Is Dak the Future of the Dallas Cowboys?

Is Dak the future at QB?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FineFan

Reaction score
"Is Dak the Future of the Dallas Cowboys?" tap tap tap

Is this a trick question? lol.
I voted yes. I believe he is the future of the Dallas Cowboys, if the Dallas Cowboys can collectively do their part and play the game.
At least I voted to let Dak complete his 3rd year. Then we should all know the answer.
But football is the ultimate team sport, and everyone must do their best. Listen up JG.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I don't want Dak to fail. He's (for better or worse) the starting QB of the Dallas Cowboys, and I never want a Cowboy to fail. Ever. That being said, he's going to. He's got leadership. He's got size. He controls the huddle well. He's a VERY intelligent young man. He isn't a franchise QB. he doesn't have the ability to throw into tight windows accurately. He can't throw deep (ball in the air 20+ yards) accurately. He doesn't seem to understand how to shift a blocking scheme in response to what the defense is showing. He can't throw a receiver open. His footwork is terrible. A lot of negatives, some of which can be taught out of him and some of which cannot. I just don't think he has the ability.

Dak's not the first young QB to require far more experience before becoming a complete one. I do believe that improving a QB's accuracy is a tough proposition that may not be achieved in a relatively short time frame. I'm sure he'll work hard to get there. Will he? Who knows . . .

It should help him improve, at least to some extent, if he gets way better pass protection from his OL in 2018. Beyond that, we'll probably be obliged to assert our best examples of patience we're able to muster. More often than not, it takes time and plenty of it. He'll improve but will it be enough to make all of us warm and fuzzy? That's yet another anomaly.

Last edited:

HungryLion

Reaction score
Can you name the starters for the Packers defense in that game?

Green Bay trotter out a practice squad defense in thwt game and they were put out of their misery the next game against a real QB...

I mean, it's like if I was to beat up on a little kid , would that make me a good fighter? Of course not.

Green Bay had practice squad players starting that game because of injuries. Green Bay should have been blown out..

And Dak and the offense did what they should have... they scored over 30 points.

It takes a defense to blow out another team..... hard to blow out a team when your defense gives up a touchdown on the opponents first 3 possessions. Lol

Johnny23

Reaction score
Dak stole Zeke's roty award. There I said it. Also that coward Garrett stole Zeke out doing Dickerson but pulling or going pass happy. The Nick Perry batted down pass should have been a run to Zeke or at least a screen to him. Dak isn't the future it is Zeke, no hell no. Zeke puts us in position to win and be in most every game sans Denver. We need to pay him and make him a Cowboy for life and throw a middle finger to the don't pay rb bs and go all in. Get a new qb in 2019 draft to replace Dak. He reaps the Zeke benefits more than anyone. And get a coach who in a playoff game doesn't stop running your star player averaging 5.7 a carry. Zeke was about to rub into the goalpost in the Micah Hyde pick drive until Garrett put it into Dak the poachers hands.

DakBringMeBack

Reaction score
Uh yeah, he is. The owner is already talking about giving him a record extension. Many of you need to wake up and live in reality on this.

rags747

Reaction score
Agreed. The poll is worded poorly which is why I didn't vote in it. The future? Yes but that doesn't mean the answer. It just means he will be the QB going forward. Good or bad.
And that is my major fear that good or bad he is our QB for the long term and a $25m Per yr contract. I will be super pissed if this team pulls this crap.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dak stole Zeke's roty award. There I said it. Also that coward Garrett stole Zeke out doing Dickerson but pulling or going pass happy. The Nick Perry batted down pass should have been a run to Zeke or at least a screen to him. Dak isn't the future it is Zeke, no hell no. Zeke puts us in position to win and be in most every game sans Denver. We need to pay him and make him a Cowboy for life and throw a middle finger to the don't pay rb bs and go all in. Get a new qb in 2019 draft to replace Dak. He reaps the Zeke benefits more than anyone. And get a coach who in a playoff game doesn't stop running your star player averaging 5.7 a carry. Zeke was about to rub into the goalpost in the Micah Hyde pick drive until Garrett put it into Dak the poachers hands.

How did Dak steal Zeke's award? He gave himself the award lol?

rags747

Reaction score
You will be pissed if they commit long term to him?
Yes, as I said my fear is that they will commit long term even if he has a bad year. The way I see it this team is locked into him no matter his performance in 2018. To me that is unacceptable, but they all seem to be leaning that way already.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yes, as I said my fear is that they will commit long term even if he has a bad year. The way I see it this team is locked into him no matter his performance in 2018. To me that is unacceptable, but they all seem to be leaning that way already.
I think it's too early to tell what they will or won't do. He's two years away from a contract.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Uh yeah, he is. The owner is already talking about giving him a record extension. Many of you need to wake up and live in reality on this.

LOL...Only the Jones clan could give this Noodle a contract extension...
Would be nice if he learned how to play like a real NFL QB at some point but i highly doubt it as either you have it or you don't and its evident Dak doesn't have the magic here.....

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Would be nice if he learned how to play like a real NFL QB at some point but i highly doubt it as either you have it or you don't and its evident Dak doesn't have the magic here.....
So far he is the 2nd best QB we have had since Aikman Is that good enough? Maybe depends on how much he improves

DakBringMeBack

Reaction score
well you had last year chalked up to a bad year. It was a good year. Your vision is probably skewed.

DakBringMeBack

Reaction score
my inlaws (Giants fans) used to say Eli Manning had a noodle. I read their message boards. Fans said it too. Lots of similar comments like I read here like this foolish take.

Except, Dak had a lot better start to his career than Eli. Oh then Eli went out and won a couple super bowls. Just took time and building a team around him. Now he's going to be an all time great and go to Canton. And my in-laws hate being reminded of the dumb things they said in 2004 and 2005 and 2006

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Whether Dak is the future of the Cowboys or not is largely a question that should be answered this year. Another year like the last would surely add to the doubts that arose in 2017. The offseason moves to bolster the backup spots should serve the team and Dak quite well.

A significantly better year than last year would ensure continued support. Much of Dak's success, or the lack thereof, depends upon the performance of an OL that had an obviously subpar year in 2017 with its pass protection. Hopefully, that unit will improve substantially and return to its former excellence. Naturally, Dak would be one of the main benefactors of an OL resurgence.

Last edited:

rags747

Reaction score
Eli is not and will not be considered an all time great. Eli is a QB who has usually been highly erratic, but he had two incredible runs where his defense played lights out and he stepped up to the plate bigly with some huge big game throws.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eli is not and will not be considered an all time great. Eli is a QB who has usually been highly erratic, but he had two incredible runs where his defense played lights out and he stepped up to the plate bigly with some huge big game throws.
...and who had receivers making big time catches--which is what any coach or fan should expect from receivers in any game, regular or postseason.