Is Dak the best Cowboys draft pick in the last 20 years?

jnday

Reaction score
What are some others?
It is constantly brought up by Dak-lovers how great he is to be a 4th round draft pick. Romo was a much greater bargain and he didn’t require a draft pick. In all honesty, it doesn’t matter where a player was drafted. Once they make it to the pros, draft position plays no part on what type of career they could/should have.

kskboys

Reaction score
Dak would be much better if he had Carter’s passing ability. There has been many QBs that has started for Dallas that was worse QBs. The list is long and cringe worthy.
If Quincy the Duck had great passing ability, he certainly didn't show it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure why you like Quincy so much, but Dak is prolly at least as good as he was as a passer, prolly better. Quincy's 17 TD/21INTs/3,300 yds/57.8 comp %/71.4QBR were terrible for his time. Exactly what was it that makes you think he was a better passer than Dak? He was known for missing passes and stalled O's.

Number1

Reaction score
What are some others?

up to this point in his career, yeah

but Tank may not be far behind, and it's hard not to see Smith, Martin, and Frederick as HOFers ... Ware, Witten

a few years from now the answer may be quite different - for example, I think Brown and Jones may become one of the best sets of CBs ever
if Jaylon and Leighton stay healthy ...

also the Boys next draft pick has to be a catalyst play maker - he may get credit as the one who put them over the top - the hero
a true play making FS or DT ... :)

and there's a sleeper or two who may come up big, maybe Taco - IMO, he was legit in being pissed at so few passing snaps, in terms of raw talent this our best DL, again, a prototype athlete.or Gallup for example - a true prototype Y, in this system will become highlight real, speaking of prototype athletes - Cedrick Wilson at X

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Cowboyroy is one handful here that in this social media age have to be working for Dak's PR dept.
There really is no way to explain there troll madness of a below to average QB at best.

P.S. I wish Daks throwing capabilities we're as good as his Public relations....
Well everyone knows you hate an everything the Cowboys do so exactly who are you trying to kid here?

Jipper

Reaction score
It is constantly brought up by Dak-lovers how great he is to be a 4th round draft pick. Romo was a much greater bargain and he didn’t require a draft pick. In all honesty, it doesn’t matter where a player was drafted. Once they make it to the pros, draft position plays no part on what type of career they could/should have.

Better value yes...but since Romo wasn’t technically a draft pick then he can’t be in the same argument of best value draft pick now can he?

jnday

Reaction score
If Quincy the Duck had great passing ability, he certainly didn't show it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure why you like Quincy so much, but Dak is prolly at least as good as he was as a passer, prolly better. Quincy's 17 TD/21INTs/3,300 yds/57.8 comp %/71.4QBR were terrible for his time. Exactly what was it that makes you think he was a better passer than Dak? He was known for missing passes and stalled O's.
I hated Quincy and his passing ability. That should give you an ideal of my opinion of Dak as the long term starter in Dallas.

jnday

Reaction score
Better value yes...but since Romo wasn’t technically a draft pick then he can’t be in the same argument of best value draft pick now can he?
He is considered as part of the draft class in the year that he joined the team.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He is the controversial starting QB, but there is a big difference between an average starter and a franchise QB.
There is. But being there are only 2 or 3 franchise quarterbacks and about 10 or so other average quarterbacks? I’ll accept that I got a average quarterback in the 4th as opposed to trading two first rounders for one.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Cowboyroy is one handful here that in this social media age have to be working for Dak's PR dept.
There really is no way to explain there troll madness of a below to average QB at best.

P.S. I wish Daks throwing capabilities we're as good as his Public relations....

LLLOOOLLL, I knew this thread was going to be the BOMB!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
up to this point in his career, yeah

but Tank may not be far behind, and it's hard not to see Smith, Martin, and Frederick as HOFers ... Ware, Witten

a few years from now the answer may be quite different - for example, I think Brown and Jones may become one of the best sets of CBs ever
if Jaylon and Leighton stay healthy ...

also the Boys next draft pick has to be a catalyst play maker - he may get credit as the one who put them over the top - the hero
a true play making FS or DT ... :)

and there's a sleeper or two who may come up big, maybe Taco - IMO, he was legit in being pissed at so few passing snaps, in terms of raw talent this our best DL, again, a prototype athlete.or Gallup for example - a true prototype Y, in this system will become highlight real, speaking of prototype athletes - Cedrick Wilson at X
Taco?
:lmao::lmao2:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Romo being an even better value doesn't mean Dak wasn't a great value too. I think most understand that once a player makes the pros that what he actually does is more important than draft status, but the OP wasn't suggesting otherwise. He just wanted to talk about players the team got good value from in the draft.

conner01

Reaction score
Witten was a 3rd round pick and will go into the Hall of Fame.
To me if you are a HOF player you are one of the best draft picks no matter where you are picked
Witten was a steal but even a 1st rnd pick who is a all time great makes it a great pick

Number1

Reaction score

it's not a lack of talent ... funny things happen in JJ world

many laughed when the coaches said that about Lawrence after his 2nd year

that said, I have little faith in Rod to develop DL talent, remember this man has tolerated sub par DTs for 7 years

I just see Taco as talented 6'6" 270 lbs every down DE now with a chip on his shoulder and he's 24 and done growing, he should hitting his stride

Lawrence made something of himself - I think Taco can do the same, like Dlaw he has scary quickness vs run or pass

cowboyfan4lyfe

Reaction score
Except Romo wasn’t a draft pick .

I’d have to argue Witten becoming a HOFamer out of 3rd round to be our best draft pick in last 20 years.
Romo was a UDFA and with his growing fame in the broadcast booth and Jason's failure. Romo wins

csirl

Reaction score
:)I think this thread is one of the many being opened by Daks agent under various aliases.