Is Dallas working the phones?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Awuzie to safety is a fear I have had. Just leave him at CB.

I think they are going to do it. Its the same rumblings they had with Byron. I don't want it to happen either. Don't change a guys position when he looks to be the part at corner. I've seen enough failed experiments to know this isn't the best move.

Sydla

Reaction score
Didn't you argue me down earlier today when I said the same about a 32 year old Bennett?

Bennett is still productive and we could use another pass rushing end.

I don’t think we need a CB coming off a serious injury who hasn’t been as good in like 3 years.

I suspect the same logic as last year...... oh oh, zone CB! Gonna look awesome in our system!

Sydla

Reaction score
I think they are going to do it. Its the same rumblings they had with Byron. I don't want it to happen either. Don't change a guys position when he looks to be the part at corner. I've seen enough failed experiments to know this isn't the best move.

The only thing that might give me pause here is the new secondary coach. I don’t trust Marinelli but maybe Richard sees something.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Bennett is still productive and we could use another pass rushing end.

I don’t think we need a CB coming off a serious injury who hasn’t been as good in like 3 years.

I'm fine with what we have at corner. I'm not for it personally but I don' t think adding him would hurt this secondary. And we have enough guys here to where if he doesn't work out...I feel comfortable with what we have.

I put Bennett and Sherman in the same class. I'd take both.....but i'd use those resources on another position.

RoboQB

Reaction score
If Sherman shows up on Monday, it better because he decided to take a weekend trip to Texas with Earl Thomas
while pondering his own retirement.

renny

Reaction score
We have the worst front office in the NFL

Dallas fan for life, but yea they are terrible
Yeah, we don't sign quality free agents and lose the good ones we have. Watch Hitchens walk. It's sometime ok to stand by in free agency but don't let your 25 year old proven free agent leave.

Sydla

Reaction score
Yeah, we don't sign quality free agents and lose the good ones we have. Watch Hitchens walk. It's sometime ok to stand by in free agency but don't let your 25 year old proven free agent leave.

Let him walk if someone gets dumb and overpays him.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We as fans can sit back and critique all of the moves being made or not made by Dallas. Look with envy at the rival Eagles and Giants making moves, see trade after trade from the Rams. Heck the Skins traded for a QB?? Yet do we know for sure that Dallas isn't trying??? Are they planning a FA coup, trading picks to get a Derwin James or Ridley?? Patience is running thin for us all.....time will only tell!!

Roseman seems to me as if he is back to his dream team days, only smarter this time?? Rams just going all out in a frenzy, w/o abandon in the type of guys they are getting. While I admire the boldness and moves of others to a degree, I have to think that we have a plan...Personally, I don't want to believe its pure faith in Garrett just coaching us up!!

Dallas has a hard enough time using what little brain power they have left to retain their own FA's. For them to put in the time to look at outside FA's and players for trade, that would be asking too much.

THIS is the problem with NOT having a real GM. A normal GM would be working the phones every day trying to improve the team and field trades. What was our GM doing recently? Begging Goodell for his 2 million back.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Absolutely. Jerry just ordered the new Fall line of lingerie for the stadiums victorias secrets booth! He’s not going to rest on his laurels from last years line. HOF owner!

Big_D

Reaction score
Seems like more trades than usual for this time of year and of course the Cowboys aren't in the mix. No real surprise there!! Maybe they can send 3 picks to Detroit for Golden Tate.That would be a Jerry type move.

coult44

Reaction score
We as fans can sit back and critique all of the moves being made or not made by Dallas. Look with envy at the rival Eagles and Giants making moves, see trade after trade from the Rams. Heck the Skins traded for a QB?? Yet do we know for sure that Dallas isn't trying??? Are they planning a FA coup, trading picks to get a Derwin James or Ridley?? Patience is running thin for us all.....time will only tell!!

Roseman seems to me as if he is back to his dream team days, only smarter this time?? Rams just going all out in a frenzy, w/o abandon in the type of guys they are getting. While I admire the boldness and moves of others to a degree, I have to think that we have a plan...Personally, I don't want to believe its pure faith in Garrett just coaching us up!!

When the Browns are working harder than Dallas , something is wrong!!!

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
Collusion man. I think teams are refusing to wheel and deal with Dallas, unless they can rake us over the coals. I wouldn't doubt if they had a secret meeting discussing it.

Ok, taking off my tinfoil hat now.
:muttley:

Sydla

Reaction score
The sad thing is the Cowboys, despite their bumbling at times, isn’t that far off.

But Jerry and his son seem incapable of getting it over the finish line.

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
I just called the F.O. Got an answering machine that said they were out of the office.

Wolf2k5

Reaction score
I mean, there’s like 20 other teams that haven’t been trading players too. Are they not working the phones?