Video: Is Dak Prescott is Blake Bortles 2.0?

TWOK11

Reaction score
I think both are equal. both are just bus driver qbs who can not compete passes past twenty yards. they both know how to run when they have to. the throw to gallop in the fourth quarter was awful. I really do not like comparing romo to dak but romo hits that throw with his eyes closed. Prescott has to make that throw.

Blake Bortles career stats:
59% completions
102 TDs
78 INTs
1.3 TD/INT ratio
6.2 YPA
8 rushing TDs
80.9 QB rating

Dak Prescott career stats:
66% completions
59 TDs
22 INTs
2.7 TD/INT ratio
7.5 YPA
17 rushing TDs
95.5 QB rating

You can let yourself out

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

I think he is better game manager than Bortles....Bortles can cost you games as he is not as good a game manager. he did have the magical season last year. but over his career he has been an average passer and average game manager. part of that is on his coaches..... Dallas coaches understand Dak's limitations and thus put him in a position to manage the game and allow the players around him to get the team to victory, zeke and defense mostly.

Turkish-Cowboy

Reaction score
I am so happy for you Dak haters. You are working your butt off to find good stuff about Dak to justify your case. That is great determination. I strongly advise following Cowherd. He will provide you with a lot. Easy reach.

By the way Dak is Dak 1.0

TWOK11

Reaction score
Dak reminds me of Tim Tebow more than anything

Has the desire but not the talent

Dak Prescott is closer to Joe Montana than he is to Tim Tebow, and that isn’t a ringing endorsement of Prescott. Tebow was a special kind of awful.

Anyone who can honestly make that comparison simply never watched Tebow play.

Mobinvans

Reaction score
Dak Prescott is closer to Joe Montana than he is to Tim Tebow, and that isn’t a ringing endorsement of Prescott. Tebow was a special kind of awful.

Anyone who can honestly make that comparison simply never watched Tebow play.

Both Tebow and Dak are very similiar....both great athletes with terrible mechanics

Both have a lot of heart and desire but just arent very talented

HungryLion

Reaction score
Both Tebow and Dak are very similiar....both great athletes with terrible mechanics

Dak is a much better passer than Tebow ever was. Not saying Dak is a great passer, just that Tebow was AWFUL. straight up AWFUL.

Tebow didn’t even complete 50% of his passes during his career. Yes you read that right. Less than 50%.

Tebow was such a bad quarterback, that despite being a great person, a team leader, and being a hard worker, no NFL teams wanted to sign him and keep as a back-up. Think about that. Think about how many awful back-up quarterbacks there are in the league and Tebow couldn’t even get a back-up job.

Even if you don’t think Dak should be a starter. I think even his biggest detractors would admit that most NFL teams would sign him as a back-up, in a second.

TWOK11

Reaction score

Dak is a much, much, much better quarterback than Tim Tebow even on his worst day.

This is just stupid

plasticman

Reaction score
Why are we even listening to this drivel?

The entire left side of the offensive line are backups. Anybody remember this?

If Dak is so bad then why is he constantly being compared to first round draft picks?

Why do you need a quarterback to pass for 300 yards when you have the best RB in the league? Dak Prescot has 3 games with 300 yards passing in his first 44 games....same a Troy Aikman.

Fumble same thing as a INT? Do teams recover their own INT? Okay, then running TD's are the same a passing TD's.

Since Dak started his first game which was GAME #1 HIS ROOKIE YEAR, he is ranked #2 in wins. Only Tom Brady has more.

That is the stat that matters.

Reactions: CWR

Nav22

Reaction score
These guys are spot on about Dak! Dak and Bortles are different. Dak has a better short game and Bortles has a better deep ball. Just like these guys said Bortles has like 16 300 yd games and Dak has one or two. Bortles has a higher ceiling and lower floor.
We MUST stop judging QBs off of “300-yard games.”

Bortles is not on Dak’s level in any facet of the position. Bortles is a BUST.

Career yards/attempt....
Dak: 7.4 (7.3 this season)
Bortles: 6.7 (7.0 this season)

Dak is a more effective passer, period.

Hadenough

Reaction score

Career yards/attempt....

Career yards/attempt....

Both guys are 17th and 18th in the stat chart. Dak is slightly leading in those categories but you have to remember that Bortles has been with out Fournette for a lot of games. Plus Bortles has been without a true #1 WR and when healthy the Cowboys have a better oline.
Go back to last seasons stats and Bortles was slightly ahead in ypa and Dak just barely ahead in pct. Dak had one more passing TD at 22 and both had 13 int.
It was the outlier 2016 season where Daks completion percentage was really high and Bortles was low. But even that season Bortles didnt have Fournette and surpassed Dak in yardage. What does Dak look like without Zeke?
I agree that Bortles is considered a bust and my point is even if Dak is slightly ahead of Bortles does it mean that Dallas should settle on him as a franchise QB.
In my honest opinion there are probably 20 other QBs in the NFL that I would take over Dak!

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Its sad that the QB of the Dallas Cowboys is being compared to Tim Tebow and Blake Bortles

Not that its an unfair comparison either. It is fair

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Loved that Cowherd went on to say that the Broncos were in a similar spot, and that Elway immediately recognized that Tebow wouldn't be the guy to take them to the Super Bowl, and went out there to get Peyton Manning and won a ring. If somehow Dallas is able to locate a top 10 QB let alone a top 5 QB available next year, they should sell their soul for him.
They do have a top 10. He’s working at CBS as an analyst.
Please I’m partially kidding about Romo. Let’s give Dak a shot and measure his work the rest of this year. If he does not improve esp in the red zone from here to January, then you have to consider moving on.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Its sad that the QB of the Dallas Cowboys is being compared to Tim Tebow and Blake Bortles

Not that its an unfair comparison either. It is fair

The bortles comparison is more fair.

But the Tebow comparison has never been fair. For all Dak’s faults.... Tebow was a terrible quarterback. Terrible. Not even backup worthy. Dak is much better than him.

I feel like people forget how awful Tebow was.

Hadenough

Reaction score
The bortles comparison is more fair.

But the Tebow comparison has never been fair. For all Dak’s faults.... Tebow was a terrible quarterback. Terrible. Not even backup worthy. Dak is much better than him.

I feel like people forget how awful Tebow was.
Tebow was never given much of a chance because coaches recognized how weak his arm was.