Is Dak gonna be signed this week?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
True. But how many chances does he get?

His track record speaks for itself.
How many chances has he had? A real chance is when you go for it and go all in….does he have issues in the playoffs lately? Yes. Do I feel like this front office has done enough for McCarthy and co to win a SB? No.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
How many chances has he had? A real chance is when you go for it and go all in….does he have issues in the playoffs lately? Yes. Do I feel like this front office has done enough for McCarthy and co to win a SB? No.
Yeah, so just pay him anyway to be a loser with this team, huh? smh. Same response KJJ would give.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Maybe but maybe not....Tyreek Hill downgraded at QB but still led the league in receiving last year. Mike Evans broke 1200 yards with Baker Mayfield, Amari Cooper broke 1250 with most of his balls coming from Flacco and Thompson-Robinson. DJ Moore put up 1300 yards with a now backup QB. Jamaar Chase did it with mostly snap from a back up QB. Davante Adam, Micheal Pittman, George Pickens, DeAndre Hopkins, Chris Olave, DK Metcalf, Garrett Wilson, Chris Godwin, Adam Theiland, Terry McLaurin all put up over 1000 yards last year with lesser QBs than Dak, some of those really bad QBs.
Tyreek Hill led the league in receiving because although he downgraded at QB, Tua it still pretty good and he has another dynamic receiver opposite him. Miami is loaded with speed at WR. There’s a big drop off between CeeDee and the rest of our receivers. Cooks is good, but there’s still a big drop off. The QBs we have behind Dak are a sizable drop off from Tua and even Mayfield. Mike Evans puts up yards regardless the QB because he’s a physical jump ball receiver. You can just throw balls up to him and allow him to win a battle ala Dez Bryant. Joe Flacco is a lot better than what we have behind Dak. Amari Cooper had a 100 yard game with Cooper Rush. It’s a mistake to use other teams as an example. I’m not saying CeeDee can’t produce with another QB but I don’t see him putting up 1700+ yards and 135 catches with an average QB. When Cooper Rush was our QB, CeeDee didn’t have a single 100 yard game in 5 games.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Tyreek Hill led the league in receiving because although he downgraded at QB, Tua it still pretty good and he has another dynamic receiver opposite him. Miami is loaded with speed at WR. There’s a big drop off between CeeDee and the rest of our receivers. Cooks is good, but there’s still a big drop off. The QBs we have behind Dak are a sizable drop off from Tua and even Mayfield. Mike Evans puts up yards regardless the QB because he’s a physical jump ball receiver. You can just throw balls up to him and allow him to win a battle ala Dez Bryant. Joe Flacco is a lot better than what we have behind Dak. Amari Cooper had a 100 yard game with Cooper Rush. It’s a mistake to use other teams as an example. I’m not saying CeeDee can’t produce with another QB but I don’t see him putting up 1700+ yards and 135 catches with an average QB. When Cooper Rush was our QB, CeeDee didn’t have a single 100 yard game in 5 games.
I agree that Dak is better than Cooper Rush .......... but I do not want Cooper Rush as our starting QB either.

Although I will miss this gif

la-liga-what-a-rush.gif

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
So in 8 years he has beaten one team in the playoffs with a winning record.

$60M+ per year??? Someone please put the cookoo back in the clock.

There is no justification for that kind of contract.
Yet he’s still on the roster. Why can’t Jerry see the obvious?

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Sure but the idea is that you'd acquire a better QB than Cooper Rush if Dak were to move on after next season. Maybe that's Trey Lance, but maybe that is going the FA or trade route too. It'll be tough to find better than Dak on the open market, but it wont be hard to find better than Rush.

Still with that said even with Rush Lamb had the following....

7 for 75 yards against Cincinnati
8 for 87 against NY
6 for 97 against Washington
5 for 53 against LA
5 for 68 against Philly
6 for 112 against Minnesota

Over 17 games that pace comes out to 104 catches for 1400 yards. I think Lamb is going to get his either way.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Sure but the idea is that you'd acquire a better QB than Cooper Rush if Dak were to move on after next season. Maybe that's Trey Lance, but maybe that is going the FA or trade route too. It'll be tough to find better than Dak on the open market, but it wont be hard to find better than Rush.

8 for 87 against NY
5 for 53 against LA
5 for 68 against Philly

Over 17 games that pace comes out to 104 catches for 1400 yards. I think Lamb is going to get his either way.
That 112 yard game was against Minnesota in 2021. Amari Cooper also broke 100 yards receiving in that game. I just don’t see CeeDee putting up the kind of numbers to justify what might be a $35 million per year contract with a lesser QB than Dak. He and Dak have had some great chemistry. On paper the team doesn’t look that impressive and if we throw in an average QB in 2025, it could get ugly.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That 112 yard game was against Minnesota in 2021. Amari Cooper also broke 100 yards receiving in that game. I just don’t see CeeDee putting up the kind of numbers to justify what might be a $35 million per year contract with a lesser QB than Dak. He and Dak have had some great chemistry.
And they both have nice leg tattoos. CD can do just as good with a different QB. You act as if Dak is all World.

( i like talking to kjj, he has me on ignore) lmao

Yobwocs

Reaction score

8 for 87 against NY
5 for 53 against LA
5 for 68 against Philly

Rush was gonna implode after the Eagles. Defense went on a stretch from Chicago thru the 2nd Eagles game where they went back to the old defense.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
That 112 yard game was against Minnesota in 2021. Amari Cooper also broke 100 yards receiving in that game. I just don’t see CeeDee putting up the kind of numbers to justify what might be a $35 million per year contract with a lesser QB than Dak. He and Dak have had some great chemistry.
That's a six game stretch so while it isn't everything, it certainly isn't nothing either. Ultimately though my argument is that Lamb doesn't need to have 1700 yard seasons to justify his salary. If Dak were to move on the Cowboys would have the financial flexibility to invest in the run game and another WR to complement Lamb. The value of a top WR isn't always the numbers they bring but the attention they bring to dictate coverage and alignments.

I don't have any faith in Jerry fully building out this team while handicap by the contracts that are about to hit.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Rush was gonna implode after the Eagles. Defense went on a stretch from Chicago thru the 2nd Eagles game where they went back to the old defense.
Maybe Rush would implode, but I'm not sure how that's relevant here? We bash the defense but after the Eagles game through the end of the season they only gave up 20ppg. They had some serious let downs like the Jacksonville game, but they were very good overall. Even this past season we talk about how bad the defense was, but they were 5th in the league at 18.5ppg gave up 20 or fewer points 11 times last season.

This is really why I don't fear moving on from an offensive skill player. The NFL is still a defense based league. If you have a really strong defense you're going to win a lot of game. Outside of the Seattle game where Dak really bailed us out this team won when the defense held a team under 20 points and lost when they didnt. I would assume pretty similar results in 2022 as well.