Is Dak gonna be signed this week?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That's a six game stretch so while it isn't everything, it certainly isn't nothing either. Ultimately though my argument is that Lamb doesn't need to have 1700 yard seasons to justify his salary. If Dak were to move on the Cowboys would have the financial flexibility to invest in the run game and another WR to complement Lamb. The value of a top WR isn't always the numbers they bring but the attention they bring to dictate coverage and alignments.

I don't have any faith in Jerry fully building out this team while handicap by the contracts that are about to hit.
That was a six game stretch when we had a really good team. Having Amari Cooper opposite CeeDee against Minnesota in 2021 really helped. The defense played exceptionally well in all the games we won with Rush. In the game, we lost to Philly in 2022 with Rush, CeeDee had five catches for 68 yards and no TDs. Certainly not a terrible game but his overall numbers with Rush wouldn’t justify him resetting the WR market. The team doesn’t look as talented as it was the last time Cooper Rush started a game.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Pretty much every QB signed this offseason makes more than Mahomes.
That is because Mahomes came out and said he does not want big money since he already has enough and just wants his legacy to be a QB that wins SB's, Dak not so much. But of course Dak does not play for the money necessarily...yeah right!

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
they should let him just play out the season then.
Right, and if does really good and takes "his" team to anywhere close to the SB, then work with him for an extension, but don't pay him anymore money until after the season.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And is this not a explanation based on feelings?
How so? I acknowledge the Dak is a great regular season quarterback. Unfortunately in the playoffs he gets a look of confusion on his face and throws away too many interceptions that cost the team. And his age and injury history I just do not think that he's going to last much longer. So I do not see him ever getting over the hump that he has gotten himself into.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
How so? I acknowledge the Dak is a great regular season quarterback. Unfortunately in the playoffs he gets a look of confusion on his face and throws away too many interceptions that cost the team. And his age and injury history I just do not think that he's going to last much longer. So I do not see him ever getting over the hump that he has gotten himself into.
That’s a fair stance. Though I don’t agree you have every right to feel that way after the past performance against GB.

I can’t say he won’t last longer based on the season he had last year.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
If they sign him 60

If they sign him for more than what Patrick Mahomes makes then that will just show the world how dumb they really are.
Everyone already knows how dumb the Cowboys are. Prescott’s status as a no trade candidate and in the last year of his contract proves that.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Maybe Rush would implode, but I'm not sure how that's relevant here? We bash the defense but after the Eagles game through the end of the season they only gave up 20ppg. They had some serious let downs like the Jacksonville game, but they were very good overall. Even this past season we talk about how bad the defense was, but they were 5th in the league at 18.5ppg gave up 20 or fewer points 11 times last season.

This is really why I don't fear moving on from an offensive skill player. The NFL is still a defense based league. If you have a really strong defense you're going to win a lot of game. Outside of the Seattle game where Dak really bailed us out this team won when the defense held a team under 20 points and lost when they didnt. I would assume pretty similar results in 2022 as well.
Well....there aren't many QBs that can bail a bad defense out multiple times per year. Mahomes that's it.

I wouldn't trot out Rush or Lance for an entire year. I'd rather see if this future roster with some new blood can elevate, if not this year then next year.

ICP

Reaction score
I have every confidence that he will and for way too much money. It's the Cowboy way