Is Dak only a Tier 2 QB?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I’m not attempting to prove anything. I’ll let others decide for themselves . I made my case in public view for all to see. Let the chips fall where they may.
What kind of hero are you? Imagine if Batman said I'll just let the people deal with it....

Shame on you for throwing all your hard work and "crusade" down the drain because you can't stand behind your own words.

Pitiful, really. I don't know how one can come back from this.

Flamma

Reaction score
I don't get the obsession with ranking Dak. Dak is not among the elite, so what difference does it make where you place him? Put him anywhere you want, it doesn't change who he is. Do you like what you see or not? Because ranking him this tier or that, top 5, 10, or 15, doesn't change who he is.

It's like trying to decide whether or not you want 10 singles, two fives, or a five and five singles, what does it matter, it's never going to add to 20.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What kind of hero are you? Imagine if Batman said I'll just let the people deal with it....

Shame on you for throwing all your hard work and "crusade" down the drain because you can't stand behind your own words.

We shall see. And it’s been fun entertainment for me. Most challenging or work was coming up with new subjects for Dak. Lol

I didn’t know going in that some of the Dak Trolls would heed the call. But I see now why these trolls are attracted to our forum. So many take the bait.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
We shall see. And it’s been fun entertainment for me. Most challenging or work was coming up with new subjects for Dak. Lol

I didn’t know going in that some of the Dak Trolls would heed the call. But I see now why these trolls are attracted to our forum. So many take the bait.
You talk as if you're done. Why?

Because you now have put yourself into a corner, talked a little too much, accused the wrong ones, and now have someone that is going to offer you a deal on every thread you post just to show that you don't stand by anything you claim?

You took L on this one and your miserable self proclaimed "crusade" accomplished nothing but exposing your own self.

Good job, kiddo!

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Because you now have put yourself into a corner, talked a little too much, accused the wrong ones, and now have someone that is going to offer you a deal on every thread you post just to show that you don't stand by anything you claim?

You took L on this one and your miserable self proclaimed "crusade" accomplished nothing but exposing your own self.

Good job, kiddo!
Ok Do whatever you need to do. Lol

Flamma

Reaction score

Good job, kiddo!

I share many of your concerns with our QB. But sometimes I think people won't be happy with anything less than a first ballot hall of fame QB.

I'm not a big Dak fan. If it were up to me he would not be on the Cowboys right now. But Dak is not Trent Dilfer. He's not trash. A step or two below Tony Romo. But easily as good as Cousins. Our bigger problem is our FO putting the team around him. Do you honestly think Matt Stafford would have any more success on the Cowboys? He would have more success than on the Lions. But we'd be one and done with him too. Our main problem besides not having an elite QB is a GM who thinks we do and is an artard.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

wwhhhhaaattt?

this post clearly shows your mindset. sounds like you are on a crusade, thus assuming everybody else has your mindset...which they don't.

what is wrong with you!!!? geez dude. you need help.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I don't get the obsession with ranking Dak. Dak is not among the elite, so what difference does it make where you place him? Put him anywhere you want, it doesn't change who he is. Do you like what you see or not? Because ranking him this tier or that, top 5, 10, or 15, doesn't change who he is.

It's like trying to decide whether or not you want 10 singles, two fives, or a five and five singles, what does it matter, it's never going to add to 20.
sensible post. he is not elite. the question is thus is he good enough to win with and make a championship run, therefore the 1000s of pages of arguments. extreme views on both sides. some want to just dump and go Elite QB hunting for years. some think he is elite and should build around him. truth is, teams have made runs, won with good QBs and minimally we all agree he is good, not great.

the biggest question is do we trust Jerry to be able to build a team around Dak, so we can win. 28 years say no. Is Jerry good enough to find our Elite QB in the draft? his penchant for Manziel and Lynch say no.

we are screwed either way. its hopeless situation at best.

jnday

Reaction score

You should step back and take a look at these troll accusations. A very high percentage of Cowboy fans do not like Dak . We all have different reasons for disliking him, but the reasons are still there. Dak is not liked on a league wide level either. I think you are caught up in the opinions of the Dak lovers on this board and you think that all fans worships Dak like the small percentage of fans on this board does. We are not trolls because of our dislike for Dak. From your posts, you said that you know that there is one troll here, maybe more. Even if there are five known trolls here, is it worth all this fuss to expose them? They are not posting anything that our own fans are not posting. Most of our fans post comments that are far more derogatory towards Dak than anything the trolls can come up with. Let it go. One troll, maybe more, is not worth the meltdown that you are having.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
They just can't resist the urge to comment about the deep hatred they have for Prescott. page after page of posts saying "I don't care."
Lol

Flamma

Reaction score
sensible post. he is not elite. the question is thus is he good enough to win with and make a championship run, therefore the 1000s of pages of arguments. extreme views on both sides. some want to just dump and go Elite QB hunting for years. some think he is elite and should build around him. truth is, teams have made runs, won with good QBs and minimally we all agree he is good, not great.

the biggest question is do we trust Jerry to be able to build a team around Dak, so we can win. 28 years say no. Is Jerry good enough to find our Elite QB in the draft? his penchant for Manziel and Lynch say no.

we are screwed either way. its hopeless situation at best.

Right. We have to hope one of two things happen. We have to hit on 5-6 all pro impact players in back to back drafts. Hope that the Jones boys change course and decide to go for it in one off season.

dckid

Reaction score
With Dallas Cowboys training camp practices on the horizon, eyes will be on the field for the first time in a while. The person that will likely be the center of attention is the face of the franchise, quarterback Dak Prescott.

Prescott is to many a highly regarded talent in the league, but according to a survey by The Athletic of 50 coaches and executives across the NFL, Prescott is a Tier 2 quarterback. In fact, he comes in just outside of the top 10 at No. 11.

Tier 1:
1. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers (1.00 Voting Average)
2. Patrick Mahomes, Kansas City Chiefs (1.02)
3. Tom Brady, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1.16)
4. Josh Allen, Buffalo Bills (1.22)
5. Justin Herbert, Los Angeles Chargers (1.28)
6. Joe Burrow, Cincinnati Bengals (1.34)
Tier 2:
7. Matthew Stafford, Los Angeles Rams (1.68)
8. Russell Wilson, Denver Broncos (1.72)
9. Deshaun Watson, Cleveland Browns (1.88)
10. Lamar Jackson, Baltimore Ravens (2.00)
11. Dak Prescott, Dallas Cowboys (2.10)
12. Derek Carr, Las Vegas Raiders (2.10)
13. Kyler Murray, Arizona Cardinals (2.32)
14. Matt Ryan, Indianapolis Colts (2.46)

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/dallas-rumor-update-quarterback-dak-prescott-training-camp
Yep, this is accurate.
He will never be tier 1, guys like Wilson and Watson will probably get back. Lamar can ascend to that level. Stafford is older and has fallen off the first tier but he was there from a talent perspective.

Dak is ~ to Cousins and Carr.