Is Clinton Portis Insane?

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
I don't know if Portis' Thursday Press interviews have gotten any play outside of the DC area, but for the past two months or so he's gotten into the habit of wearing crazy disguises when he gives his weekly interview.

Just a sampling of some of his costumes:

sigpic.jpg

Anyway, since they've been losing three straight, most kinda thought he'd give it up, but it hasn't happened.

This week was "Rev. Gonna Change" and featured his weirdest get-up yet:

5450853_320X240.jpg

I'm starting to question his sanity.

Anyway, if you want a good laugh, here's the video of this week's interview...

http://www.nbc4.com/sports/5450963/detail.html

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I think really, Clinton is more an idiot than insane.

Hiero

Reaction score
he's a ******* his jokes are so not even funny. he just looks stupider and stupider.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
If he'd worry more about how he looks on the field and less about how dumb he can look in his PC's maybe he'd be an asset to his team.....don't get me wrong....I'm glad he's an idiot.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Can't believe Gibbs hasn't put a stop to that.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Actually, I think it's a good idea. It loosens up the team and set a light tone for Clinton's interaction with the media. He uses the costumes to confer a feeling of.... Awww who the heck and I kidding? He's a F****** idiot!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
He would have to be. He signed on to play in Washington, didn't he?

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
They're kinda funny sometimes.

Often because he looks and sounds dumber than he even intends to.

I say, let him have some fun.
After all, I don't think he's having much ON the field.

lcharles

Negativity King
Reaction score
Can you imagine Parcells reaction if one of our players did that? :eek:

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
I hate the Skins, I hate Portis, but I gotta admit, those costumes are hilarious.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
I'm no Skins fan; nor am I a Portis fan, but some of you have forgotten what it is to have fun anymore. I think this guy has an excellenrt attitude. He's pounded on week after week by people who outweigh him by hundreds of pounds, yet he can take time to make fun of an otherwise serious situation.

Lighten up; he may be an eccentric millionaire, but a millionaire no less. I wish I had that problem!

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Living in DC, i have to put up with his media-saturated crap all the time. Trust me: Gibbs and co regret trading for him. No way he's living up to that contract. He has a big game here and there but no consistent excellence.

sbuscha

king****
Reaction score
Shows what an organization it is. Bill would NEVER allow this... Same as the after play celebrations the skins and eagles do and the Cowboys don't

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Parcells would never allow them to show up like that.

I don't think Bill allows any player to have press conferences.

I mean, shouldn't Portis be doing something aside from planning his costume? Maybe studying film?

If your players have time for this stuff then you aren't working them hard enough.