1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys News!
    #dallascowboys · Cowboys Fan Zone

Is Dak Prescott And Kirk Cousins In The Same Class?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by MountaineerCowboy, Feb 12, 2022.

1. zeke21

zeke21 Well-Known Member

972 Messages
    1,415 Likes Received
    The fact Stafford is finally getting dues actually makes me happy. Dude has been trashed his whole career as a 'failure' when he was playing with mostly inferior teams. If he had receivers.. the line was no good.. they got a half ok line.. the receivers went down.. the RB was a revolving door.. and their defence was leaky. And then Stafford would be trying another fourth quarter come back and throw a pick.. and get blamed for the loss. In fact.. Stafford is a better version of Romo.

However what this season shows.. is that class can be misused but it doesn't go away. Stafford always had the arm talent, smarts, accuracy etc to be an elite QB.

Which makes me think.. why don't more teams go and look for guys like Stafford or Carr that are good QBs, high draft picks.. who got sent to crap teams and have 'under performed' based on that.

Seems that Stafford wouldn't be the only one that might be able to turn it around.

Or maybe I'm just still hoping we will replace Dak with someone.. like Carr or Wilson.. and make something work in the next five years rather than watching Dak throw it all away.

Oh and the Cousins comparison is accurate.. always been accurate.. I'd have Cousins ahead on pure talent but they are almost a par. One is a 'laughing stock' and the other seen as the messiah. Go figure.

morat1959 likes this.
  2. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

24,177 Messages
    26,573 Likes Received
    i used to believe that but the Dak who played the second half of the season since the Denver game has no shot to win a SB at all

CowboysFaninHouston likes this.
  3. LACowboysFan1

LACowboysFan1 Well-Known Member

9,231 Messages
    5,911 Likes Received
    There's been a couple, not regular posters, I was referring more to those who say Dak has no talent...

4. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

43,482 Messages
    21,798 Likes Received
    There’s been more than a bunch of fans say he has no talent but no one that I’ve seen has said they would rather have Mac Jones than Parsons and Dak. I asked if anyone would and no one has responded with a yes. They would have to be crazy to.

5. john van brocklin

john van brocklin Captain Comeback

24,834 Messages
    25,081 Likes Received
    This^
    Dak aint perfect but he gives you a chance to win most games.

LACowboysFan1 likes this.
  6. LACowboysFan1

LACowboysFan1 Well-Known Member

9,231 Messages
    5,911 Likes Received
    Don't forget Dak was saddled with Garrett for his developmental years, some of his faults could probably have been corrected with proper coaching...

7. CowboyFrog

CowboyFrog Well-Known Member

6,023 Messages
    5,478 Likes Received

By this your admitting Mahomes got beat by a worse team and Burrow though..are you saying Burrow is better than Mahomes?

8. TheMarathonContinues

TheMarathonContinues Well-Known Member

56,096 Messages
    50,047 Likes Received
    I mean Dan Marino is ringless lol. Eli Manning has 2 rings. Now you can argue that Eli Manning is a better quarterback than Dan Marino....but i'd advise you not to lol.

9. TheMarathonContinues

56,096 Messages
    50,047 Likes Received
    Jamarcus Russell was also a #1 pick. Draft status means nothing. And Stafford had argubably the most dominant wide receiver of all time and did nothing. So you can sit here and claim you knew he had "skills" against college competition but even this year proved he's far from a flawless quarterback. This is what happens when you have Sean McVey at the helm and not Jason Garrett or Mike McCarthy. Rams win BECAUSE of Sean McVey not in spite of him.

CowboysFaninHouston likes this.
  10. TheMarathonContinues

56,096 Messages
    50,047 Likes Received
    Dak's cap hit wouldn't be issue if you didn't have so much money invested in a offensive line that's a shell of its former self. Also would help if you were getting more on your investment of guys like Lawrence and Zeke. That's a lot of salary outside of Dak that I personally could do without but for some reason fans have been brainwashed to think Dak's contract is why we can't build a proper team or higher a proper coach.

11. TheMarathonContinues

56,096 Messages
    50,047 Likes Received
    Denial about what? So you agree with the article that Dak had 27 touchdowns?

12. john van brocklin

john van brocklin Captain Comeback

24,834 Messages
    25,081 Likes Received
    Would love for Coach Mac to take a more active role with Dak.

13. shabazz

shabazz Well-Known Member

9,951 Messages
    16,397 Likes Received
    I have to believe those guys are either trolling or saying it tongue in cheek. There’s no way a qb can start in this league for 6 seasons and not have talent. The debate is centered on value for the dollar in regards to the salary cap. Dak is easily top 12-15…..the drop off from top tier to middle tier is apparent and the Prescotts, Carrs and Cousins are still talented quarterbacks

LACowboysFan1 and zeke21 like this.
  14. CowboyFrog

CowboyFrog Well-Known Member

6,023 Messages
    5,478 Likes Received

Come on man...unless the Owner decides to stop playing GM and make the moves in the FO happen to win..all the players careers are wasted...again you have to ignore 26 years to not see this.

15. bigE79

bigE79 Well-Known Member

5,023 Messages
    3,746 Likes Received
    Haven't the cowboys already done that? Three very good Wrs, good rbs,has had a good ol for the most part, descent te..the cowboys have given him a lot of weapons to succeed but here we are,one and done, again.

16. Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius Well-Known Member

930 Messages
    672 Likes Received
    These type of comparisons are impossible, they are the same as Dak trash Dak elite conversations. People have a vested interest on both sides, have dug in

I am a Dak guy, I make no bones about it. I think my point of view is backed by the numbers and is totally rational. I'm sure those that absolutely despise Dak feel the same way.

At this point it is what it is, it'll be what it will be. You guys think Dak is Comparable to Kirk Cousins, I think he's better. It takes all types !!!!!

5Stars likes this.
  17. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

32,262 Messages
    7,953 Likes Received
    Apples and Oranges...it's all different...cannot compare. Fake News.

SB Night...my band just made some good money playing the blues...(tips poring in). I love Sunday, so for now...all I can say is Dak is the QB of the Cowboys...win or lose, it's all good.

Time to hit me some sweet herb, grab a beer...and check what it's all about. It just has to be what it is.

18. FVSTONE

FVSTONE Well-Known Member

1,883 Messages
    1,462 Likes Received
  19. Proof

Proof Well-Known Member

9,124 Messages
    10,800 Likes Received
    because of himself lol. cook is better than zeke, diggs, thielen jefferson are better than amari, lamb and gallup, vikings defense has been better overall since 2016.

the difference is Dak is better than Cousins. and that’s with me supremely down on him

TheMarathonContinues likes this.
  20. charron

charron Well-Known Member

10,386 Messages
    10,874 Likes Received
    Yea I'd say they are in the se block of good but not great QB's.

Hadenough likes this.