Is Dak unpopular because it is now a passing league?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Generally bus driver style QBs are not valued by the fan base as much because their impact isn’t as obvious. Andy Dalton is a fairly solid QB but the fans have been trying to get rid of him for years now. The league has pushed to make the QB the perceived face of the franchise so when you turn on your TV and your QB isn’t contributing in the way you think he should (fairly or not) then he’s an easy target.
and what's wrong with that? Cincy is the pure definition of average to below average.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
What did Linehan or Moore have to do with him throw that embarrassing worm burner in front of the receiver or missing Noah Brown on that gimme TD?

That’s not to dismiss your contention entirely but there are some things he’s lacking that you either have the goods or you don’t that no OC or QB coach can help you with.
because they coach him to throw balls short and be inaccurate.....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
What qb that you consider elite is doing it without a stud wr, rb and defense?
who are the elite WRs with Brady? and why are they average before they get there and after they leave? the one season they had an elite WR, they went undefeated in regular season and set all kinds of scoring records.

Why is that any WR who goes to GB, seems to be so good and make so many spatular plays, yet we don't hear much after they leave....

Brees has one good WR, Thomas and look at what he is doing with him, setting all kinds of records...

and I can go on..

elite QBs, tend to push the limits of records and seemingly make one highlight play after another.....they make average into good and good into great and great into spactacular. ..

ifDak needs a couple of Stud WR, a stud OL and a stud TE and stud OL, then why do we need Dak. I can probably lead us to 4 or 5 wins just as easily.....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with Dak's accuracy, I don't have a problem with Dak's arm strength, I don't have a problem with Dak taking some sacks. He needs a competent (Quarterback's coach or Coordinator) to help him with moving around in the pocket, which he doesn't have.
He's as tough as they come. You need to bring a brinks truck to bring him down.

You need new coordinators. We need to also be set on the receivers we're going to employ. If it's Cooper/Beasley/Gallup/Austin, he needs to work almost exclusively with these players as much as possible, and sprinkle in others as time permits.

Also, we need Gallup to grow up. I know he just had a family crises, but now that it's over, he needs to concentrate on catching the ball and learn everything he can from Cooper. Beasley needs to practice a bit more down field with Dak. And Austin needs to get out of the trainers room and on the field as soon as possible.

We also need a no none-sense type coach who doesn't take any ****. But if Jerry doesn't want to go that route, at least bring in some innovative offensive coaches in here and please retire Marinelli and allow Richard to take over next year.
so we have a long list of excuses for Dak. Everybody else needs to change...except Dak, because God knows he is almost perfect. !!!!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
On 31 attempts, you ignorant know-nothing. RAC is part of football.

9.3 yards/attempt, 3 total TD, 0 turnovers and a win.

Meanwhile, your Eagles man crush needs a win Sunday to avoid being tied for last place. LOL!!!!!!!
there is another stat that will be more telling. How far you throw down field, which takes out of it the RAC. Which shows how the QB attacks the defense down field. yes, RACs are good. but he is not very accurate down field. he misses more plays than he makes....he leaves a lot of plays and yards out there......and on his best day, scoring 31 and WRs making spectacular RACs, he still didn't make it to 300 yards.....

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
there is another stat that will be more telling. How far you throw down field, which takes out of it the RAC. Which shows how the QB attacks the defense down field. yes, RACs are good. but he is not very accurate down field. he misses more plays than he makes....he leaves a lot of plays and yards out there......and on his best day, scoring 31 and WRs making spectacular RACs, he still didn't make it to 300 yards.....

In fairness, the guy hanging his hat on RAC is sincerely not very bright. He's obviously hanging onto RAC because when you look at the numbers on paper it makes Dak look better.

Of course, if we were debating Wentz, Manning or some other QB, he would be the first say "yeah, but he didn't do anything! His receiver did all the work!"

birdwells1

Reaction score
Since Dalton became the starter, the Bengals have the 8th best record in the NFL.

Ok I'll try to name the top 7 teams NE, Pitts, GB, Seattle, NO, and I can't figure out the other two but if this ain't an indictment against Andy and that organization i don't know what is. To be in the same group with these teams and these quarterbacks and not only have you not won a super bowl you haven't even won a playoff game. I see why the Chiefs got rid of Smith, they thought that he was a little better than a bus driver and they couldn't envision winning a super bowl with him. Great move by them and I wouldn't blame Cincy for moving on from the regular season "accumulator" that is Andy Dalton.

The teams that I listed have won super bowls with Hall of Fame nominees quarterbacking them, that's the formula.

birdwells1

Reaction score
who are the elite WRs with Brady? and why are they average before they get there and after they leave? the one season they had an elite WR, they went undefeated in regular season and set all kinds of scoring records.

Why is that any WR who goes to GB, seems to be so good and make so many spatular plays, yet we don't hear much after they leave....

Brees has one good WR, Thomas and look at what he is doing with him, setting all kinds of records...

and I can go on..

elite QBs, tend to push the limits of records and seemingly make one highlight play after another.....they make average into good and good into great and great into spactacular. ..

ifDak needs a couple of Stud WR, a stud OL and a stud TE and stud OL, then why do we need Dak. I can probably lead us to 4 or 5 wins just as easily.....

I was watching the Saints game last week when Brees threw a td to his tight end. The te was lined up on his right and Brees stared down his wr on the far left so the safety ran to the left, when he did Brees whipped back to the right and hit his te in the endzone. It was a thing of beauty, teams are playing single high safety against us and just begging us to beat them deep but we are letting them get away with it, if Dak would manipulate the safety in that situation that would take this offense to another level.

Skip to the 6:45 mark.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
He is unpopular because his coaches are living in the past and can't game plan to his strengths.
POST OF THE DAY!!!! That's EXACTLY correct. We have a really good qb. We seen it in his rookie season. Unfortunately, Dallas coaching can't bring that greatness in Dak out again.

visionary

Reaction score
It’s now a passing league, high flying league. It’s not “sexy” to run the ball. Smash mouth football is dying and the NFL set-up the game with new rules for Fantasy Footballers / Fan Duelers to make it exciting to throw for 500 yards a game and end up with a final score of 54-51.

The new generation of football fans don’t understand the advantage of a power run offense and controlling the clock. So, Dak isn’t popular because he’s not a gunslinger. It doesn’t matter if you win or lose, fans these days just want to see long bomb throws all day and don’t care if they go 0-16 while doing it.
:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh: :huh:

lol
Try to understand football and you will figure out why some fans are not fans of Dak

Batman1980

Reaction score
POST OF THE DAY!!!! That's EXACTLY correct. We have a really good qb. We seen it in his rookie season. Unfortunately, Dallas coaching can't bring that greatness in Dak out again.

He's averaging 256.6 ypg over his last 5 games and he's scoring just about every week on the ground. I don't think he's great but I think he and our offense are starting to hit their stride at the right time.

Reactions: CWR

Hadenough

Reaction score
He is unpopular mostly because people want to have an elite QB. And he isn’t that.

I can’t blame them for wanting something better.

I think some of the criticism Dak receives is unfair. Where every single mistake or bad play is magnified like it doesn’t happen to other players.

But at the end of the day I can’t fault people for wanting a QB with a cannon arm who can throw the ball over the yard. Dak isn’t that guy.

The enigma aspect of Dak is that he has all the intangibles. If he was exactly the same as he is now, but with Jeff George’s arm. He would be incredibly popular. But that will never happen.
A QB has to have a good arm to beat good defenses!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
and here we go with the Das Lovers brining up Romo. this has nothing to do with Romo. it has to do with Dak's average performance on the field. Das is a bus driver and there is nothing wrong with that.

I don't know who the Dak lovers are but there hasn't been nothing average about his performance these last few weeks. He's been solid. "Bus drivers" don't win games in the clutch on a consistent basis but ok.

pansophy

Reaction score
It’s now a passing league, high flying league. It’s not “sexy” to run the ball. Smash mouth football is dying and the NFL set-up the game with new rules for Fantasy Footballers / Fan Duelers to make it exciting to throw for 500 yards a game and end up with a final score of 54-51.

The new generation of football fans don’t understand the advantage of a power run offense and controlling the clock. So, Dak isn’t popular because he’s not a gunslinger. It doesn’t matter if you win or lose, fans these days just want to see long bomb throws all day and don’t care if they go 0-16 while doing it.
:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh: :huh:
Dak is unpopular because when it is time to throw the ball, he isn't very consistent. The fact that we run so much should make his job easier, but what has been the case is his inconsistency passing the ball has made it harder to run.