• YES

Votes: 44 38.9%
  • NO

Votes: 69 61.1%

• Total voters

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Not really. All of Dak's fans are on this forum...when he signed that contract reddit and twitter were full of posts by people ridiculing the cowboys for the decision. Outside of the Fan Zone, Dak is considered an average QB. Step outside of the echo chamber every once in awhile.

Exactly.. This is where super fans are going to be.

Dak’s a good QB that’s as good as the system he can operate in but he is drastically overpaid because he is not a guy that carries the team.

The best excuse anyone can come up with to Pay him that isn’t a super fan is the market value.

Which my argument for that has been that good QBs are becoming a dime a dozen. Especially if you have a solid foundation in place like Dallas.

See Mac Jones on New England..

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Dak’s a good QB that’s as good as the system he can operate in

No, Dak is a very average QB who can operate in a system provided there is enough star talent around him to offset his limitations. That is what you are seeing play out. Lose one tackle he can't put up any points against a better defense. Lose a WR same thing. No Zeke running the ball - collapse when the team leans on him.

The problem I have with Dak isn't his short comings, it is what it is and that is what he is. My problem is when we disassemble and treat Dak like what he is not. He isn't ever going to be in the caliber of an Aaron Rodgers or a Tom Brady or a Patrick Mahomes. Never gonna happen. Making those ridiculous comparison is what has caused a very average QB to be paid like a superstar.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
dak is part of the soft hotboyz culture. Parson should take over and if he has to slap him around some, so be it.
Sometimes you have to break a few Dak eggs if you are going to make a championship omel
You sound crazy....Dak's leadership is why a Micah can come in and make the impact he is. They hold each other accountable...not like that soft *** Garrett/Romo era.
If I was Big Mike I'd pull Micah aside and tell him sometimes you have to break a few Dak eggs to make a championship omelette.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
No Dak is not worth his contact....and before you mention some of the other QBs making big money, yes most also are not worth their contract. In fact, QB pay has gotten ridiculous.....to the detriment of the rest of the team......but that is the world we live in now. I propose that QB contract should be exempt from the total team salary cap.....or at least have one player contract exempt so that a team can keep their Emmitt Smith, Larry Allen, Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, etc.

egn22

Reaction score
I mean you did try to make up some weird point up by using a anomaly game by Bridgewater to try and compare him to Dak when Dak has far more good games than bad. I honestly thought you were being sarcastic which is why I didn't reply but I guess you were being serious....ouch.
It's like this every season. as soon as the cowboys don't win, Dak is overpaid, he's average, he's inaccurate, all of his accomplishments are ignored and it's ONLY to soothe the ego's of the people that have been wrong on him his entire time here. The people who wanted Wentz or Goff over Dak and that still maintain Dak can't play football. I don't even bother arguing with them anymore because at this point if you can't recognize his talent, you're simply refusing to look at what he's already achieved.
But you've made some great points in this thread. Some of them had me cracking up laughing because they were so blatantly true!!!!

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
No Dak is not worth his contact....and before you mention some of the other QBs making big money, yes most also are not worth their contract. In fact, QB pay has gotten ridiculous.....to the detriment of the rest of the team......but that is the world we live in now. I propose that QB contract should be exempt from the total team salary cap.....or at least have one player contract exempt so that a team can keep their Emmitt Smith, Larry Allen, Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, etc.

Is any player worth what they are paying them now in those terms...its all gotten very ridiculous if you compare it to where it started. Thats why the Player vs Salary argument is a mute point...no one looks at anyone in general thinking "Man he is worth Millions a year" its not in human nature to do so.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It's like this every season. as soon as the cowboys don't win, Dak is overpaid, he's average, he's inaccurate, all of his accomplishments are ignored and it's ONLY to soothe the ego's of the people that have been wrong on him his entire time here. The people who wanted Wentz or Goff over Dak and that still maintain Dak can't play football. I don't even bother arguing with them anymore because at this point if you can't recognize his talent, you're simply refusing to look at what he's already achieved.
But you've made some great points in this thread. Some of them had me cracking up laughing because they were so blatantly true!!!!
AGREED man it sucks this is what this site has become. About people trying to validate they were right while ignoring simple truths.

If you want a good laugh go look at the NFL Draft....now everyone loves Parsons......but man I had no clue how stupid some of these posts were back then. You had one person saying we should draft Mac Jones. Another saying don't draft Slater or Parsons. One saying Parsons is the next Jaylon Smith....a lot of people saying he's a "berry bad puhson...." lol. Its funny as hell lol.

egn22

Reaction score
AGREED man it sucks this is what this site has become. About people trying to validate they were right while ignoring simple truths.

If you want a good laugh go look at the NFL Draft....now everyone loves Parsons......but man I had no clue how stupid some of these posts were back then. You had one person saying we should draft Mac Jones. Another saying don't draft Slater or Parsons. One saying Parsons is the next Jaylon Smith....a lot of people saying he's a "berry bad puhson...." lol. Its funny as hell lol.

I just read that Matt Stafford is 9-71 vs winning teams. I guarantee the Dak haters here who put wins and losses solely on the QB would still want Stafford over Dak. It's not about substance with Dak haters, its about feelings.

Xeven

Reaction score
No QB is worth that at the expense of having quality players at other positions and depth.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I don't think Mahomes is worth his contract either.

Stupid question.

No one is worth this much money to play a kid's game.

DING DING DING...this poll only proves how people view the NFL payscale nothing more.

Reactions: Ken

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Exactly.. This is where super fans are going to be.

Dak’s a good QB that’s as good as the system he can operate in but he is drastically overpaid because he is not a guy that carries the team.

The best excuse anyone can come up with to Pay him that isn’t a super fan is the market value.

Which my argument for that has been that good QBs are becoming a dime a dozen. Especially if you have a solid foundation in place like Dallas.

See Mac Jones on New England..
No player carries an entire team.

Reactions: Ken

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I just read that Matt Stafford is 9-71 vs winning teams. I guarantee the Dak haters here who put wins and losses solely on the QB would still want Stafford over Dak. It's not about substance with Dak haters, its about feelings.
Oh they said that wasn't STafford's fault it was his teams fault even though there was one year he had the best defense in the league and Megatron......

egn22

Reaction score
Oh they said that wasn't STafford's fault it was his teams fault even though there was one year he had the best defense in the league and Megatron......
right, let's hold Dak accountable for how the rest of the team performs when they LOSE. But when they win, lets remind everyone that his team is stacked.

Slick

Reaction score

What has he actually achieved beyond personal stats?