result of Lamb being the 1 WR, he will face Diggs because Diggs is the 1 CB and Joseph, at best, is the 2 CB. Coach Mike McCarthy is NOT going to ask Joseph to take on Lamb. Especially when Lamb is catching everything, as has been reported. That is a surefire way to kill the confidence of a rookie, which is a good way to get fired as a HC. You want to put your players in the best position to win. Having Joseph go against Lamb in the first 2 weeks of training camp is NOT putting Joseph in the best position to win. Joseph will probably face Lamb later when he's had more practice against Gallup. However, in no world is McCarthy having Joseph go against Lamb in the first two weeks of training camp.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Lamb will face who ever is in front of him. Not sure what your deal is but Lamb is a very good WR who is teamed up with 2 other WR who are very good making this WR core an outstanding group.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Why would be be? This is TC, he has every advantage. QBs can't get hit, DBs can't be physical, and offenses have free reign.