Is Dak unpopular because it is now a passing league?

Brax

Reaction score
It’s now a passing league, high flying league. It’s not “sexy” to run the ball. Smash mouth football is dying and the NFL set-up the game with new rules for Fantasy Footballers / Fan Duelers to make it exciting to throw for 500 yards a game and end up with a final score of 54-51.

The new generation of football fans don’t understand the advantage of a power run offense and controlling the clock. So, Dak isn’t popular because he’s not a gunslinger. It doesn’t matter if you win or lose, fans these days just want to see long bomb throws all day and don’t care if they go 0-16 while doing it.
:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh: :huh:
Dak is unpopular because he simply isn't very good as NFL starting caliber QB's go. He is a mediocre to low end starter and in Dallas everyone expects a great to elite QB. Dak's unpopularity will go away when he learns to throw a pass accurately more than 6 yards , hits wide open receivers more that 10 yards down field with regularity instead of missing them with regularity as is his norm now.

HungryLion

Reaction score
There's a reason why we were always incredibly bad every time Romo was out. And by the time Dak came, the team was finally peaking. Dak is very fortunate to have an O-line that consists of 2-3 minimim all pros every year, a top 2 runningback, and and the best defense we've seen in a very long time.

Granted Dak would probably perform better with a new coaching staff, but still wouldn't be the passer Romo was. I'm literally tired of seeing this inconsistent offense. Dak could be a top 10 QB if he just worked on his accuracy and pocket presence. I wanna see it before I believe it.

They were incredibly bad once, when Romo was out. In 2015. The only other time he missed a lot of games was 2010 when the team was better without him than they were with him. By a lot. Admittedly there were other factors involved.

The team also went 13-3 without him in 2016.

The point remains. Revisionist history is making the teams around Romo worse and worse as time goes on. You would think he was playing with Cleveland brown level rosters his entire career. The way some people talk about him.

And that’s not true.

Btw I love Romo.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Bus drivers need to apply to Greyhound. Dak needs to fully master a full plate needed in today's NFL.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
blah blah blah.. Dak is the best ever. Better than Roger, White, Troy, Brady, Rodgers, Brees and any other quarterback that played. Just don't pressure him, he even said he was in a fetal position ever since the Atlanta game. Blah blah... last 3 games, not much pressure, glitch gone.. wow.. just wow...

Philmonroe

Reaction score
If the team were winning consistently nobody would care that Dak hasn’t been a prolific passer this year. That’s the bottom line.
True for most but that's why most people are easily suckered. Sometimes you have to do like KC did with Daks twin Alex Smith and upgrade from ok to potential franchise QB talent. Am I allowed to tell you this or are you going to play online jerk police again?

CCBoy

Reaction score
blah blah blah.. Dak is the best ever. Better than Roger, White, Troy, Brady, Rodgers, Brees and any other quarterback that played. Just don't pressure him, he even said he was in a fetal position ever since the Atlanta game. Blah blah... last 3 games, not much pressure, glitch gone.. wow.. just wow...
...but with Cooper aboard, he is improving as to productions. Next, 300+ ?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
True for most but that's why most people are easily suckered. Sometimes you have to do like KC did with Daks twin Alex Smith and upgrade from ok to potential franchise QB talent. Am I allowed to tell you this or are you going to play online jerk police again?

Wow, you immediately go with the jerk attitude and somehow make it out as my fault. You obvious don’t need any provocation to cop that silly attitude. And what makes it even more ridiculous is I didn’t say, or even remotely suggest Dak was the right QB for the team, or anything contrary to the idea the team could use an upgrade at QB.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
9 unpopular QBs under Garrett .

... why is dak unpopular? ,... hmmm ... let me think on that one ...

NumOneQB

Reaction score
There’s some validity to this. It has become a passing league. Most of the top QBs are finesse type players. It’s like having a fancy high output power tool whereas Dak is just a big ol’ sledgehammer.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Wow, you immediately go with the jerk attitude and somehow make it out as my fault. You obvious don’t need any provocation to cop that silly attitude. And what makes it even more ridiculous is I didn’t say, or even remotely suggest Dak was the right QB for the team, or anything contrary to the idea the team could use an upgrade at QB.
It is your fault because IRL you wouldn't intervene with your faux superhero stuff guaranteed. I have no attitude I just think you're a bad word we can't say for doing that for another grown man. Who said you did say Dak was the right QB or anything like that?

CCBoy

Reaction score
Wow. 300 yards is a milestone cor Dak in his 3rd year and we all rejoice. We have lowered the bar and continue to do so to support our Dak narrative.....biased?.....nnaaahhh

Teams have been throwing the ball against the Saints...and Zeke is a prime element already

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is your fault because IRL you wouldn't intervene with your faux superhero stuff guaranteed. I have no attitude I just think you're a bad word we can't say for doing that for another grown man. Who said you did say Dak was the right QB or anything like that?

Lol, you are obsessed. What was that - 2 weeks ago? Apparently being a jerk at a moment in time isn’t enough, so you had to fabricate an excuse to pick it up a couple of weeks later with no provocation and completely aside from the previous context. The laughable part is I had no disagreement with what you wrote, but you couldn’t resist adding the last sentence.

If you want to have a reasonable discussion, I’ll be happy to do so. If you want to perpetuate a silly internet spat you are on your own.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Lol, you are obsessed. What was that - 2 weeks ago? Apparently being a jerk at a moment in time isn’t enough, so you had to fabricate an excuse to pick it up a couple of weeks later with no provocation and completely aside from the previous context. The laughable part is I had no disagreement with what you wrote, but you couldn’t resist adding the last sentence.

If you want to have a reasonable discussion, I’ll be happy to do so. If you want to perpetuate a silly internet spat you are on your own.
Nah not obsessed just remember posters that have lame qualities about them. It was a few days ago but way to exaggerate another smh quality for a man. Did you not post in this thread? Did my response not pertain to what you said? Get over yourself drama queen.

I'm always for a reasonable discussion just don't need males acting like females towards me. If you can't do that I'll gladly be on my own its many people that can have regular convos without playing Internet superhero.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
lmao about how fans are all pissy about how other fans see their team. "can't we all just blow smoke up each others butts"... lol