Video: Is Dak Prescott is Blake Bortles 2.0?

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Loved that Cowherd went on to say that the Broncos were in a similar spot, and that Elway immediately recognized that Tebow wouldn't be the guy to take them to the Super Bowl, and went out there to get Peyton Manning and won a ring. If somehow Dallas is able to locate a top 10 QB let alone a top 5 QB available next year, they should sell their soul for him.

However, Peyton Manning had a great oline that protected him and was surrounded with weapons. Our oline sucks. Can't give Dak more than 3 secs to get rid of the ball.

Playcalling is atrocious also. Our plays take way too long to develop.

risco

Reaction score
You people seems to forget- Dak is a 4th rounder! He plays better than a 4th rounder. Just leave him be..

Romotil45

Reaction score
I have never seen sacks used as a negative for a qb before until Dak...wow.

The idiocy knows no bounds.

Yes some former professional football players believe at least some of the 45 sacks Dak has taken this year are on him. See Wiley and Whitlock video in OP. Dak can become part of the solution if he will learn to recognize pressure early and use false snap counts to see where the pressure is coming and make adjustments the problem is he doesn't not do this on a consistent basis.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
You people seems to forget- Dak is a 4th rounder! He plays better than a 4th rounder. Just leave him be..
So as long as a player meets their draft status, progression doesnt need to happen? Romo was undrafted, should all the criticisms he receives seize?

Nav22

Reaction score
Dak lol.....he feeds off the Star like a Parasite (an organism which lives in or on another organism (its host) and benefits by deriving nutrients at the other's expense)......millions and millions for a sub par playing performance as he has Zeke and the gang keeping him rich in endorsements....and now is looking forward to extending his Parasite existence as Jerry is well Jerry....
Seek help.

Reactions: CWR

Nav22

Reaction score
Yeah, Dak is totally like Bortles.

Until you see the numbers/W-L record and say, “Oh never mind, Dak is WAY better than Bortles. How silly of me to even entertain such foolishness!”

Jipper

Reaction score
Better than bortles but not as good as Brady....expectations of his play are the latter by the fan base and anything less means he is the former....got to love cowboys fans sometimes.

He has a lot of room to grow but is making progress and were winning....if he hits gallop in stride on Thursday I bet we are not having this discussion but alas with his superior arm strength he over threw him....sigh (and that was a bit of sarcasm)

CWR

Reaction score
Better than bortles but not as good as Brady....expectations of his play are the latter by the fan base and anything less means he is the former....got to love cowboys fans sometimes.

He has a lot of room to grow but is making progress and were winning....if he hits gallop in stride on Thursday I bet we are not having this discussion but alas with his superior arm strength he over threw him....sigh (and that was a bit of sarcasm)

Good post. You're absolutely correct. Some fans ignore the fact he was a raw 4th round prospect who probably shouldn't be starting until this year at the soonest. If you told me this is as good as he would get Id be disappointed, but that said he's showing improvement. I remember when he would wilt under any pressure and couldn't function without our running game killing it.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
At this point in Dak's career, I'm willing to wait and see a bit longer if he'll be able to improve enough to to remain a starter indefinitely.

Jipper

Reaction score
Good post. You're absolutely correct. Some fans ignore the fact he was a raw 4th round prospect who probably shouldn't be starting until this year at the soonest. If you told me this is as good as he would get Id be disappointed, but that said he's showing improvement. I remember when he would wilt under any pressure and couldn't function without our running game killing it.

Agreed and for me the key is whether he is improving or not....he is clearly playing better now than a year ago and doing it with a worse line

He has a lot to get better at but for being little through 2.5 years of development I'm happy....that said if he stops improving then we will have an issue....

Hadenough

Reaction score
These guys are spot on about Dak! Dak and Bortles are different. Dak has a better short game and Bortles has a better deep ball. Just like these guys said Bortles has like 16 300 yd games and Dak has one or two. Bortles has a higher ceiling and lower floor. Anyways the point is that Dak isnt good enough right now so you have to ask yourself how much better can he be. I think what you see is what you get and Dak is limited. He is slow to read defenses and has a slow delivery with no accuracy past 15 yds. all these guys are defensive players and they are seeing that Dak doesnt push the ball down field so why not bring your safetys up and force Dak to try to go over the top. He wont do it! I just dont see the Cowboys making a run in the playoffs because the rest of the team has to carry Dak! Its not an equal share of the load!

ejthedj

Reaction score
This is absurd. Dak's worst year is better statistically than Bortles' best year. Dak is a better thrower and runner than Bortles, and it's not close

Dbeastmode21

Reaction score
This is absurd. Dak's worst year is better statistically than Bortles' best year. Dak is a better thrower and runner than Bortles, and it's not close
It isn't and it shows how silly people can be.the more cowboys win the more hates he get.and please don't bring up Tony romo who has 2 playoffs wins in 13 years.get the hell out of here.in daks first year he gets us in to the playoffs and It seems like this year we have a good shot to reach the playoffs again.

DanA

Reaction score
The problem for me though is I don't think I could name 10 QB's worse than Dak that are starting in the league. I mean you've probably got the three rookies (Allen, Rosen, Darnold) who get a pass, and then probably Keenan, Bortles and Eli. Dak is probably the next worst QB or close too (I'm probably forgetting 1 or 2).

Ken

Reaction score
Yes some former professional football players believe at least some of the 45 sacks Dak has taken this year are on him. See Wiley and Whitlock video in OP. Dak can become part of the solution if he will learn to recognize pressure early and use false snap counts to see where the pressure is coming and make adjustments the problem is he doesn't not do this on a consistent basis.
And some former professional football players know that every qb is responsible for at least some of their sacks as well.

Glad we cleared that up.

risco

Reaction score
So as long as a player meets their draft status, progression doesnt need to happen? Romo was undrafted, should all the criticisms he receives seize?

I'm not saying he shouldn't do things to get better. He's still young. I'm sure he will do better and do the things to get better. You have to remember also- all he has heard is protect the football and not throw INTs. Well, that has backfired somewhat because taking a sack also come with the risk of losing the football. I don't think any of the cowboys coaches have ask Dak to "just let it fly..." "Don't worry by INTs." "Just let it fly." I think the kid will get better. He hears and sees enough criticism that he will either get better or get gone... None of us have to worry about that. If he's bad the organization will move on- simple as that... Moving on from Dak is not on the organization timeline just yet... so just let it be. Getting on this board harping about Dak this and that is simple pointless to me...