Is Dak elite?

Slick

Reaction score
Ok...enough of this crap! I'm gonna enjoy the win. You guys have a good night and may your dreams be full of Jerry and Dak holding hands and playing hop scotch.
Keep helping Jerry hop scotch to the bank with your cash instead of being held accountable. You’re the exact reason nothing has changed. I’m hoping you have a little ice in that Kool Aid.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Keep helping Jerry hop scotch to the bank with your cash instead of being held accountable. You’re the exact reason nothing has changed. I’m hoping you have a little ice in that Kool Aid.
Ice cream goes better with rootbeer. You're still here....what the hell does that say about you? At least I'm not a hypocrite

rocknrobcowboy

Reaction score
GZQ4ciNWMAER_9a

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
No, am old enough to remember when the Cowboys really were America’s Team. Not a cheap copy that’s been using that once great and true title that hasn’t been earned after Jimmy left.

Know your history son. It’ll do you good.
Son? I'm probably older than you. Grow up, dude.

Slick

Reaction score
I am not, but it shouldn't matter to you, since you aren't old enough to vote. And, I already had a good evening, because we won and the whiners are whining! Go Cowboys!
Yet you aren’t old enough to remember what real QBs and leaders were like? You think Dak is any leader at all? You think tonight was a great win?

That was not good football. Go back to when Jimmy coached. That was football 101. No lessons have been learned. Mr Landry coached football, and his players had respect for him and the game. That’s not what we saw today or in many years.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yet you aren’t old enough to remember what real QBs and leaders were like? You think Dak is any leader at all? You think tonight was a great win?

That was not good football. Go back to when Jimmy coached. That was football 101. No lessons have been learned. Mr Landry coached football, and his players had respect for him and the game. That’s not what we saw today or in many years.
When did I say he was a leader? Stop pulling crap outta your backside! The past was great, but Jimmy can't help us now. Grow up

spice

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Ice cream goes better with rootbeer. You're still here....what the hell does that say about you? At least I'm not a hypocrite
Do you really like that float I never could stand that one so you must know where every sonic is?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Arguable imo. He always come thru in the regular season.

Pittsburgh is one of the best defenses in the league, particularly in the red zone. Cousins (500 yards last week) and Herbert couldn't move the ball on them.

And he had 2/3 of a team, including injuries to Cooks, and while the defense played well...it's a challenge to win a game without Parsons and Lawrence. I bet no general football fan predicted us to win without our top 2 defensive players. I'm seeing QBs this year lose a lot when they had injuries...like Stafford, Purdy, etc.

I'd imagine he'd be Top 6 in Mahomes Mountain this week.

That last drive was awesome.... great throw, put it where he trust Tolbert could catch it, and Tolbert caught it.
On a night where he threw three interceptions, you're asking if Dak is elite? He's barely a bigger asset than he is a liability. That game had no business being close but Dak played poor enough to make it so. Thanks to our defense, Dak's screw up's didn't cost us the game. Ugly win!

plasticman

Reaction score
In what context?

As a strong arm passer? A speedy dual threat?

As a complete quarterback, an efficient field general?

As a leader?

As a winner?

As a champion?

Most would say it is a combination of all these but in what proportions? Which attributes are most desirable when labeling a QB as elite?

Since the object of the game is to win and the object of a team is to be the best, measured in championships, I'm going to suggest the last two attributes I listed.

However, as is typically the case, accolades come after the achievement and not before.

A quarterback is elite if his play contributes to a high winning percentage of his team's games in addition to a number of championships relevant to the length of his career.

Elite:

Tom Brady
Joe Montana
John Elway
Roger Staubach
Patrick Mahomes
Troy Aikman
Ben Roethlisberger
Bart Starr
Jim Plunkett
Peyton Manning
Terry Bradshaw

Many would argue that the stats must account for something. I would argue that it isn't necessary, the stats are simply the by-product of elite performances that win a high percentage of games while earning championships.

In fact, when you look at relevant stats, the majority of these names are at the top of the list.

Elite mean "cream of the crop", "best of the best", "top 1%"

In NFL history, dating back 90 years, 593 quarterbacks have thrown at least 200 passes. If I was to take 2% of that number it would equal close to 11, the number of "elite" quarterbacks that I listed.