Is Dak worth his contract?

• YES

Votes: 44 38.9%
  • NO

Votes: 69 61.1%

• Total voters

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The bottom line is. He needs to be better. A lot better.

He set the standard high before his calf injury and now he looks like is old self and his old self isn’t going to cut it.

He can’t just sit around all game waiting for someone to do something.

It can’t be “oh well one player is out so now we must suck.”

I agree he needs to play better. You'll get no debate here about that. But the bottom line to me is that we are still a much better team with him than the vast majority of QBs who could be brought in. Is he overpaid? Sure, but all these players are and, with the way the cap is growing, these salaries will continue to explode. It's just supply and demand.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Greetings fellow Zoners. I feel like we will just continue the 25 year ride down the toilet until we take our chances and hitch our wagon to a highly drafted QB. And don't bring up Brady because no sane person thinks finding the best player in the history of the game in the 6th round is going to happen in our lifetimes. And don't bring up Romo we won nothing with him either. Thanks.
One must understand football in its entirety & not just toss the best 2 quarterback's since Aikman under the bus. How did those other 10 quarterbacks after Aikman & before Romo pan out?!

Sadly you don't/can't see a young talented quarterback in the making if it hit you in the face.

Qcard

Reaction score
I think some fans want us to go back to the QB searches between 2000 - 2005. That was a fun period for them. They had the luxury of seeing championships, so what's about 10 years of searching for a QB with Jerry's QB skills. He lucked into Romo and lucked into Dak. Any time he actually tried or wanted to draft a particular QB, like Paxton Lynch, they ended up being awful. I have no desire for us to let go of one of the few lucky things this team has. I don't trust Jerry with QB replacement.
Exactly....I'd love to get Lawrence or a rookie unscared Wentz or Marriotta but you couldn't trust the Jones to build a leadership structure for a rookie to flourish.

Dak Prescott was all luck. Dak's Personal and team leadership is the MAIN REASON Cowboys are relevant

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
This thread is So UN-AMERICAN

It is anathetical to the American Spirit.

Do you think @PAPPYDOG Bill's fan started a poll about Josh Allen after stinkers in past weeks?

Dak Haters Eye Test is weird

This is true. He used to tout Josh Allen as a better QB, where as Dak has actually played better than him the last few weeks, despite our losses, including a loss to the Jaguars. Yes, I wentz there.

Merlin

Reaction score
Dak is a bus driver. He will look good under certain circumstances. Not that accurate. Not great at reading defenses. But if the line is playing great and he has the best receivers, he can play at a good level. Dak is a system QB.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Exactly....I'd love to get Lawrence or a rookie unscared Wentz or Marriotta but you couldn't trust the Jones to build a leadership structure for a rookie to flourish.

Dak Prescott was all luck. Dak's Personal and team leadership is the MAIN REASON Cowboys are relevant

Exactly, you could give Jerry Tom Brady in his prime and Jerry would find a way to foul it up. Also, as stated in another thread, Dak abides by Parcells' QB commandments for the most part. That's important.

Qcard

Reaction score
Dak is a bus driver. He will look good under certain circumstances. Not that accurate. Not great at reading defenses. But if the line is playing great and he has the best receivers, he can play at a good level. Dak is a system QB.
You've lied
Dak is GREATV at reading defense 69.4%

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
This thread is So UN-AMERICAN

It is anathetical to the American Spirit.

Do you think @PAPPYDOG Bill's fan started a poll about Josh Allen after stinkers in past weeks?

Dak Haters Eye Test is weird
Had they knew what they had when the Eagles gave Wentz 33M....we would not be in this boat.

The Cowboys are paying Dak what they are paying him...because the people signing the checks are not real FOOTBALL people.

These same people made Jaylon Smith the 2nd highest paid OLB in the history of the NFL at the time...and he is now out of the NFL 2 years later!!!!!!!!!

Qcard

Reaction score
Exactly, you could give Jerry Tom Brady in his prime and Jerry would find a way to foul it up. Also, as stated in another thread, Dak abides by Parcells' QB commandments for the most part. That's important.
Yes....Some how Dak has survived Jerry Jones (we mostly wanted Romo back, I did), Stephen Jones and Dak will survive the Dak Haters...

Qcard

Reaction score
Had they knew what they had when the Eagles gave Wentz 33M....we would not be in this boat.

The Cowboys are paying Dak what they are paying him...because the people signing the checks are not real FOOTBALL people.

These same people made Jaylon Smith the 2nd highest paid OLB in the history of the NFL at the time...and he is now out of the NFL 2 years later!!!!!!!!!
Ehhh. In some cases you are right but these contracts are the price for doing business.

Beyond football Dak Prescott has brought more value to the Cowboys Organization.

He's a one name Player, clean image to date and endorsement with winning record....$$

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yes....Some how Dak has survived Jerry Jones (we mostly wanted Romo back, I did), Stephen Jones and Dak will survive the Dak Haters...

The goal is to win a Super Bowl.

The goal isn’t about defending or supporting Dak.

We need Dak to be better to win the goal and we need to call him out form a month of bad football.

nobody

Reaction score
I support Dak and am glad he's our QB...but I don't think any QB is worth that percentage of the salary cap...period.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Ehhh. In some cases you are right but these contracts are the price for doing business.

Beyond football Dak Prescott has brought more value the Cowboys Organization.

He's a one name Player, clean image to date and endorsement with winning record....$$
Dak had a track record that warranted an extension. Jaylon Smith did not. Jaylon Smith was not the price of doing business in the NFL. The non FOOTBALL people masquerading as FOOTBALL people in the front office....have non FOOTBALL related agendas far too often.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

Tbh, i usually sat out on the Romo vs Dak debates in 2016. Why? Cuz I liked them both! They're great QBs. The biggest reasons they've struggled to get beyond the division round is because Jerry is playing owner and GM and because Jerry refuses to get another Parcells-type coach who could really challenge his authority. If Parcells had another year or two with Romo, we'd have won another championship. If you gave Dak a Parcells or a Jimmy Johnson-type coach (and I think Parcells would love to coach Dak), I am certain Dak wins a Super Bowl, possibly multiple. However, he's been stuck with Garrett until last year, and Mike is having to completely change the culture from the toxic wasteland Garrett infected this team with. This team is getting better, but we need the coach to have authority. We need the players to be scared of the coach being pissed at them when needed.

Qcard

Reaction score
Dak had a track record that warranted an extension. Jaylon Smith did not. Jaylon Smith was not the price of doing business in the NFL. The non FOOTBALL people masquerading as FOOTBALL people in the front office....have non FOOTBALL related agendas far too often.
I conceed the point...

Jaylon Smith debacle is being camouflaged by the teams winning record.

If we were below .500 Dak and Jaylon contracts would be an anvhor

Qcard

Reaction score
The goal is to win a Super Bowl.

The goal isn’t about defending or supporting Dak.

We need Dak to be better to win the goal and we need to call him out form a month of bad football.
The goal is also not atolerating Un-American posts as we travail this journey Superbowl or Not

duro420

Reaction score
His demise will start from guys like Micah in the lockerroom having there hard work go for not due to the ineptness of the offense not being able to produce.
Once that starts its only a matter of time when Pied Piper Dakko hits the bench.....

Can we speak to your husband instead? I don't understand your dialect. English pls pendejo?

I find my reply offensive and I will consider this a warning.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I conceed the point...

Jaylon Smith debacle is being camouflaged by the teams winning record.

If we were below .500 Dak and Jaylon contracts would be an anvhor

Which is why it'd be wise to at least let the coach be Gm. Let the coach, who has his ear to the ground so to speak, have the GM authority. He knows what he needs to succeed. As Parcells once said, let the coach buy the groceries.