Is DaRon Bland a true superstar or a scheme guy like Richard Sherman?

RonWashington

Reaction score
The impressive part of the play was the entire thing the way he cut the receiver then got back up , end zone not to be denied . That receiver catches the ball that’s a sizable gain . Don’t underestimate playing opposite Stephon Gillmore . Learn a lot

lk8701

Reaction score
What scheme do we run for this to be a
pick 6s aren’t scheme related. His picks are him making a perfect read
Pick 6s aren’t but I’m talking about his overall coverage. PFF has him graded as the #1 CB in the NFL. Bland doesn’t have anyone like Earl Thomas helping him so I’m leaning towards superstar.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Not sure I would say that Richard Sherman was purely a scheme guy….i would say though that Bland is showing he is plenty talented to play in this league. Not only is he having a ton of success so far but is doing it with a ton a man coverage. It’s one thing to sit in a zone for 75% of your snaps. It’s another to be manned up on the outside and still do it at a high level.

lk8701

Reaction score
Not sure I would say that Richard Sherman was purely a scheme guy….i would say though that Bland is showing he is plenty talented to play in this league. Not only is he having a ton of success so far but is doing it with a ton a man coverage. It’s one thing to sit in a zone for 75% of your snaps. It’s another to be manned up on the outside and still do it at a high level.
Great answer. Do you have the stats for how much man coverage he plays?

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Pick 6s aren’t but I’m talking about his overall coverage. PFF has him graded as the #1 CB in the NFL. Bland doesn’t have anyone like Earl Thomas helping him so I’m leaning towards superstar.
I don't know what he is as far ad superstar but he'd be good on any team in the NFL. Most of his picks have been man coverage. It's not like he's some slow cover 2 guy

lk8701

Reaction score
Lowest opposing QB rating of any corner, and 11 INTS in 16 games against all kinds of QBs. He's the real deal.

BTW, Richard Sherman is a HOFer...so that makes him the real deal even if it was he really good in a particular scheme.
Yeah. I didn’t mean it as an insult. He was a 5th round pick so confirmation bias is part of it. Even Tom Brady dealt with the stigma for a while.