Is Dak the best Cowboys draft pick in the last 20 years?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Was Zeke the guy that lead all those 4th quarter and overtime comeback wins? Like the one when Dak threw for 455 yards?

All you trolls do is come up with excuses. Pro bowls, rookie of the year, wins, playoffs, big new contracts.

You guys are being left in the dust.

2018=Beasley, Hurns, Gallup

2019=Cooper, Gallup not a rookie, Cobb, Witten, Frederick, Williams not a rookie

I would expect to see that passing attack step on the gas this year.

Would you be happy if Dak had 4400 yards and 32 TD's this year?
If it led us to a championship .

Hopefully Dak has enough talent around him to elevate our passing offense above lower tier.

Every QB needs surrounding talent to succeed. It’s what they do with it that separates them from the pack making their place in history.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Luckiest pick especially when you consider what other QBs did when Romo was injured compared to Dak.

dfense

Reaction score
Jay Ratliff 7th round 4x Pro Bowler 2009 All-Pro
DeMarco Murray 3rd round 3x Pro Bowler 2014 All-Pro, NFL rushing leader, TD leader, OPOY, Cowboys single season rushing mark.
Patrick Crayton 7th round 2009 second team All-Pro

Going back over 20 years.
1962 Billy Shaw G 14th round HOFer

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Was Zeke the guy that lead all those 4th quarter and overtime comeback wins? Like the one when Dak threw for 455 yards?

All you trolls do is come up with excuses. Pro bowls, rookie of the year, wins, playoffs, big new contracts.

You guys are being left in the dust.

2018=Beasley, Hurns, Gallup

2019=Cooper, Gallup not a rookie, Cobb, Witten, Frederick, Williams not a rookie

I would expect to see that passing attack step on the gas this year.

Would you be happy if Dak had 4400 yards and 32 TD's this year?

Heck I'd be happy he finally had a 4 TD game for once......even if there check-down charlies....

Brax

Reaction score
Allen was a 2nd round pick. 46th overall.

He dropped in the draft because of rotator cuff injury and small school as no one had ever been drafted from Sonoma St.

It’s really easy to google info before posting it incorrectly.
Allen doesn't count 1994

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Heck I'd be happy he finally had a 4 TD game for once......even if there check-down charlies....

He's already had a 4 TD game.

That being said, Dak has run a conservative, run first offense with Garrett at the helm. They simply havent asked Dak to be that gun slinging guy. Not many young QB's are asked to do that. When they have, in clutch situations, he has performed well.

If Moore opens up the passing game and offense with these new passing weapons, then I have no doubt Dak's numbers will increase.

What you would call excuses are simply just the facts.

jsb357

Reaction score
luckiest...

had romo and the backup not got hurt Dak would be playing elsewhere or selling insurance

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In my opinion, both Jason Witten and Jay Ratliff eclipse Dak Prescott's draft value of the past two decades. However, Prescott is far-and-above (and the gap is substantial in my book) the best drafted player at his position during the same period:

Mike White, 2018, Round: 5, Selection: 34
Dak Prescott, 2016, Round: 4, Selection: 37
Stephen McGee, 2009, Round: 4, Selection: 1
Isaiah Stanback, 2007, Round: 4, Selection: 4
Quincy Carter, 2001, Round: 2, Selection: 22

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Jay Ratliff 7th round 4x Pro Bowler 2009 All-Pro
DeMarco Murray 3rd round 3x Pro Bowler 2014 All-Pro, NFL rushing leader, TD leader, OPOY, Cowboys single season rushing mark.
Patrick Crayton 7th round 2009 second team All-Pro

Going back over 20 years.
1962 Billy Shaw G 14th round HOFer

Sorry, but no chance Crayton was a 2nd team all pro. That scrub didnt even sniff the pro bowl.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
In my opinion, both Jason Witten and Jay Ratliff eclipse Dak Prescott's draft value of the past two decades. However, Prescott is far-and-above (and the gap is substantial in my book) the best drafted player at his position during the same period:

Mike White, 2018, Round: 5, Selection: 34
Dak Prescott, 2016, Round: 4, Selection: 37
Stephen McGee, 2009, Round: 4, Selection: 1
Isaiah Stanback, 2007, Round: 4, Selection: 4
Quincy Carter, 2001, Round: 2, Selection: 22
I had forgotten about Stanback. Did he even make the roster. I just don’t recall him at all. Total blank.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
They tried converting him into a receiver but he never stayed healthy long enough to warrant keeping him.
Right

We drafted him to be a WR. Can we really count him then as QB in that category as the others ? That’s kinda of misleading to me and why it didn’t jar my memory.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right

We drafted him to be a WR. Can we really count him then as QB in that category as the others ? That’s kinda of misleading to me and why it didn’t jar my memory.
Does not really matter. Prescott's value outstrips Stanback's regardless of the latter's actual career position(s).

ROUSH8692

Reaction score
Judging how Dak cant win a game when Zeke isnt playing this whole thread is laughable.