Is DaRon Bland a true superstar or a scheme guy like Richard Sherman?

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Great answer. Do you have the stats for how much man coverage he plays?
Not on him specifically. Coming into the game today Dallas had the 3rd highest % of man coverage calls in the league though. If I come across the actual metrics I’ll be happy to update.

quickccc

Reaction score
pick 6s aren’t scheme related. His picks are him making a perfect read
the one thing you do Not want to do vs Bland is pass the ball in his direction when he is in forward motion.

When he is facing the ball and can drive thru his man or undercut passes.
He utterly feasts on these type passes on routine basis.

Your best bet is to get him on the outside and try to run " double moves " on him, get him to bite forward
and and get his feet tied up upfield. If you can get behind him, you have a chance.

If his man is in front of him, .. and the passes are in front of him, he's gonna pick it clean.
He's even strong enough to pull the ball away from WRs arms with such ease.

I still pondered why teams try to go after Bland,.. instead of 33 yr old Gilmore.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
He is great at closing on the ball, the int today had nothing to do with the scheme he just went and got the ball.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
11 Pick 6s in 2 years…

Who else is doing this? Its unreal.

Zman5

Reaction score

Mr_437

Reaction score
First thing, let's not put Sherman on the level of Bland by even mentioning him in the same sentence.

Now, Bland makes plays in zone, man, outside, and slot...Brother I don't know what more evidence you need.

mcmvp

Reaction score
The guy just tied an NFL record (or did he beat it…can’t remember which). Either way, it shows the player knows where to be on the field. The dude is a player… No reason over/analyze it.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Tap the brakes on superstar but Bland has excellent instincts jumping routes. Although he’s good in coverage he hasn’t proven to be shutdown corner. He’s developed into a very good corner but let’s not get carried away.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Who cares. Dude is balling out for the boys and is the best CB on this team. He better remain a Cowboy.

DuceizBak

Reaction score
Is this a Richard Sherman situation or would Bland be a stud on any team regardless of scheme?
Daron Bland is 6'0 and runs a 4.4 and is very fast. He would be good regardless of scheme.