Is Dak worth his contract?

• YES

Votes: 44 38.9%
  • NO

Votes: 69 61.1%

• Total voters

Qcard

Reaction score
Which is why it'd be wise to at least let the coach be Gm. Let the coach, who has his ear to the ground so to speak, have the GM authority. He knows what he needs to succeed. As Parcells once said, let the coach buy the groceries.
Your point is a tried and true way in which teams have won Championships. But not all Coaches can have success with Parcells structure style because they don't have Parcells innate Life Coaching talent.

Parcells used some of the most vial language and cajoling styles to get players to perform, they did because the players knew it came from a place of love for the player and the game.

Most coaches don't connect with players like that in today's game....Even McCarthy needs the Assistant HC personnel guy as a buffer.

Good structure but finding the Coach is near hard

ArtClink

Reaction score
Dak is getting paid per his market value based on his value in the league. You don’t have to like him, but don’t begrudge him for negotiating what the market demands for a QB like Dak.

Romo was not worth his last contract.

For the Dak detractors, how do you feel about these QBs? All but Cunningham are HOFers.
  • Doug Williams
  • Randall Cunningham
  • Warren Moon
  • Steve McNair

ultron

Reaction score
Factor in the first 4 years of his career where he made practically nothing (for nfl standards), divide that by whatever his contract is now and boom - there’s your answer.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Your point is a tried and true way in which teams have won Championships. But not all Coaches can have success with Parcells structure style because they don't have Parcells innate Life Coaching talent.

Parcells used some of the most vial language and cajoling styles to get players to perform, they did because the players knew it came from a place of love for the player and the game.

Most coaches don't connect with players like that in today's game....Even McCarthy needs the Assistant HC personnel guy as a buffer.

True with that, and I like where Mike has this team going. I think he is looking like a good coach overall. Light-years ahead of Garrett. Just a shame it took Jerry so long to move on from Garrett.

ArtClink

Reaction score

The key to hiring the right coach is two-fold. First hire a hc with skins on the wall, a proven winner. Second, like the other 31 teams empower your hc to hire his own staff (other than Parcels, we haven’t had an empowered hc since Jimmy), have the power to hire and fire players and assistant coaches, and the hc should be free from the ills of a meddling owner.

Yes Big Mac has won a super Bowl but he had the full authority of an nfl hc, whereas in Dallas he is a toothless lion, a figurehead, and must be cool with Jerry wearing his hc outfit every training camp and comfortable with Jerry having the final say in all football matters.

Jerry has a history, esp recently of hiring coaches with zero experience and letting them learn on the job. And we wonder why we can mk a deep playoff run.

ArtClink

Reaction score

This doesn't sound like a "leader" to me.

A leader does what needs to be done.

A leader is not a guy who addresses the media after a 13-3 season and a first round playoff loss against Eli Manning’s Giants by saying “If this is the worst thing that ever happens to me, then I’ve led a pretty good life”.

And at least Romo had a super bowl caliber defense for a few years courtesy of Parcels. Dak has played with the worst Cowboys defense of all time.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
A leader is not a guy who addresses the media after a 13-3 season and a first round playoff loss against Eli Manning’s Giants by saying “If this is the worst thing that ever happens to me, then I’ve led a pretty good life”.
That doesn't make Dak look any better. Romo being a loser, doesn't somehow make Dak not a loser.

Romo has been gone for 6 years.

Get over it.

ArtClink

Reaction score
That doesn't make Dak look any better. Romo being a loser, doesn't somehow make Dak not a loser.

Romo has been gone for 6 years.

Get over it.

I only mention Romo because of the ridiculous double standard of how some fans view Dak. It’s still relevant because it is a double standard.

streetcredit

Reaction score
Dak puts up points when offense is healthy...how many other QB's could do that with this offensive lineup...I'd say around 10

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I only mention Romo because of the ridiculous double standard of how some fans view Dak. It’s still relevant because it is a double standard.
There's no double standard with me.

Romo and Dak both are losers and not leaders.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
raise your heads back up fellows. dak might not choke in all the remaining games. sheesh. you guys give so easy.

Slick

Reaction score
"Spark light " means Dak has to make sure Anthony Brown plays proper technique, Tyron Smith doesn’t hold and Mike McCarthy isn't along for a ride

Dak Haters are weird
Did he look like he
We didn't have one when we had Dak on a 4th rounder rookie deal, so why is there this assumption that we will magically load up on defense if Dak was paid less? We didn't even field one when we had Zeke on his rookie deal, Dak on his rookie deal and Jaylon on his rookie deal. We wasted all of that with sweet 'bargain players'. Dak was smart taking the money he did. He could have been had for cheaper but our FO wanted to keep on franchising him and 'making him prove it'. Why would any player want to give the FO a signficant 'discount' when the FO has shown over the span of a decade and a half that they will do nothing significant to improve the team in FA?

I'm not dissing him for wanting more money, I simply said time and time again, he's not worth what he got.

The FO should have let him go and got something for him. They blew that option. He's not 5yrs improved. He looked like the same old Dak. With that offense that other QB'S would kill for..... They aren't getting their money's worth. It is not just Dak, but he's the team leader, and the top paid guy that needs to deliver.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
One must understand football in its entirety & not just toss the best 2 quarterback's since Aikman under the bus. How did those other 10 quarterbacks after Aikman & before Romo pan out?!

Sadly you don't/can't see a young talented quarterback in the making if it hit you in the face.
Do you even realize you are making my point for me?

Aulac

Reaction score
So accept to your logic, RG3, Ryan Leaf, Gino Torreta, Heather Shuler, Akili Smith, Rick Mirer and Heath Shuler were all more talented than Dak.... yeah ok.

For the record, Goff and Wentz couldn't hold Daks jock strap. If they were as "talented" as you say, they wouldn't be with new teams.

That because those teams want to win at all cost, not the case with our Boys. Otherwise we wouldn't have paid Dak, Zeke, Lawrence, and etc...

Aulac

Reaction score
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao: Is Gallup Davante Adams? Dumb comparison

And did the GB D give up 36 points? DOH!!!!

Dak is elite and he showed it last night without his two best weapons. Stud!!

Kind of hard to be DeVante Adams when your QB is so inconsistent at getting him the ball; can't develope a rhythm. Yes Dak is so elite that he went 3 and out in OT and had Brown wide open on a short thrown but threw it low and behind him.

Are you sure you aren't Dak Prescott?

Nav22

Reaction score
Actually the whole NFL world obsessed over it for years.

If you haven’t figured out why it’s important by now you probably shouldn’t comment on the topic.

Dak’s play on the field will alway be tied to his contract.
And the entire NFL world believes Dak’s a damn good QB and the Cowboys were fools to not have signed him already.

The entire NFL world (coaches, GMs and players) believe Dak’s a top 10 QB, and the offseason polls proved that.

Yeah, that’s right, clam up now.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I can accept opinions will vary. But still I'd like to know realistically when we have any prayer of getting out of this nightmare.

You may exit stage left anytime and please feel free to take some of the others with you.