Is Cooper Rush truly going to be a phenomenal player?

dsturgeon

Reaction score
If a frog had wings
Rush has played well. He’s played smart and Moore has called solid games for him
But rush is what he is and he ain’t gonna start throwing for 300-400 yards a game

If not for the drops, he did throw for 300+ yards last game. And they were good throws.

I am not saying Rush will win or that I would play him over dak, It was a scenario that should lead to a controversy

conner01

Reaction score
If not for the drops, he did throw for 300+ yards last game. And they were good throws.

I am not saying Rush will win or that I would play him over dak, It was a scenario that should lead to a controversy
Who knows if not for the drop by lamb earlier you may not have been passing late
Like I said he’s played good but the guy everyone wanted cut in camp is not gonna all of a sudden become a dynamic passer
If we keep running the ball and using play action he can keep playing well
When you face a team you can’t run on then he will struggle

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Who knows if not for the drop by lamb earlier you may not have been passing late
Like I said he’s played good but the guy everyone wanted cut in camp is not gonna all of a sudden become a dynamic passer
If we keep running the ball and using play action he can keep playing well
When you face a team you can’t run on then he will struggle

187 yards of rushing last game was great. I think we will be getting 200+ in some games

kskboys

Reaction score
Dak had 1 career TD pass after his 3rd start in the NFL and that one didn't come until his 3rd start.

Cooper already has 4 TDs in his first 3 starts.

If Dak can take Romo's job by having VERY mediocre stats while leading us to wins then Cooper should have the same opportunity.

That is, if winning is what really matters.
Jerrys says it's not.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Maybe so
That’s the key to this offense
Don’t think we will be rushing 200 on the rams though

I am excited to see if we can, and the best part is, that is 3rd or 4th on my list of things I am excited to see

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am just glad to see a Dallas backup QB have some success, especially after bouncing around a bit and being written off as inadequate. The D is giving us the opportunity to score enough to win. The Oline is holding its own for now. The run game needs to continue to thrive.

GoldenR

Reaction score
It will all come full circle after the Lions game, just wait for it.

McMicah

Reaction score
I feel like the formula for Cooper/Dak is easy: Let him play until he loses.

It will cause less controversy for justifying Dak’s return, and let you test your backup to his limits. If you believe Dak is way better, sit in confidence knowing there’s no way he will beat the Rams and/or Eagles. If you believe he’s Tom Brady’s fragmented soul reincarnated Harry Potter-style into a red-haired titan, let’s test that theory. This way everyone wins.

If he loses before the bye, he’s human, but maybe worthy of a long term backup contract, and I’ll yield to Dak (who wont be fully healthy until after the Eagles) coming back. BUT, if he keeps winning…..ho boy this forum would be so fun