Video: Is Dak Prescott A Top QB In NFL

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Their opinions of Dak would be totally different if he continued to play the way he did the first seven games of the season. They picked Herbert ahead of him and although he has great potential he hasn’t been to the playoffs and he lost to Dak in week two. Herbert didn’t come through in a do or die game for the Chargers late in the season. They knocked Dak's 1-3 playoff record and one of them referred to Lamar Jackson as a winner when he has the same 1-3 playoff record. Jackson only played well in one playoff game. Lamar Jackson was 7-5 this season. Dak played well in all his playoff games except last Sunday.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Pet peeve, but can we stop talking about "Top 10" in a league with only 32 teams? Doesn't mean much to be borderline top 1/3 in anything.
Basically we have the teams with Elite QB’s and the rest either trying to find a QB or building around a lesser QB.

Unfortunately there’s only so many to go around . You either keep swinging for the fences or you try and build around a good average QB.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Sorry. It’s difficult for me to respond to a hypothetical scenario without knowing the specifics which led up to it.

But if they let him walk without making decisions or preparations leading up to it could have set the franchise back until we found another QB.

That seems to be making the case that they're damned if they do or don't. Everything being the same, I think if he got the same contract on another team you would have to argue Dallas dodged a bullet, right?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Pet peeve, but can we stop talking about "Top 10" in a league with only 32 teams? Doesn't mean much to be borderline top 1/3 in anything.
I agree and disagree with you....I think top 10 out of 32 teams is pretty good....but i'm tired of hearing top anything. I'm tired of it all.

I'm tired of hearing Dak being top 10 when he's struggled.
I'm tired of hearing about top 3 receiver group when they lead the league in drops.
I'm tired of hearing about the best running back tandem......
I'm tired of hearing about Micah being the best...

Who cares if you are top 10? Who the hell said Bengals had a top 10 receiving group? But you know what they are playing like it.

I heard nobody say anything about the 49ers receiving group and they sure tore up our receivers.....Brandon Aiyuk made Diggs his *****. Nevermind Deebo.......

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I always thought that Dak needs to be challenged by a backup QB. Long before the Dak hater posts started in the second half of the season. Ever since that foot injury the Cowboys should have looked for a better QB than Rush etc...

I'm not on a vendetta on Dak, don't worry. Come next season I'll cheer for him again just as much as for all the other guys. It's my team after all. In Bad times and in bad times. But off season is for reflection and bringing all the shortcomings to the table. And Dak has been one of them unfortunately.
We should be competitive in all positions.....the problem is outside of rush, who else was available? I was clamoring for Mr. Mustache from Jax and was upset it took a 6th round pick to trade for him.....he is not a really good starter, but can hold things up and push the starting QB.... he was heck of a lot better than Rush and what did we end up with the 6th round pick?

I don't advocate for drafting a position for the sake of drafting for the position, but if the player is there and highly rated, then you take him.....you never know.

with that said, not sure what caused the collapse in second half of the season, but hoping that we can recover from it. we defintley need to rebuild the OL and Dak needs to get back to his fundamentals. I can't stress enough how bad his foot work was last half of the season.

BBGTYCOON

Reaction score
In salary Yes, in ALL other important metrics relative to a NFL QB's proficiency NO, heck NO!!!!!!

visionary

Reaction score
The way Dak played against the better defences he is not a top 10 QB

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Jerry did it with a much better QB in 2016, so there is always precedent…

Dak’s contract is a sunk cost if you are trying to win. He’s only relevant, because of a garbage NFC East that is at its worst in decades. If the rookie QB is better, start him and then let Dak waive his no-trade clause and let a garbage team pick him.
The Jones listen to the media and sign contracts accordingly..they are not qualified to run a wining sport team

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Clearly not.

1 playoff win in 6 seasons.

That’s Romo-esque.

mardwin

Reaction score
QB I would pick ahead of Dak in no specific order:

1. Rodgers - GB
  2. Brady - TB
  3. Mahomes - KC
  4. Carr - Oak
  5. Herbert - LAC
  6. Stafford - LAR
  7. Jackson - Bal
  8. Burrow - Cin
  9. Tannehill - Ten
  10. Cousins - Min
  11. Wilson - Sea
  12. Goff - Det
  13. Jones - NE
In my book, he's the 14th best QB.

BobSacamano

Reaction score
Idk. Against crap or no crap, not many QBs in this league throw twelve touchdowns in three games. I definitely believe people swing too far to either pendulum as it pertains to the Dak Prescott colloquial.

So…top ten? IMO most definitely. Is he flawed? Indubitably. Are the Cowboys able to replace him? Naw.

mardwin

Reaction score
Idk. Against crap or no crap, not many QBs in this league throw twelve touchdowns in three games. I definitely believe people swing too far to either pendulum as it pertains to the Dak Prescott colloquial.

So…top ten? IMO most definitely. Is he flawed? Indubitably. Are the Cowboys able to replace him? Naw.

Let me introduce to you Mr Nick Foles

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That seems to be making the case that they're damned if they do or don't. Everything being the same, I think if he got the same contract on another team you would have to argue Dallas dodged a bullet, right?
This is why I try to stay away from these hypothetical situations and stick to actual events.

Our situation is difficult and complex enough to cypher thru without throwing unsubstantiated hypotheticals into the mix.

Honestly I’m not sure Dak would have as much value to another team as with Jethro. But again , who knows, we haven’t had to find out.

I’d have to know the contract he received and what our actions were preceding and following addressing our next QB prospect to draw some conclusions.

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
QB I would pick ahead of Dak in no specific order:

1. Rodgers - GB
  2. Brady - TB
  3. Mahomes - KC
  4. Carr - Oak
  5. Herbert - LAC
  6. Stafford - LAR
  7. Jackson - Bal
  8. Burrow - Cin
  9. Tannehill - Ten
  10. Cousins - Min
  11. Wilson - Sea
  12. Goff - Det
  13. Jones - NE
In my book, he's the 14th best QB.

Any list that includes Cousins, Tannehill, Goff and Mac Jones ahead of Dak is laughable! As for Derek Carr he’s 0-1 in the playoffs. It took him 8 seasons to lead the Raiders to the playoffs.