Video: Is Dak Prescott A Top QB In NFL

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You seemed to justify his decision in the end by acting like he had no choice but to sign Dak at that price.
But what choice did he have? Hadn't he and his son been selling Prescott to the fans? He boxed himself in just like he did when he was negotiating with Romo.

I also think Booger's ego needs these big contracts as part of his showing off. He likes his stars and likes paying them.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The fact that some ppl still think he is Elite is ABSURD
DAK is mediocre.

He is a greats guy.
But just as la clapper... he simply does not have what it takes
he is not elite....the way he played last year and first half of this year, he was clearly a top 10...the second half of the season, not so much.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Of course he had choices . No doubt. And In the end after all of the other poor choices , he didn’t have a choice if he wanted to keep him.

What you’re not grasping is the choices and why he made them is a huge part of my criticism .

I just look deeper into what motivates our owner to make the decisions he does and how he probably justifies them.

Let's say Jerry let him test the market and another team signs him. Would you have applauded the decision?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
We really need to stop over investing in key talent on offense at WR and RB. Continue drafting well at those positions , keep revamping OL and invest in defense.

Thats the key to winning a championship without an Elite QB. Run the ball well and stop the run with a suffocating defense.
we over invested in Running game. for a declinging player and a position that's easily replaced in the NFL, with rookies often having high impact.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He condones violence against officials and calls fans that criticize him or the team after bad play "bandwagon fans".

His "class", as you say, is just as overrated as his abilities to play QB.

his comment was a mistake. but its the only I remember, so I am not going to terrorize his character because of one statement in an emotional moment. I think you over generalize and your pendelum has swang too far to the other side, where the truth is somewhere in the middle. don't be emotional about this

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
As 31 GM polled stated.....Tier 3 QB and headed for Tier 4 at some next year against a 1st place schedule.....
1st place schedule is totally meaningless. I wish fans would realize. in past it only impacted 2 games out of 16. now its 3 games out of 17. and year to year it differs....Pats played a erd place schedule this year. ended up being the cowboys who finished first in the division. its called that, just to standardize the scheduling.....and seemingly fair...

I don't understand why people keep bringing up the 1st, place, vs. 2nd place schedule

Sheepherder

Reaction score
Dak is top 10 playing against bad teams.

He drops to middle of the pack or less when he has to play good teams or contenders. He holds the ball too long because he's afraid to make a mistake in smaller but open windows (due to his accuracy issues) and he has problems with his mechanics and reading zone defenses.
I have a question. If they were to get a running game going, should, that not make life a little easier for Dak?

Swagger

Reaction score
The slogan, Dak to the future, is the best part lf his game/profile.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
This isn't about emotions (maybe for you) this is about REALITY and I'm not referring to the Bossman here.....
naw, some of you all have totally emotional hate for Dak and often speak that way.

I am probably the absolute most logical person here.....I only care about cowboys. I don't care about a single player the way you or Bossman do.....and I don't have an agenda.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Players in general should get paid on their performance. Time & time again we've seen rookies excel & once the rookie contract is over & they land a big payday, their play just goes south, permanently.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
I have a question. If they were to get a running game going, should, that not make life a little easier for Dak?
Get the best Oline, Best Defense, Best Wr's, Best RB, Best Kicker, Best coaches in the NFL on one team and Dak may win you one playoff game.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
That is the key and I believe that is why Zeke got the big $ contract (unfortunately that hasn't worked out so well). They have to have a high production run game to let Dak be successful along with top WR's. I also believe he would benefit from a top tier HC. Unfortunately, a good QB needs a very strong supporting cast along with a top D and a top D doesn't seem to fit Jerry's view of football and I believe he believes the O is #1. There's always next year a recuring theme in Dallas.
Get the best Oline, Best Defense, Best Wr's, Best RB, Best Kicker, Best coaches in the NFL on one team and Dak may win you one playoff game.
And your solution to the problem is............ who you gonna replace him with?

RomoplusDezEquals7

Reaction score
His scouting profiles says the same thing, meaning it is who he is. There isn’t “something that happened and I don’t get it”. It happens year in and year out. People are having a hard time accepting he is, who he is.

Exactly. This isn't something new. Dak has been this way his whole career. Jerry paid top 5 money for an average to slightly above average QB. It isn't a slump. There isn't something wrong. He has shown this over and over for 6 years.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
It would help some, but it's not going to improve his skill as a QB. He's looked average and sometimes bad recently, at least from the all 22's that I've seen where Kurt Warner dissects his play. Only from analyzing all of these videos of the games in the season can one see if Dak is the issue on a play or not, i.e., not knowing the defense, if he held the ball too long, if he should've thrown it to a receiver at such and such a point, etc., or if it wasn't his fault because a play broke down in some other sense. That's what the Cowboys organization has to assess.

RomoplusDezEquals7

Reaction score
This shouldn't even be a discussion anymore.

The discussion should now be: What do we do the next 3 years to have a solid team in place for a real QB to take over when Dak's contract is up?

I think the Cowboys can move on in two more seasons without a cap hit, but I could be wrong. It's time to draft a QB. It's easier to make an argument he's 15-20 then top 10 at this point.