Is Dak Prescott And Kirk Cousins In The Same Class?

NumOneQB

Reaction score
It’s a fair comparison. I think the locker room didn’t support Cousins in Wash, either. Which made it easier to let him go.

Flamma

Reaction score
Dak's cap hit wouldn't be issue if you didn't have so much money invested in a offensive line that's a shell of its former self. Also would help if you were getting more on your investment of guys like Lawrence and Zeke. That's a lot of salary outside of Dak that I personally could do without but for some reason fans have been brainwashed to think Dak's contract is why we can't build a proper team or higher a proper coach.

I know people keep talking about his contract. But his contract hasn't been a problem yet. It won't be a problem next year either. It's 2023 that it will become a real problem for the reason's you brought up since his cap hit spikes. They have this off season, and next off season to clean that up. That said, I think every team has issues with over paid players. What team runs a nice lean cap, getting the best for every dollar? But Jerry has ample time to clean that up.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I know people keep talking about his contract. But his contract hasn't been a problem yet. It won't be a problem next year either. It's 2023 that it will become a real problem for the reason's you brought up since his cap hit spikes. They have this off season, and next off season to clean that up. That said, I think every team has issues with over paid players. What team runs a nice lean cap, getting the best for every dollar? But Jerry has ample time to clean that up.
You are right. Nearly every team has bad contracts. Rams surely do.

rynochop

Reaction score
The Cowboys would be comparable to Washington had they followed their lead with Cousins and let Dak walk. In the three full seasons Cousins was the starter in Washington they had one losing season. In the 4 seasons since he’s left they haven’t had any winning seasons and have already wasted a first round pick on a QB that lasted only two seasons. Their record with Cousins as the full-time starter was 26-21. Their record since he left 24-41 and they’re still looking for a QB.
And they have 'real football men' in charge if I recall

Flamma

Reaction score
You are right. Nearly every team has bad contracts. Rams surely do.

Yeah, my use of the words "every team" was probably not wise. The Rams certainly don't have a lot of overpaid low impact players.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak had the NFL rushing leader 2 times in his career also.
once his rookie year. correct. so how was Cousins rookie year?

also, its not as if Minn hasn't had a running game. 3 times in the past 5 years they have been top 5,6,7 in rushing. its not just about leading rusher, but how you rush as a team.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Everyone knew Stafford had the skills. He was the #1 pick for a reason.

Dak on the other hand......
Dak didn't have the talent, that's why he dropped to 4th round.

Stafford should have won a superbowl long ago. he did need a lot of support for #1 over all pick to finally achieve it.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Dak didn't have the talent, that's why he dropped to 4th round.

Stafford should have won a superbowl long ago. he did need a lot of support for #1 over all pick to finally achieve it.
Stafford lead his team to win it though.

He is now a winner and nobody can take it from him.

You can downplay it all ya want, but I won't participate in that.

Winners win.

ICP

Reaction score
Well, neither one has ever really won anything so I guess....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Stafford lead his team to win it though.

He is now a winner and nobody can take it from him.

You can downplay it all ya want, but I won't participate in that.

Winners win.
I think you mean stafford is a champion now...but I know how you don't ever like to admit you are wrong (as you see that as a sign of weakness) ;);)

and I am not down playing anything....that's what I said in my post. stafford couldn't do it before, by himself and now he had the support and he did it. he is a CHAMPION.

champions win championship. ;):)