Is Dak elite?

gtb1943

Reaction score
What can you do about it? Will the constant complaining make it better. Maybe we can get a good pass rusher out if that. What's done is done. Enjoy the win, for heaven's sakes.
You want to whine about it fine
no one is going to change a thing because you don;t like the fact that Jethro screwed the pooch

Slick

Reaction score
Hey, if it makes you feel better to constantly bring it up, get after it. All I know is that we won and a player's paycheck isn't gonna ruin that for me.
Maybe you should look at the bigger picture? Understand how his salary is handicapping the team. It’s not that difficult.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Arguable imo. He always come thru in the regular season.

Pittsburgh is one of the best defenses in the league, particularly in the red zone. Cousins (500 yards last week) and Herbert couldn't move the ball on them.

And he had 2/3 of a team, including injuries to Cooks, and while the defense played well...it's a challenge to win a game without Parsons and Lawrence. I bet no general football fan predicted us to win without our top 2 defensive players. I'm seeing QBs this year lose a lot when they had injuries...like Stafford, Purdy, etc.

I'd imagine he'd be Top 6 in Mahomes Mountain this week.

That last drive was awesome.... great throw, put it where he trust Tolbert could catch it, and Tolbert caught it.
Dak has to overcome himself. Not elite

stiletto

Reaction score
My problem with Dak is he is WORSE at some things he used to be great at. His decision making used to be better, it seems he can't see the field as well anymore, and he can no longer use his legs to keep defense honest. He looks like he is running in thick concrete. So he is not elite and he has to win in spite of screwing up 1/2 the time. He makes some good plays then makes a bonehead one that erases all the good ones he had 5 plays earlier.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
he cannot admit that the FO screwed the pooch
It's not about not understanding how it affects the roster...we all see that. It's about not being able to admit that the squealing isn't gonna change it....just a waste if time that takes the enjoyment of winning the game away from some fans.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Arguable imo. He always come thru in the regular season.

Pittsburgh is one of the best defenses in the league, particularly in the red zone. Cousins (500 yards last week) and Herbert couldn't move the ball on them.

And he had 2/3 of a team, including injuries to Cooks, and while the defense played well...it's a challenge to win a game without Parsons and Lawrence. I bet no general football fan predicted us to win without our top 2 defensive players. I'm seeing QBs this year lose a lot when they had injuries...like Stafford, Purdy, etc.

I'd imagine he'd be Top 6 in Mahomes Mountain this week.

That last drive was awesome.... great throw, put it where he trust Tolbert could catch it, and Tolbert caught it.
He is a good QB but not elite. I just don't think he should command 60 million per. year. He played a terrible game. Almost single-handedly lost the game for us.

People here are upset that I'm disappointed with Dak. He should be playing better. Lamb and him should already be on the same page. So far he has been playing average.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No.

That is why the FO is making no changes. Fans are gullible and have been since for 20+ yrs.

Other teams have rebuilt without sacrificing their future on lesser talent, but hey……they love their guys!
They love their guys as much as some love to squeal about things they can't control.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak has the potential to be elite. At times during games, his elite gene shows up. Dak's issue is he takes too many risks at times when it's better to be a little conservative, especially in the red zone, but you can't blame him at times due to lack of proven veteran weapons. Still, Dak's elite gene showed up during the last drive, showed up and took control for the win. If Dak can control his at times risky throws, he can become elite.

stiletto

Reaction score
He is a good QB but not elite. I just don't think he should command 60 million per. year. He played a terrible game. Almost single-handedly lost the game for us.

People here are upset that I'm disappointed with Dak. He should be playing better. Lamb and him should already be on the same page. So far he has been playing average.
You'd think he'd be a really good STEADY veteran now in his 9th year but frankly, he is probably more shaky than he used to be overall. Should be concerning to even the biggest Dak-vidians

ClintDagger

Reaction score
He’s an elite backup / bottom half of the league starter. He’s capable of massive highs and head scratching lows.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ok...enough of this crap! I'm gonna enjoy the win. You guys have a good night and may your dreams be full of Jerry and Dak holding hands and playing hop scotch.

Slick

Reaction score
Dak has the potential to be elite. At times during games, his elite gene shows up. Dak's issue is he takes too many risks at times when it's better to be a little conservative, especially in the red zone, but you can't blame him at times due to lack of proven veteran weapons. Still, Dak's elite gene showed up during the last drive, showed up and took control for the win. If Dak can control his at times risky throws, he can become elite.
This alone says he’s not elite. You’re talking yourself into believing it. Jerry owns you.