Is Dak worth his contract?

• YES

Votes: 44 38.9%
  • NO

Votes: 69 61.1%

• Total voters

basel90

Reaction score
So much wasted money on this team : zeke , DLaw , lael, Cooper , and even though Dak is overpaid , at least he is not a bad qb , he is a good qb but not elite or top 7 either .
Lots of dead wood on the team and Jerry has to quit over paying for his stars and spend more on fixing the defense and OL .

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
From a female's perspective. Dak's
the 2016 round 4 NFL draft pick was intended to be a backup quarterback.

Since then, he has emerged as one of America’s team’s most prominent players, which has earned him the admiration of the Dallas Cowboys fans. A talented quarterback, Dak's passing ability is impeccable. His career passing rating of 97.5% (as of October 2020) is ranked as the fourth all-time highest in the NFL.

If you don't like nor respect the leadership this young man has given to this franchise, it's simply because you're jealous. And yes, he's most definitely worth the money.

Well done!!!!!!! Great post!!!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Sadly, that's the going rate for QBs of Dak's caliber, and there weren't any QBs last draft (save for maybe Mac Jones which eliminates Parsons) or this upcoming draft that are anywhere near good enough to compete with Dak in my view. So, it's also a bit of supply and demand. Give Dak 4 more years to get us a trophy or be replaced. I see this contract also as a bit of buying time.

Dak’s caliber go for a lot cheaper. It doesn’t cost 40 million a year to lose 3 of 4 games and have a offense that’s struggling.

He just played the Jones’s for fools.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Dak’s caliber go for a lot cheaper.

He just played the Jones’s for fools.

I think he was probably worth about $35-38 mil in most cycles. However, considering the lack of talent available, rounding it up to $40 is fine by me.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
Greetings fellow Zoners. It seems like most posters on this forum are in agreement we are devoting an enormous amount of our cap to a QB who is essentially a top of the line bus driver. I have seen some posters on here in the past who obviously understand the cap much better than I. I am wondering if one of them can hazard a guess as to when we can realistically turn the page on the Dak era and move on from his massive contract? I am reflecting back to last off season when it seemed like the Eagles were completely hosed with the Wentz contract, and somehow, some way Roseman not only trades him, but it looks like there are going to get a first round pick back to boot!! I feel like we will just continue the 25 year ride down the toilet until we take our chances and hitch our wagon to a highly drafted QB. And don't bring up Brady because no sane person thinks finding the best player in the history of the game in the 6th round is going to happen in our lifetimes. And don't bring up Romo we won nothing with him either. Thanks.
It’s not; most , not even close , check poll out .

kevm3

Reaction score
Dak is worth no more than $25-$28M. I said that long ago. We don't have a top flight defense and no team has won a SB without that.

We didn't have one when we had Dak on a 4th rounder rookie deal, so why is there this assumption that we will magically load up on defense if Dak was paid less? We didn't even field one when we had Zeke on his rookie deal, Dak on his rookie deal and Jaylon on his rookie deal. We wasted all of that with sweet 'bargain players'. Dak was smart taking the money he did. He could have been had for cheaper but our FO wanted to keep on franchising him and 'making him prove it'. Why would any player want to give the FO a signficant 'discount' when the FO has shown over the span of a decade and a half that they will do nothing significant to improve the team in FA?

kevm3

Reaction score
What fantasy elite QB is out there for us to get and since when do bus driver qbs put up 30+ points with backup receivers? Must have forgot what this team looked like last year when Dak was out.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Players like Dak and Romo have helped prop up a fundamentally flawed ran football franchise .

This is why this foolish selfish eccentric narcissistic idiotic owner hangs on to his stars because they attract fans and sell hope when there’s little basis otherwise.

If not for this group of overpaid stars this would be more of a 4-5 win team every year . The kind of team we see when these key stars are out.

Exactly, without QBs like Romo and Dak, this team would be consistently in a 2000-2002 type of seasons with the way Jerry builds teams. Now, that seems to be changing a bit with the recent drafts, but yes, typically, this would be a 2000-2002 team with his team building skills. It's why we need a GM, but with Jerry, we will never get one.

kevm3

Reaction score
I'm just curious if Dallas 'fans' even see what other qbs are doing.

Aaron Rodgers must be a middle of the road bus driver right? Only put up 7 points against the Chiefs a couple of weeks back and just lost against the Vikings?

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
SplendidPoshGardensnake-size_restricted.gif

Qcard

Reaction score
if you can’t get players to execute and win then what good is that “leadership”

this “leadership “ crap Dakstans bring up because he can’t throw the ball accurately or read defended is getting old
Dak Haters are liars...

Dak has the 3rd best Pass Completion percentage of all starting QBs
1. K. Murray 72.7
2. M. Jones 70.2
3. D. Prescott 69.4

Accuracy is measured in completions NOT Dak Haters Eye Test...

Dak Haters are weird.....

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Look at Derek Carr’s contract… He’s Dak caliber and might be better.

Again, that'd be great, but the available talent to replace Dak wasn't good, and, as was the case with Romo, if you get rid of Dak, this team is a 5-12 team most years. We'd return to the 2000_2002 seasons, and I don't wanna go back there.

Qcard

Reaction score
Look at Derek Carr’s contract… He’s Dak caliber and might be better.
Was Derek Carr's contract Top 5 at the time of signing?

Don't act like you can't do simple Contract percentage drop to Cap....as Caps increase every year!!

Dak Haters can't multitask

blueblood70

Reaction score
I don't care about his deal no player is worth that type of coin IMHO.. however against Denver and KC he stunk..

atl he was superman and raiders was who dak is played well but couldn't quite get it done without help from the run game and defense.,.far too many 3 and outs..his best games are with balanced run game..that Denver blueprint is to take away the run and force the pass game to win on long drives and well 1-3 for dak since he got back after the bye and thats not good..

Denver games team loss, IMO KC Is squarely on him IMO..he played well enough in the raiders game to win, team lost..

so the teams out of kilter and we need to get this back on track and i trust dak and this team can get it rallying in the right direction again..

Last edited:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Again, that'd be great, but the available talent to replace Dak wasn't good, and, as was the case with Romo, if you get rid of Dak, this team is a 5-12 team most years. We'd return to the 2000_2002 seasons, and I don't wanna go back there.

The bottom line is. He needs to be better. A lot better.

He set the standard high before his calf injury and now he looks like is old self and his old self isn’t going to cut it.

He can’t just sit around all game waiting for someone to do something.

It can’t be “oh well one player is out so now we must suck.”

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Was Derek Carr's contract Top 5 at the time of signing?

Don't act like you can do simple Contract percentage drop to Cap....as Caps increase every year!!

Dak Haters can't multitask

I think some fans want us to go back to the QB searches between 2000 - 2005. That was a fun period for them. They had the luxury of seeing championships, so what's about 10 years of searching for a QB with Jerry's QB skills. He lucked into Romo and lucked into Dak. Any time he actually tried or wanted to draft a particular QB, like Paxton Lynch, they ended up being awful. I have no desire for us to let go of one of the few lucky things this team has. I don't trust Jerry with QB replacement.