Is Dak worth more than Foles 4 yr 88 million?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Thats a pretty good number to use as a barometer.

Initially I thought Bortyles 3 years 50 million was a good place to start for Dak but since he’s being released by Jags for Foles that might not be a good measuring stick.

If Dak was a FA would he receive this type of Foles deal ? I’m not sure..

Thoughts ...

GenoT

Reaction score
As in unrestricted FA, I’m also not sure.

However, in the parallel universe of Jerryland, and even with a year left on his rookie deal, Dak might surpass Foles’ deal.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
As in unrestricted FA, I’m also not sure.

However, in the parallel universe of Jerryland, and even with a year left on his rookie deal, Dak might surpass Foles’ deal.
Why would it be necessary to pay him more than that?
Just ego for Jerry??

tm1119

Reaction score
Dak would definitely get more...$50M guaranteed isn’t much anymore for a QB. That’s essentially a 2 year deal for Foles to prove he’s a starting caliber QB.

Jerry will give Dak more guaranteed and average annual salary. I’m guessing 5 years $150 with $75 guaranteed...or something in that neighborhood

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

Initially I thought Bortyles 3 years 50 million was a good place to start for Dak but since he’s being released by Jags for Foles that might not be a good measuring stick.

Thoughts ...

No, it's a really poor measure. And thinking Dak would be paid Bortles money sends the message home on what we need to know lol.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NO

Look at the numbers. Where does he fall on this list?

https://overthecap.com/position/quarterback/

I agree with you.

But some fans are simply seeing stupid numbers and calling that "going rate", because it's much easier than actually thinking about things too much.

But the fact is that if you look at that list, few, if any of the names at the top are giving their teams the proper return on investment.

We can start with the top 6, all of whom watched the playoffs from home. If some dummies want to chalk that up as coincidence? Feel free, I can't do your thinking for you. But to blindly want to jump into that same mess? That's just beyond dumb.

And take 4 of those top 6 guys and note that their teams are irrelevant, non-contenders who haven't competed for championships for years, and certainly not after overpaying these quarterbacks. The Vikings, 49'ers, Lions and Raiders have been the role models for what not to do and yet, some people want to now follow their lead?

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score

Thoughts ...
I think we should offer him that right now.