Is Dak the Future of the Dallas Cowboys?

Is Dak the future at QB?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DakBringMeBack

Reaction score
Eli is not and will not be considered an all time great. Eli is a QB who has usually been highly erratic, but he had two incredible runs where his defense played lights out and he stepped up to the plate bigly with some huge big game throws.
And you would absolutely love it if Dak did the same and delivered two titles and a number of other title runs. And it wouldn't be shocking if he did that. And Eli Manning is going to be a Hall of Famer... nothing more can be said.

PUSHfold

Reaction score
........can that be taught?

I think he has been compensating by throwing short, avoiding tight NFL size throwing windows ....

Can "dak friendly" spread offense spiced up with rpo, rubs etc help........if anything it will make Garretts scheme less predictable, so that is good

Well what you "think" is wrong...he lead the NFL in "tight window" throws last season up from 42.7% completion rate his rookie season. 96 attempts last season. Roughly 20% of his throws were "tight window"
1. Dak Prescott

Completion pct.: 45.8 (first). Passer rating: 82.1 (first). Adjusted YPA: 6.23 (fourth)

Diehardblues

Reaction score
And you would absolutely love it if Dak did the same and delivered two titles and a number of other title runs. And it wouldn't be shocking if he did that. And Eli Manning is going to be a Hall of Famer... nothing more can be said.
Eli will need to add to his career numbers to make HOF.

Theres other QB with SB titles not in HOF. Like Theisman and Plunkett Id put in Eli’s company. Maybe even Simms.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eli is not and will not be considered an all time great. Eli is a QB who has usually been highly erratic, but he had two incredible runs where his defense played lights out and he stepped up to the plate bigly with some huge big game throws.

He won’t be considered an all time great in the same vein as Peyton, Brady, Favre, Montana and a few others, but he will be considered in the next tier down. 2 Super Bowl wins, playing in NYC and finishing very high in some of the major statistical categories with ensure that.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eli will need to add to his career numbers to make HOF.

Theres other QB with SB titles not in HOF. Like Theisman and Plunkett Id put in Eli’s company. Maybe even Simms.

Eli is 6th in all time passing yards and 8th in TDs (likely will end up 6-7in TDs), plus he has 2 Super Bowls, played in NYC and has name recognition. He is a shoo in if he retires today.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Eli is 6th in all time passing yards and 8th in TDs (likely will end up 6-7in TDs), plus he has 2 Super Bowls, played in NYC and has name recognition. He is a shoo in if he retires today.
Could be but I think he still needs some more stats. These passing numbers aren’t as impressive this pass happy era unless you lead the league.

His name recognition is probably his biggest asset along with 2 SB. He’s borderline to me if he retired today but I see what your saying.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Could be but I think he still needs some more stats. These passing numbers aren’t as impressive this pass happy era unless you lead the league.

His name recognition is probably his biggest asset along with 2 SB. He’s borderline to me if he retired today but I see what your saying.
maybe not 1st or even second ballot but i believe he will make it given his name and 2 SBs..hes no better then Romo but was on a better team and won SBS it is what it is..

sbark

Reaction score
Well what you "think" is wrong...he lead the NFL in "tight window" throws last season up from 42.7% completion rate his rookie season. 96 attempts last season. Roughly 20% of his throws were "tight window"
1. Dak Prescott

Completion pct.: 45.8 (first). Passer rating: 82.1 (first). Adjusted YPA: 6.23 (fourth)
I suppose a 3 yard out to a covered Witten is a "tight window"..................Didnt equate to 1st downs or enough TD's that we know. There is a reason opposing D's didnt bother covering intermediate middle....because Dak avoided those "tight windows", D's didnt drop their LB's which of course then allowed them to double Beasley with ease..........

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
If he retired today, Eli would be an interesting HOF candidate, because he's basically an iron-man version of Jim Plunkett, but with the advantage of playing his entire career in a pass-friendly era. Like Plunkett, Eli was the #1 pick overall, won about half his regular season starts, had two great postseasons, and got two rings. Neither player was ever considered one of the best passers in the league, as each only had one top-10 season in passer rating.

If Eli's 200+ consecutive starts and 2 SB wins do get him in, he'll challenge Namath's claim as the worst post-merger QB in the Hall of Fame.

Average rank in passer rating (5 best seasons)
HOF QB who played since 1970

Staubach 1st
Young 1st
Favre 2nd
Montana 2nd
Starr 2nd
Dawson 3rd
Fouts 3rd
Marino 3rd
Stabler 3rd
Unitas 3rd
Aikman 4th
Griese 4th
Jurgensen 4th
Moon 4th
Tarkenton 4th
Warner 4th
Bradshaw 5th
Elway 5th
Kelly 5th
Namath 11th (9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 12th)
Eli 12th (7th, 11th, 13th, 14th, 15th)

Jumbo075

Reaction score
If he retired today, Eli would be an interesting HOF candidate, because he's basically an iron-man version of Jim Plunkett, but with the advantage of playing his entire career in a pass-friendly era. Like Plunkett, Eli was the #1 pick overall, won about half his regular season starts, had two great postseasons, and got two rings. Neither player was ever considered one of the best passers in the league, as each only had one top-10 season in passer rating.

If Eli's 200+ consecutive starts and 2 SB wins do get him in, he'll challenge Namath's claim as the worst post-merger QB in the Hall of Fame.

Average rank in passer rating (5 best seasons)
HOF QB who played since 1970

Staubach 1st
Young 1st
Favre 2nd
Montana 2nd
Starr 2nd
Dawson 3rd
Fouts 3rd
Marino 3rd
Stabler 3rd
Unitas 3rd
Aikman 4th
Griese 4th
Jurgensen 4th
Moon 4th
Tarkenton 4th
Warner 4th
Bradshaw 5th
Elway 5th
Kelly 5th
Namath 11th (9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 12th)
Eli 12th (7th, 11th, 13th, 14th, 15th)

New York Media bias for both Eli and Namath.

rags747

Reaction score
Namath deserves it for upending the status quo at the time, no Namath no Jets SB. Eli will ultimately get in due to the two SB trophys + the name Manning, I don't believe he gets in the first time. Compare Romo's stats vs Eli's and Romo wins that hands down I believe especially comparing QB rating over the same yrs played.