Is Dak a so-called bus driver?

glimmerman

Reaction score
I agree but that doesn’t mean we cant critique.

Ultimately Jerry rides the wave. If Dak falls out of favor with the public and or fans then he will feel the wrath much like other stars before him have.

Although Dak has one key intangible factor in his favor in Jerry appears determined to prove he didn’t make a mistake putting Romo to the curb. And no one looks to be safe while Jerry’s pursuing to prove.

That’s how I see it.
Then explain Heath. :lmao2:

Hadenough

Reaction score
Do we need to go through this again...

Rams shut down our running game.

They did whatever was required to stop the run and were happy to place the ball in Prescott's hands.

Until late in the game by which point the game was done, Prescott wasn't able to keep us in the game with his arm. The late yards and points were against a soft defense devised to just waste time - not really fussed about garbage time yards and points - just interested in taking time off the clock.

Our running defense got overrun but people conveniently forget how we butchered several drives on offense in the first half which was crucial in the loss.

Every game is going to be different.

When required, unless a team has an elite defense and I mean elite (Broncos few years back, Ravens with Ray Lewis and Legion of Boom but less so) a QB will in all likelihood need to win a shootout at some point - you can name countless quarterbacks that have been able to do this over the past 15 years and many aren't even elite. Foles, Ryan, Flacco etc.

The issue that people have with Prescott is that based on the past three seasons, he just isn't going to get it done in that type of game. It's nothing personal, it's just the way it is. And the opposition are fully aware of that. Completely take away our running game then we can only win if our Defense plays like a top 5 defense - which it can but to consistently pull that off is unlikely and they weren't able to play like a top 5 defense against the Rams, Prescott didn't step up when it actually mattered in the first half and we lost.

So for the people who actually understand football, if Prescott is kept on, which looks likely, then it's all about our defense. They need to step up (5th best defense in the league for me last season) again and get into the top three and hope that they execute in every single big game otherwise we can't win.
That was well said! It's nothing personal about Dak!

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
But you’re not comparing QB’s. You were using team records.

And Romo didn’t start 14 seasons which is an obvious attempt to spin the comparison anyway . Lol
He was on the roster. Take that how you'd like my friend. No spin. See you have me mistaken for a Romo hater for some reason.
Not the case.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I agree but that doesn’t mean we cant critique.

Ultimately Jerry rides the wave. If Dak falls out of favor with the public and or fans then he will feel the wrath much like other stars before him have.

Although Dak has one key intangible factor in his favor in Jerry appears determined to prove he didn’t make a mistake putting Romo to the curb. And no one looks to be safe while Jerry’s pursuing to prove.

That’s how I see it.
100% correct. And I have. There's lots I want Prescott to be better at. Critique away, if I disagree I disagree. But he was thrown in as a rookie and didn't get groomed by vets for 3 years. It's a different story in ways, but the same in others.

Remember when Romo played well in the preseason as a back-up? I was itching for him to play. I love the underdog. It never lined up and some was on his style and ability.

I respect Prescott, you may not. He's the next underdog and I want him to get better. He has.

As far as your take on public influence dictating Prescott's roster spot, meh....I don't see that. He's earned his spot. Maybe you're sore? Many Romo fans were and still are. I've been on the sideline for a long time and I'm a little desensitized. Next man up. I personally got tired of Romo getting injured. He's a good man too. Hated him getting blasted. But I was able to move on. I think you may hold onto things longer. Not judging, I'm just different.

I'm simply rooting for the young kid. Unless you have a better option?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
100% correct. And I have. There's lots I want Prescott to be better at. Critique away, if I disagree I disagree. But he was thrown in as a rookie and didn't get groomed by vets for 3 years. It's a different story in ways, but the same in others.

Remember when Romo played well in the preseason as a back-up? I was itching for him to play. I love the underdog. It never lined up and some was on his style and ability.

I respect Prescott, you may not. He's the next underdog and I want him to get better. He has.

As far as your take on public influence dictating Prescott's roster spot, meh....I don't see that. He's earned his spot. Maybe you're sore? Many Romo fans were and still are. I've been on the sideline for a long time and I'm a little desensitized. Next man up. I personally got tired of Romo getting injured. He's a good man too. Hated him getting blasted. But I was able to move on. I think you may hold onto things longer. Not judging, I'm just different.

I'm simply rooting for the young kid. Unless you have a better option?
I wasn’t attached to Romo and don’t play favorites. I just want the best available who I thought when Romo returned was the guy.

I dont care about underdogs, etc. And your right. We currently don’t have better options at this time.

I’m rooting for Dak but it doesn’t mean I don’t see his weaknesses and will call them out like I did with Romo which I was bashed for too.

And thanks. I appreciate your candor.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He was on the roster. Take that how you'd like my friend. No spin. See you have me mistaken for a Romo hater for some reason.
Not the case.
Surely you know how many seasons he started? And played?

No, I don’t think you’re a Romo hater but in this case you purposely spun the facts to support your case.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Surely you know how many seasons he started? And played?

No, I don’t think you’re a Romo hater but in this case you purposely spun the facts to support your case.
We had a back and forth where you admit to lying to spin things to fit your agenda. I don't think you get to criticize people for spinning anything.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We had a back and forth where you admit to lying to spin things to fit your agenda. I don't think you get to criticize people for spinning anything.
If you can call it out so can I.

But he wasn’t lying nor was I. Just spinning facts to support our narratives.

Last edited:

black label

Reaction score
Dude, it's manly to hug guys. If you're not comfortable enough in your manliness to hug a buddy at certain times, you might want to see a therapist.
tumblr_inline_n3pxzpAXhQ1sohk3w.gif